I don't know what it is about this game...

That I just don’t enjoy anymore. I got back into it when yapyap dropped and thoroughly enjoyed it again, learning heroes and relearning heroes. I honestly felt when yapyap got his slight tweak the game was at its best.

Now? Sure it seems fine marines got reverted (rightly so) and the game seems ok but I just find myself getting frustrated at little things and losing matches I’d easily win or have a good chance at. Maybe it’s being burntout? I dunno. Maybe lack of maps? I dunno.

Is anyone else feeling or felt this way?

Yep.

Haven’t sat down and played for any extended duration in weeks, honestly. And I can only tolerate it in small doses now.

I’m planning on playing through ATN then probably uninstalling it. It’s been real, but I’m done.

> 2533274924073601;2:
> Yep.
>
> Haven’t sat down and played for any extended duration in weeks, honestly. And I can only tolerate it in small doses now.
>
> I’m planning on playing through ATN then probably uninstalling it. It’s been real, but I’m done.

Yeah I’m the same. I used to be able to play for hours or given the opportunity for a full day and even into the night, now I just get annoyed at the smallest thing. Hopefully ATN gets me interested enough.

I dunno, I played hw1 on and off for years something about it just drew me in. It’s been a blast for sure.

It’s probably burn out. I’d probably not play till ATN comes out

I’m still enjoying it and going strong. Lol.

> 2533274927740213;4:
> It’s probably burn out. I’d probably not play till ATN comes out

Yeah think that’s what I’ll probably do. I didn’t play much at when jerome and Serena dropped so hopefully another short break will do it.

> 2533274812650916;5:
> I’m still enjoying it and going strong. Lol.

Haha I’m glad that you are. I love the game and it’s still my goty so far, just hopefully ATN will get me invested again.

I can understand the frustration. For me, its because the game basically got turned on its head with a massive amount of balance changes. Overall I think the game is way more balanced now, however it is very anoying relearning what works and what doesn’t work.

Everyone get’s bored at some point Regnier!
I always feel like playing Halo Wars 2 but I never do!
Doesn’t mean I hate the game.
Play ATN and than uninstall, or something, that seems the best way for it! The game’s been fun, after ATN they should focus on Halo 6, and making THAT game a constant replayability!

Not at all, it’s probably just too simple of an RTS. That and the game could use some new maps.

New maps would be fine. Hopefully we will get more after ATN but I’m not getting my hopes up.

i love the game and for me its alot of fun but what kills it for me is the constant lags and freezes and just flat out game drops. its almost pointless for me to play anymore when 343 cant get a working server in the first place

> 2533274924073601;2:
> Yep.
>
> Haven’t sat down and played for any extended duration in weeks, honestly. And I can only tolerate it in small doses now.
>
> I’m planning on playing through ATN then probably uninstalling it. It’s been real, but I’m done.

Ah man, the original HW2 forum crew is backing out?

> 2533274812438213;13:
> > 2533274924073601;2:
> > Yep.
> >
> > Haven’t sat down and played for any extended duration in weeks, honestly. And I can only tolerate it in small doses now.
> >
> > I’m planning on playing through ATN then probably uninstalling it. It’s been real, but I’m done.
>
> Ah man, the original HW2 forum crew is backing out?

We’ll meet again in 2027 to see where everyone’s at and reminisce about the pre Forgemania days.

> 2533274796391115;14:
> > 2533274812438213;13:
> > > 2533274924073601;2:
> > > Yep.
> > >
> > > Haven’t sat down and played for any extended duration in weeks, honestly. And I can only tolerate it in small doses now.
> > >
> > > I’m planning on playing through ATN then probably uninstalling it. It’s been real, but I’m done.
> >
> > Ah man, the original HW2 forum crew is backing out?
>
> We’ll meet again in 2027 to see where everyone’s at and reminisce about the pre Forgemania days.

10 years, 10 long years, that’s how long it took us to get Halo Wars 3. At first things were going well, until stalemate after stalemate, patch after patch…made what was going to be long diverse gameplay, into 10 years of Siege Turrets and Tech 1 spam. But that’s all Halo Wars 2 is these days Tech 1 Spam, but it’s ours again…

rolls opening cinematic

Halo Wars 3

I thought it was burnout at first, but I never er had anything like this happen with HW1. The game is just too repetitive and feels unfair so often that it’s exhausting. I regret putting in as much energy as I have tbh.

> 2533274924073601;16:
> I thought it was burnout at first, but I never er had anything like this happen with HW1. The game is just too repetitive and feels unfair so often that it’s exhausting. I regret putting in as much energy as I have tbh.

I feel that. I’ve cut back also.

For me, it’s the time commitment. I’ve posted about that a lot here. I still really like this game, but I have trouble handling the 40-60 minute games. They’re draining, and winning just doesn’t feel as good as it should (maybe because you go up 2-6 points per win).
If I can sit down for an hour and play a number of games, using different leaders and openers, then I’m enjoying the game. But, too much of the time, my game time is spent on one endless match.

Team games are still fun, thankfully.

Sure in a few months I won’t be playing consistently, but I won’t uninstall, I can almost bet you after about a month or so of ATN everything will be balanced, unlike its predecessor. HW1 was really fun but I can’t deny it wasn’t balanced. If HW2 had, I don’t know, overall 15-20 multiplayer maps, 5-7 Blitz maps, and 3 Terminus Firefight maps I think the game would be great for years on end. I know they’ve had some Blitz maps, they weren’t the most creative, just reskins, but hey at least it was something!

Of course after a 45 minute match on 1v1 you feel exhausted, and probably a little upset if you loss lol. The game is fun and if you are pretty evenly matched I guess the battle is going to be long, just finding the right thing to do to win can be difficult 30 minutes in and going back and forth for sure! But yes the variation of this game can change drastically with a different style of maps! Right now its pretty much all about map control with the power nodes and all(except for those bum rushes which are funny), but lets just say if we had some maps without power nodes and sometimes with no free bases/rebel bases mix would change the strategies and diverse halo wars 2 in an amazing way in my opinion. Maybe I’m wrong, but it would stir it up!

I’ve played the game since launch nonstop. Got the season pass and going to get ATN because this game is amazing.