I dont get why people hate sprint.

I understand people dont like the idea of people running away from fights, or being OP with melee weapons (all a la reach)

But this idea has been suggested a million times. How about if you are shot you slowdown/stop completely? Whats the conceivable wrong in that?
Sprint is great in FPS, it adds those high intensity action moments.
Halo 4 is trying to make us feel like a supersoldier. I dont envision a super soldier power walking. Come on. Halo has been great for 10 years. If the so called ‘fans’ have their say, the next ten years of halo will be halo 2, again, and again, and AGAIN, until that formula becomes more stale that it already is. Then maybe when Treyarch or Activision gets a clue, maybe they will change, and halo will be the game mocked for its copy and pasted sequels. (wouldn’t that be an ironic twist)

Again, sprint works, it tweaked. I support sprint, especially in campaign.

EDIT: People dont seem to get what i mean. IF you stop when shot, then whats the problem with sprint?
Also, some think that stopping will feel clunky, so how about slowing down?

I know alot of you must be thinking. “DOH another sprint thread”
I am genuinely curious as to what the problem is if tweaked in the manner i mentioned. Dont flame me.

There’s no problem really if you stop when shot, but because we have no information we can’t really say if sprint will be a good or bad thing in the game.

Sprint is what was missing from all previous Halo titles. If it’s now a permanent ability for all users then no one should have anything to complain about.

Because Double Beatdowning cowards in Reach…they will be back in Halo 4

people are afraid of losing the essence of halo and it becoming just another shooter. I don’t care one way or the other really, it is all fun. but both sides have a valid argument

> Because Double Beatdowning cowards in Reach…they will be back in Halo 4

YOU STOP WHEN SHOT. Being hit once will plant them in their sprinting tracks. Do you people not get that?

Stop when shot sprint=
No running away
no double beatdown noobs
no sword/grav hammer OP players
And many more issues solved.

> > Because Double Beatdowning cowards in Reach…they will be back in Halo 4
>
> YOU STOP WHEN SHOT. Being hit once will plant them in their sprinting tracks. Do you people not get that?

Until the day 343 industries says that that’s how it will be implemented, we will complain. Sprint as it is in Reach is a disgrace to the gameplay and we have no reason to believe so far that it will be any different in Halo 4.

> > Because Double Beatdowning cowards in Reach…they will be back in Halo 4
>
> YOU STOP WHEN SHOT. Being hit once will plant them in their sprinting tracks. Do you people not get that?

I dont have a problem with sprint in the gameplay, and if you do stop when shot that would be awesome. But 343 hasn’t said that is true.

It’s the same problem with the people who complain here 90% of the time, and the problem that crippled Reach.

Familiarity breeds contempt for anything and everything new because CoD.

Any and every addition to the game, even logical or contemporary ones, will be rejected as too much like what’s popular at the moment.

Also, people just naturally respond more to negativity. They like to feel like they’re being victimized, or standing up for what they believe. It’s a petty mindset, ESPECIALLY when applied to video-games, or something as specific and small as the ability to run faster.

I get what your saying and I agree. Anyway, if they were real “fans” of Halo, wouldn’t they give it a chance?

> I get what your saying and I agree. Anyway, if they were real “fans” of Halo, wouldn’t they give it a chance?

They’ll still buy it. They just want to be as loud as possible now so they have things their way when it comes out. They want that old Halo feel, and if 343i wants to add something new, it rubs them the wrong way.

Plus, there are like, maybe 100 (being generous) people annoyed with the changes here, compared with the 7,776 likes their trailer has on YouTube, and the thousands of people yelling “WOOOOOOO” in the comments. Taking that into account, I’d say the reaction to the new s*** is pretty damn positive.

Even if they do something that makes me dislike the game, it’s not like they took away the good times I had with the old Halo games. That’s like saying someone went back in time and molested me or something.

> > > Because Double Beatdowning cowards in Reach…they will be back in Halo 4
> >
> > YOU STOP WHEN SHOT. Being hit once will plant them in their sprinting tracks. Do you people not get that?
>
> Until the day 343 industries says that that’s how it will be implemented, we will complain. Sprint as it is in Reach is a disgrace to the gameplay and we have no reason to believe so far that it will be any different in Halo 4.

facepalm you do get the point of the thread. Allow me to reiterate. Whats wrong with sprint…
IF
IF
IF
IF
IF
The ideas suggested are implemented.

  1. How do you know?

  2. That is a very good feature

> 1. How do you know?
>
> 2. That is a very good feature

I dont know. Im saying IF halo 4 has this idea with its sprint, whats the problem.

Because I prefer this kind of gameplay to this. Sprint demotes tactical play and promotes rushing. It’s stupid. You all agree with me too, for the #1 reason people want sprint is so they can “get into the action faster”. Aka, rushing. Players don’t wanna be punished for dying; if they die they just wanna be able to get right back to where they were before, in no time. They don’t wanna set up on the map so that they can have a consistent stream of kills, but they do want that stream. So they ask for sprint so that they can just run from one enemy to the next and have that stream of kills without needing to setup with your team. The mechanic just takes some of the depth away from Halo, and I don’t like that.

> Because I prefer this kind of gameplay to this. Sprint demotes tactical play and promotes rushing. It’s stupid. You all agree with me too, for the #1 reason people want sprint is so they can “get into the action faster”. Aka, rushing. Players don’t wanna be punished for dying; if they die they just wanna be able to get right back to where they were before, in no time. They don’t wanna set up on the map so that they can have a consistent stream of kills, but they do want that stream. So they ask for sprint so that they can just run from one enemy to the next and have that stream of kills without needing to setup with your team. The mechanic just takes some of the depth away from Halo, and I don’t like that.

I strongly disagree. There is no conceivable wrong in getting to the action faster. FPS’s use sprint, halo is becoming outdated in its formula and needs to catch up. Giving the player the ability to briefly move faster, within a certain limit, is fine.
Also, way to pick the worst reach gameplay I’ve seen in my life to back up your point.

> > Because I prefer this kind of gameplay to this. Sprint demotes tactical play and promotes rushing. It’s stupid. You all agree with me too, for the #1 reason people want sprint is so they can “get into the action faster”. Aka, rushing. Players don’t wanna be punished for dying; if they die they just wanna be able to get right back to where they were before, in no time. They don’t wanna set up on the map so that they can have a consistent stream of kills, but they do want that stream. So they ask for sprint so that they can just run from one enemy to the next and have that stream of kills without needing to setup with your team. The mechanic just takes some of the depth away from Halo, and I don’t like that.
>
> I strongly disagree. There is no conceivable wrong in getting to the action faster. FPS’s use sprint, halo is becoming outdated in its formula and needs to catch up. Giving the player the ability to briefly move faster, within a certain limit, is fine.

Did I say it’s wrong? No. I said it takes depth away from the gameplay, in which it does. That’s fact. With gaming becoming really mainstream it’s no surprise shallow games are the most popular, but should Halo strive to become shallow? I don’t think so.

As much as I love Halo 2, my favorite game of all time, I understand why 343 is moving on with sprint. Things change, the market has changed, and believe it or not, casual gamers make up more of the community than the hardcore fans that will play it longer. That is the truth, and 343 knows that if they did not include anything new and updated in this day and age like most people on these forums are complaining about, then they would not sell. They are a company, they need to sell and appeal to the masses. Its the hard truth to hear, so I am sorry but thats that. If you do not like it, play something else.

PS, they may have certain playlists to appeal to hardcore gamers, lets wait until we hear more about it, potentially today in the bulletin.