I Don't Know What To Say To Pro Haters

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Other than…deal with it.

Because that’s exactly what we’ve had to do with Infinity for seven months.

Honestly when I’m not on these forums defending Pro I am online actually playing Pro because it’s so much more fun, balanced, refreshing, and how the Halo we’ve come to know and love has always felt thanks VERY MUCH to it’s creators, BUNGIE - a developer we owe so very much for creating such a tremendous and phenomenal series.

Right out of the gate Halo 4 seemed to completely disregard those games it owed it’s legacy and succes to with it’s completely revised sandbox - with it’s fancy custom loadouts, ordinance drops, instant respawn, etc. And it seemed like the right decision at the time - Halo had finally caught up to modern shooters and truly innovated it’s formula.

But then after about a few days a plethora of problems with the new settings became painfully apparent. Ordinance drops made the game so imbalanced and reduced the skill gap tremendously by greatly increasing the number of power weapons on the map and potentially giving a beam rifle to one guy and a weak scattershot or needler to the other. AA’s created map and gameplay problems unprecedented in Halo history, such as the infamous camo DMR and Sniper campers. Custom loadouts RUINED vehicular gameplay and further made the game imbalanced with everyone given a mini shotgun and suicide stickies. Instant respawn actually lets players respawn immediately dozens of feet away from their killer and finish them off. Aim assist was/is crazy high. Playlists and gametypes were conspicuously absent. Customs pale in comparison to past games.

These issues lead to the realization that this was NOT Halo. It didn’t feel like Halo, it didn’t play like Halo. Sure Master Chief was on the front cover but the SOUL that Bungie seemed to infuse in it’s games was not there.

So to the forums people went to express their extreme disappointment and demanded fixes to bring the game closer to it’s roots. And for the LONGEST time it seemed like 343 simply wasn’t listening. Then the population started dropping. And it started dropping FAST. Before 343 knew what had happened their population had gone down significantly. Ruh roh…

Ever since then they have actually been significantly improving Halo 4. From certain weapon and vehicle nerfs (cough Boltshot, gauss hog cough) to a complete upcoming rebalancing to weapons damage and aim assist. Forge island has done wonders for custom maps. Multi team, team snipers, SWAT, grifball, Pro, and more have been added and should have been around from the beginning. CSR, new maps, red X, and more things rounded out things significantly.

Anyway the point is Pro takes care of 80% of these issues and actually makes me feel like I’m playing Halo again. I wish I could go grab those 170000 people that left and have them try out Halo 4 today and after June 3rd. I’m pretty sure they would be happy with it. Especially after Legendary Slayer drops in the future.

IDK what else to say. Pro belongs in Halo indescribably more than Infinity. So the fact that those of us that lamented the loss of “classic” Halo with this game had to DEAL WITH Infinity settings up to this point without any “classic” playlist or gametype to fall back on (and for God’s sake throwdown is NOT “classic” and it’s SUPER competitive for actual PROS). Not to mention those who don’t like Pro only have to share a playlist with us. It’s honestly quite selfish if they can’t.

And yes, a radar would be nice. And the playlist should be called “Team Slayer”.

>

QFT

How about NO!

If you want to put population statistics in here, then remember that Slayer Pro playlist was losing population much faster than any of Infinity’s playlists and whole Halo 4’s population in general. This gametype wasn’t popular back then, just like it’s not popular now.

Deal with it.

> How about NO!
>
> If you want to put population statistics in here, then remember that Slayer Pro playlist was losing population much faster than any of Infinity’s playlists and whole Halo 4’s population in general. This gametype wasn’t popular back then, just like it’s not popular now.
>
> Deal with it.

Funny you are telling him to deal with it, when you are the one struggling to deal with the reality of the situation. Slayer pro is here to stay and many people are enjoying it. From the indications 343 has made, there will be even more consolidations of similar gametypes to playlist. You can expect to see more slayer gametypes being added to infinity slayer like legendary slayer, turning Infinity slayer into a true Team slayer playlist. What is that ridicules statement that people like you like to say? Oh yeah, ADAPT.

> How about NO!
>
> If you want to put population statistics in here, then remember that Slayer Pro playlist was losing population much faster than any of Infinity’s playlists and whole Halo 4’s population in general. This gametype wasn’t popular back then, just like it’s not popular now.
>
> Deal with it.

The original Slayer Pro used the DMR (Uncompetitive), BR (Useless back then), and AR (uncompetitive).

This version of Slayer Pro uses revised loadouts using precision only, and is picked at least 20% of the time, warranting a change.

What I though was bizarre about 343 is that they spent time making reach Ultra-Skilled, then went on to make THIS for Halo 4.

> How about NO!
>
>
> Deal with it.

Honestly I’m ignoring you now. I’ve said everything I need to already.

To all of you Slayer Pro fans: do you really want to kill what’s left of Halo 4? Changes are clearly not welcome by Infinity’s population (if significant population drop isn’t telling you anything then check how many times Pro is voted even when it’s 2/3 options) and if you hate Halo 4 so much you want to kill it this way, then it’s better for most of us, if you go away and play Halo 3 instead.

> To all of you Slayer Pro fans: do you really want to kill what’s left of Halo 4? Changes are clearly not welcome by Infinity’s population (if significant population drop isn’t telling you anything then check how many times Pro is voted even when it’s 2/3 options) and if you hate Halo 4 so much you want to kill it this way, then it’s better for most of us, if you go away and play Halo 3 instead.

Halo 4 had 400,000+ players playing within the first week. This is what happened.

Infinity Launches-Players dislike it. 380,000 of the population just disappears. The remainder are casuals who never played any game but Halo 4.

Slayer Pro gets added in-The playlists get a 2000-3000 player boost. Before IS in my timezone hit around 1000 people, now it regularly hits 3000.

If we hadn’t deviated from classic, and AAs were on map or partially loadout partially on map, with set loadouts and no perks, this game would sit at about 260,000.

If Radar gets added back in I will be 100% happy …

Other then no radar I love the feeling // much less randomness…

> Halo 4 had 400,000+ players playing within the first week. This is what happened.
>
> Infinity Launches-Players dislike it. 380,000 of the population just disappears. The remainder are casuals who never played any game but Halo 4.

Please tell how Slayer Pro playlist got faster population drop (from 17k to 1.6k) than 4v4 Infinity Slayer (from 170k to 25k) at the same time. It was the least popular gametype. You really think that it all will be much different now?

> Slayer Pro gets added in-The playlists get a 2000-3000 player boost. Before IS in my timezone hit around 1000 people, now it regularly hits 3000.

That’s totally opposite of my experience and what charts are saying.

> If we hadn’t deviated from classic, and AAs were on map or partially loadout partially on map, with set loadouts and no perks, this game would sit at about 260,000.

You have absolutely no evidence for that. Right before Halo 4 came out Halo 3 population jumped to around 10000 (maybe little more). Apart for Halo 3’s core population, few thounsands were people who were training for Halo 4. This is potential population for classic slayer, not 260000, nor even 26000.

> If Radar gets added back in I will be 100% happy …
>
> Other then no radar I love the feeling // much less randomness…

This is what I feel like is the view of the majority of the community. I love radar free gameplay and the skill it brings out. But I understand I am in the minority and expect to see some type of change wither it be a legendary slayer gametype added to the playlist or they just add radar to slayer pro. I feel like for now slayer pro is a nice stopgap until they have everything ready to launch into MM.

I think people have the right express their opinions on slayer pro.

Why are we only aloud to complain about game types that you don’t like?

> I think people have the right express their opinions on slayer pro.
>
> Why are we only aloud to complain about game types that you don’t like?

naturally. and this is mine. complain about any game type you want, I’m not stopping you.

> > I think people have the right express their opinions on slayer pro.
> >
> > Why are we only aloud to complain about game types that you don’t like?
>
> naturally. and this is mine. complain about any game type you want, I’m not stopping you.

So could you just let haters hate and not tell them to just deal with it?

Please?

Not that I hate Infinity or Pro. I miss the AR though.

> > > I think people have the right express their opinions on slayer pro.
> > >
> > > Why are we only aloud to complain about game types that you don’t like?
> >
> > naturally. and this is mine. complain about any game type you want, I’m not stopping you.
>
> So could you just let haters hate and not tell them to just deal with it?
>
> Please?
>
> Not that I hate Infinity or Pro. I miss the AR though.

No, because if haters are “aloud” to hate on my favorite gametype then I’m allowed to hate on the haters hating If you know what I mean. It’s a free forum. Support what you want, hate what you will, and I will do the same.

In this case, I’m defending Pro Slayer and expressing my disappointment, and frankly disgust, towards the people who can’t deal with letting us enjoy said Pro Slayer.

Meh.

I went away for two days, is this seriously still a thing that deserved its own thread?

And its xlDarKSav1oRlx, imagine that.

The problem is still not that Slayer Pro exists, but that it exists inside an “Infinity” playlist. And therefore, not being an Infinity game, is not what people who select “Infinity Slayer” are looking to play.

If Slayer Pro is really so great for this game, and I’m not discrediting that, than the population should begin to go up enough to support it getting its own playlist.

The difference between now and 8 months ago is:
Back then you had no other choice but to play Infinity Slayer.

Now there is an option, and you show no pity for people who are being forced to play what they don’t want to.

Think of it this way:
You and Person are at a table being served cake.

You want cherry, all they have is chocolate. This goes on for awhile.

Now, they have cherry and chocolate, but the majority of the table decides what is ate. And your buddy person hates Cherry.

So instead of having two tables, where each is served, we have one, where someone is always going to be unhappy.

> To all of you Slayer Pro fans: do you really want to kill what’s left of Halo 4?

YES classic halo is the way to go infinity must die painfully

> Meh.
>
> I went away for two days, is this seriously still a thing that deserved its own thread?
>
> And its xlDarKSav1oRlx, imagine that.
>
> The problem is still not that Slayer Pro exists, but that it exists inside an “Infinity” playlist. And therefore, not being an Infinity game, is not what people who select “Infinity Slayer” are looking to play.
>
> If Slayer Pro is really so great for this game, and I’m not discrediting that, than the population should begin to go up enough to support it getting its own playlist.
>
> The difference between now and 8 months ago is:
> Back then you had no other choice but to play Infinity Slayer.
>
> Now there is an option, and you show no pity for people who are being forced to play what they don’t want to.
>
> Think of it this way:
> You and Person are at a table being served cake.
>
> You want cherry, all they have is chocolate. This goes on for awhile.
>
> Now, they have cherry and chocolate, but the majority of the table decides what is ate. And your buddy person hates Cherry.
>
> So instead of having two tables, where each is served, we have one, where someone is always going to be unhappy.

It’s more like There are two types of cake in a room being voted for. Two are banana cream (which most everyone hates) and one is carrot cake. Carrot cake is going to win. A few people hate carrot cake and leave the room. Next door they are having a similar vote and it turns out more people like banana cream in this room and they are happy.

And what did you not understand about my OP? This is my best stuff and I am tired of seeing hate threads so I wanted to put everything I could into a “pro” Pro thread.

Here’s a little gem I posted in a couple other threads:

"Howza 'bout you pick one of the two out of three Infinity Slayer options and let the majority of “classic” Halo/Pro/Balanced supporters enjoy the gift 343 has given us?

The pain we’ve endured for months is incomparable to the minuscule inconvenience of you having to play a Pro game once in a while or, as mentioned above, back out of a pro “Pro” lobby and try again. GASP!

We had no classic playlist to play forever and now you whiners can’t share a playlist with us? Some people are unbelievable and selfish."

> > To all of you Slayer Pro fans: do you really want to kill what’s left of Halo 4?
>
> YES classic halo is the way to go infinity must die painfully

There is no way I can respond to this that wouldn’t get me reported for Flaming.

> > Meh.
> >
> > I went away for two days, is this seriously still a thing that deserved its own thread?
> >
> > And its xlDarKSav1oRlx, imagine that.
> >
> > The problem is still not that Slayer Pro exists, but that it exists inside an “Infinity” playlist. And therefore, not being an Infinity game, is not what people who select “Infinity Slayer” are looking to play.
> >
> > If Slayer Pro is really so great for this game, and I’m not discrediting that, than the population should begin to go up enough to support it getting its own playlist.
> >
> > The difference between now and 8 months ago is:
> > Back then you had no other choice but to play Infinity Slayer.
> >
> > Now there is an option, and you show no pity for people who are being forced to play what they don’t want to.
> >
> > Think of it this way:
> > You and Person are at a table being served cake.
> >
> > You want cherry, all they have is chocolate. This goes on for awhile.
> >
> > Now, they have cherry and chocolate, but the majority of the table decides what is ate. And your buddy person hates Cherry.
> >
> > So instead of having two tables, where each is served, we have one, where someone is always going to be unhappy.
>
> It’s more like There are two types of cake in a room being voted for. Two are banana cream (which most everyone hates) and one is carrot cake. Carrot cake is going to win. A few people hate carrot cake and leave the room. Next door they are having a similar vote and it turns out more people like banana cream in this room and they are happy.
>
> And what did you not understand about my OP? This is my best stuff and I am tired of seeing hate threads so I wanted to put everything I could into a “pro” Pro thread.
>
> Here’s a little gem I posted in a couple other threads:
>
> “Howza 'bout you pick one of the two out of three Infinity Slayer options and let the majority of “classic” Halo/Pro/Balanced supporters enjoy the gift 343 has given us?
>
> The pain we’ve endured for months is incomparable to the minuscule inconvenience of you having to play a Pro game once in a while or, as mentioned above, back out of a pro “Pro” lobby and try again. GASP!
>
> We had no classic playlist to play forever and now you whiners can’t share a playlist with us? Some people are unbelievable and selfish.”

You just don’t get it. You seem to be under the belief that you are better than the people who like the Infinity types and therefore when you have finally been given what you want after asking for it for so long, -Yoink- everyone else.

Back out and try again? Are you kidding? The whole point is this playlist is supposed to be INFINITY. Someone doesn’t go into CTF and complain that they never get to play Dominion.

And lets talk about the shoe being on the other foot. No more Hate threads? HA!

For 6 -Yoinking!- months that’s all this forum was. Hate for Infinity, Hate for PO, Hate for 343, Hate for Loadouts, Hate for AA’s, Hate for Spartan Ops, Hate for Campaign, HATE HATE HATE.

And now you get handed something, and suddenly its “defend 343 and their glorious decision to include Pro”. For you have apparntly walked through hell and have come out on the otherside to find peace.

And now, the people who have had to listen to all your “Pro” -Yoink- for months, complain when their playlist is filled with your “gift” and suddenly you can’t take all the hate threads?

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!

You’ve had to put up with it for a week.

I’ve been banned twice dealing -Yoinking!- haters on this forum on your damn side of the fence.

Cry me a -Yoinking!- river.