I don't know about you....

But I am LOVING Halo 5. Everytime I get done playing online, I cant help but think “-Yoink!-, i hope 343 doesn’t listen to 90% of the nonsense on the forums”. It’s so damn fun, even when I get my -Yoink- handed to me.

Well done 343.

> 2556731038472681;1:
> But I am LOVING Halo 5. Everytime I get done playing online, I cant help but think “-Yoink!-, i hope 343 doesn’t listen to 90% of the nonsense on the forums”. It’s so damn fun, even when I get my -Yoink- handed to me.
>
> Well done 343.

Alright, so let’s have them NOT fix the Armory glitch, or any other game breaking for that matter. Let’s keep the vehicles lighter than an actual Spartan too, that’s balanced. Let’s also let people spend too much time re-learning the aiming mechanics because they’re fundamentally different from every other shooter they played, because there’s so much reward in spending one hour of the two hours some people only have to play video games in their day to master the controls and play properly for one more hour before they go back to stressing real life.

If 90% of what is said is nonsense, then there’s no need to pay any heed. They should just focus on the 10% that compliments the game for no reason other than “It’s MLG competitive now”

Look, even with biased insight, there is a constructive solution out of what you’re calling “nonsense”. And tell me, what exactly happens when developers or publishers don’t listen to the people giving them money? Make better games? How? They don’t even know what to improve or what to fix without any form of feedback. Now, in the middle of all the biased “343 should die” or “Give Halo back to Bungie” shenanigans are some genuinely useful feedback, one that isn’t catered to a minority in the audience ala Pro Gamer wanna-bes (No offense to actual Pro Gamers, but if the game’s only catored to you, then it’s an official esport more so than an actual Video Game at this point, and we’d be wasting our money to stress out from the game than actually enjoy it. Hell, I’m forcing myself to play these days because I find a fun match after 10 matches that vary in mediocrity or downright frustration)

Criticism has a purpose, but you can still compliment the developers and encourage them,heck they NEED support in the early months post launch, but in the end they have to listen to the people playing their games. This kind of thing affects in the long term negatively even if they succeeded in their short term goals, whatever they were. The idea that “content released later will bring back people to play” isn’t 100% effective, and a launch of a game is more determinant than some people give it credit for.

Constructive criticism can be very productive and insightful, especially with near direct contact from 343i. I love the game too, but some stuff does need some tweaking.

> 2533274873858957;2:
> > 2556731038472681;1:
> > But I am LOVING Halo 5. Everytime I get done playing online, I cant help but think “-Yoink!-, i hope 343 doesn’t listen to 90% of the nonsense on the forums”. It’s so damn fun, even when I get my -Yoink- handed to me.
> >
> > Well done 343.
>
>
> Alright, so let’s have them NOT fix the Armory glitch, or any other game breaking for that matter. Let’s keep the vehicles lighter than an actual Spartan too, that’s balanced. Let’s also let people spend too much time re-learning the aiming mechanics because they’re fundamentally different from every other shooter they played, because there’s so much reward in spending one hour of the two hours some people only have to play video games in their day to master the controls and play properly for one more hour before they go back to stressing real life.
>
> If 90% of what is said is nonsense, then there’s no need to pay any heed. They should just focus on the 10% that compliments the game for no reason other than “It’s MLG competitive now”
>
> Look, even with biased insight, there is a constructive solution out of what you’re calling “nonsense”. And tell me, what exactly happens when developers or publishers don’t listen to the people giving them money? Make better games? How? They don’t even know what to improve or what to fix without any form of feedback. Now, in the middle of all the biased “343 should die” or “Give Halo back to Bungie” shenanigans are some genuinely useful feedback, one that isn’t catered to a minority in the audience ala Pro Gamer wanna-bes (No offense to actual Pro Gamers, but if the game’s only catored to you, then it’s an official esport more so than an actual Video Game at this point, and we’d be wasting our money to stress out from the game than actually enjoy it. Hell, I’m forcing myself to play these days because I find a fun match after 10 matches that vary in mediocrity or downright frustration)
>
> Criticism has a purpose, but you can still compliment the developers and encourage them,heck they NEED support in the early months post launch, but in the end they have to listen to the people playing their games. This kind of thing affects in the long term negatively even if they succeeded in their short term goals, whatever they were. The idea that “content released later will bring back people to play” isn’t 100% effective, and a launch of a game is more determinant than some people give it credit for.

I’ll agree 100% with the armory glitch. That one does suck. But, c’mon man. The aiming is fine. seriously there’s nothing wrong with it. I get killed in Halo and CoD equally haha. And yes, i feel like 90% of the stuff posted here is just nit-picky nonsense. I feel most of it is because the older players like myself (I’m 35) can’t stand something they had such fun in college with has changed up. Sure there’s things that may need some fine tuning and tweaking but that the beauty of the internet. Those things can be fixed.

if nonsense is requesting the devs add more variety to make the game EVEN BETTER, then I’d be afraid to ask for your help in a common sense situation

I agree. Great job 343.

And I thought I’d be playing Star Wars Battlefront this time of year.

Halo 5, $60.00, playing almost daily.
Star Wars Battlefront, $60.00, played for a few hours here and there and shelved it.

I had no idea H5 multiplayer would be this fun.

It could’ve been better. A lot better.

It’s still fun though.

> 2797325125701914;6:
> I agree. Great job 343.
>
> And I thought I’d be playing Star Wars Battlefront this time of year.
>
> Halo 5, $60.00, playing almost daily.
> Star Wars Battlefront, $60.00, played for a few hours here and there and shelved it.
>
> I had no idea H5 multiplayer would be this fun.

> 2556731038472681;1:
> But I am LOVING Halo 5. Everytime I get done playing online, I cant help but think “-Yoink!-, i hope 343 doesn’t listen to 90% of the nonsense on the forums”. It’s so damn fun, even when I get my -Yoink- handed to me.
>
> Well done 343.

You two must have a very high pain tolerance.

> 2808047981948072;5:
> if nonsense is requesting the devs add more variety to make the game EVEN BETTER, then I’d be afraid to ask for your help in a common sense situation

The variety is coming. I guess I’m just more patient than you. Or you play A LOT more than I do.

> 2797325125701914;6:
> I agree. Great job 343.
>
> And I thought I’d be playing Star Wars Battlefront this time of year.
>
> Halo 5, $60.00, playing almost daily.
> Star Wars Battlefront, $60.00, played for a few hours here and there and shelved it.
>
> I had no idea H5 multiplayer would be this fun.

Word. I’m glad that I got CoD and Battlefront from Gamefly.

> 2808047981948072;5:
> if nonsense is requesting the devs add more variety to make the game EVEN BETTER, then I’d be afraid to ask for your help in a common sense situation

Nonsense is all of the people that just come here and say Halo 5 is terrible and that it will die before anything else because everything is terrible and they aren’t going to play anymore. What you’re saying is constructive feedback even if its in a negative sense.

> 2556731038472681;4:
> > 2533274873858957;2:
> > > 2556731038472681;1:
> > >
>
>
> I’ll agree 100% with the armory glitch. That one does suck. But, c’mon man. The aiming is fine. seriously there’s nothing wrong with it. I get killed in Halo and CoD equally haha. And yes, i feel like 90% of the stuff posted here is just nit-picky nonsense. I feel most of it is because the older players like myself (I’m 35) can’t stand something they had such fun in college with has changed up. Sure there’s things that may need some fine tuning and tweaking but that the beauty of the internet. Those things can be fixed.

Look, it’s good that aiming is fine for you,(rest in spoiler, too long)

heck that’s great that it doesn’t bother you, but you’re not the only one playing the game. Some if not most people that give constructive and non-constructive complaints are never aware of this when providing feedback. Thousands of people are playing the game, and if they can’t enjoy the game because they don’t have the time to adapt to the Halo5 aiming (Or according to some recent threads, can’t afford monitors with better refreshing rate, since that is allegedly a factor in aiming) what right does anyone have in telling them the game is “fine” and that they should suck it up?
I’m bad in every shooter I play, and I die enough in games to know what deaths I deserve and what deaths I don’t. Dying because my aiming threshold can’t calibrate to my aiming style or other play styles doesn’t warrant a death streak (this is the part where someone swoops in and says ‘git gud’ to which then that’s where I’d agree on the nonsense category). Aiming works for you, fantastic. And I hear that other people are having an easier time with this using an Elite controller (As someone who got the H5 Xbox One Bundle, this only slightly bothers me as we shouldn’t have to buy yet another peripheral to enjoy a game, but that’s my personal thought), which I can’t afford anytime soon, but more power to them. However, I still think we should be allowed to give feedback to make the experience as best as it can be universally, and it’s clear from the repeated threads that Halo 5’s current aiming is more of a mixed bag than an improvement.

(tl; dr, you’re not the only aiming in this game, have some consideration for others that want to enjoy the game. And this goes for the people complaining of aiming as well)

But I digress, my issue with the statement isn’t the problems with the game.

To start, not everyone rejects change because it’s not what their nostalgic memories had. Sure, the worse majority does, but since when does that stop a developer? The current problem in the forums (OR any other place really) is that there’s no way of proper two way communication. And that’s understandable, one or two community managers can’t handle all the community at once, and developers don’t have the time to humor the fanbase in a discussion about why the new Rocket Launcher looks like a Bamboo. And that kind of thing is understandably(?) gets the fanbase riled up. So what seems like nonsense to you can be a full, concise, constructive criticism that’s lost in either fanrage, sloppy sense of humor, or other anti-social factor.
But, and this is what I personally think a capable game developer does, they can analyze all the different feedbacks, filter them out, and find solutions to a lot of their problems, and there is the kind of critical thinking that should be taken towards all of what you call “nit-picks”.
Your logic is basically saying that 343 should straight up ignore the passionate (arguably to a fault) feedback from people that genuinely want to enjoy the game along with all the shenanigans which I’m sure the mods do a fantastic effort in controlling. That doesn’t make a good game. And in the long run, less and less people will support 343 because they’ll be known as the people that “never listen to the audience and do whatever they want”. Sure, it sounds like that right now, but the only reason I can think of Halo 5’s focus is either the esports approach Microsoft wants to take, or the vocal minority of Halo 4’s period that complained of the lack of competitive gameplay (Or what I personally like to call OMGMLGPRO Gameplay. But that’s just me)
Sure, they can patch things later, but by then it’s very likely that most people already traded back Halo 5, and the next time they buy it is going to be a used copy. Keeping the audience engaged by content updates has as much harm as it does good, which is why I believe the initial launch is fundamental to a game’s success. I personally think the sole focus on competitive multiplayer damaged Halo 5 as a game and Halo as a franchise, because the game started on a lore, and 343 chose to expand the lore in the games. To abandon that very well damages the image of the franchise, which in turn damages the image of the developers handling the franchise that was passed onto them.
And don’t get me wrong, I’m looking forward to any major updates that add to the game (As long as the next REQ pack doesn’t have 30 emblems of the 48 new REQs, at least), but I highly doubt they’ll expand on things like Spartan Ops with how they’re focusing on eSports and Warzone. Which is where feedback shows the demand.
In the end. feedback helps the developers improve their product as much as it helps the ones giving feedback let out some stress.

And yeah, I’m not gonna say all the given feedback isn’t nonsense, but even the nonsensical ones have valid complaints. So neither you nor I should dismiss them so casually, and 343 should definitely not be doing that as well.
Again, consider others when enjoying your games, ESPECIALLY when it’s so multiplayer focused.

Edit: post was too long, so put it in spoilers

> 2533274828740661;8:
> > 2797325125701914;6:
> > I agree. Great job 343.
> >
> > And I thought I’d be playing Star Wars Battlefront this time of year.
> >
> > Halo 5, $60.00, playing almost daily.
> > Star Wars Battlefront, $60.00, played for a few hours here and there and shelved it.
> >
> > I had no idea H5 multiplayer would be this fun.
>
>
>
>
> > 2556731038472681;1:
> > But I am LOVING Halo 5. Everytime I get done playing online, I cant help but think “-Yoink!-, i hope 343 doesn’t listen to 90% of the nonsense on the forums”. It’s so damn fun, even when I get my -Yoink- handed to me.
> >
> > Well done 343.
>
>
> You two must have a very high pain tolerance.

Naw, that aint it.

**They simply have extremely low expectations.**Nough said.

> 2556731038472681;9:
> > 2808047981948072;5:
> > if nonsense is requesting the devs add more variety to make the game EVEN BETTER, then I’d be afraid to ask for your help in a common sense situation
>
>
> The variety is coming. I guess I’m just more patient than you. Or you play A LOT more than I do.

Again,
Very low expectations from a AAA titled, $60 game.