I don't even know what to play any more

Halo 5 is starting to get ridiculous for solo players. I play alone about 95% of the time. A lot of the times I get matched with horrible teammates who don’t even know what a power weapon is. Then the enemy ends up securing all the power weapons and they wreck all of us. I got paired up in big team with a full fire team of the party up gaming spartan company. And we got decimated. My team didn’t get past 25 kills. I had the most on the team with only 8. Social playlists don’t even feel social anymore. I feel like I’m always on the receiving end of the shaft in the social playlists. Also why do social playlists affect your arena win percentage? This needs to be fixed ASAP. My win percentage and KD have just been dropping due to these things. This is starting to turn me off to halo 5. And halo is really the only game I play. In order to win, I shouldn’t have to always be playing with a friend.

I feel like social playlists help w/ K/D, but that’s just me. I play solo too

> 2535449192333956;1:
> Halo 5 is starting to get ridiculous for solo players. I play alone about 95% of the time. A lot of the times I get matched with horrible teammates who don’t even know what a power weapon is. Then the enemy ends up securing all the power weapons and they wreck all of us. I got paired up in big team with a full fire team of the party up gaming spartan company. And we got decimated. My team didn’t get past 25 kills. I had the most on the team with only 8. Social playlists don’t even feel social anymore. I feel like I’m always on the receiving end of the shaft in the social playlists. Also why do social playlists affect your arena win percentage? This needs to be fixed ASAP. My win percentage and KD have just been dropping due to these things. This is starting to turn me off to halo 5. And halo is really the only game I play. In order to win, I shouldn’t have to always be playing with a friend.

This was not usually the case until recent events you know that right? But good knews, the teams ganking you will stop as soon as theirthe teams goals are met. Should get better.Take care and be well my friend ,;~}

The problem is that 343 needs to develop a better search system. Halo 5 has an awful matchmaking system. Why does it put people who are on a win streak with others who are on a losing streak? One person can not carry the entire team. This is evident in everything.

I’m a level 109 and have done every game solo, except for two games of BTB (I was in a party once). It can be tough running solo, I feel you.

I run solo a lot and I never run into this problem, fortunately. Maybe you should try teaming up with some people? I’ve teamed up with some random people from games and we were doing pretty well.

> 2560081931056311;6:
> I run solo a lot and I never run into this problem, fortunately. Maybe you should try teaming up with some people? I’ve teamed up with some random people from games and we were doing pretty well.

I’ve done the same. Except that wouldn’t be solving the problem. 343 needs to develop a search system that is more friendly towards solo players. Older halos were not like this. In ranked, running solo might not be the best idea. But in social running solo shouldn’t become a problem. Also, social and ranked won percentages need to be separate.

> 2714893168226080;2:
> I feel like social playlists help w/ K/D, but that’s just me. I play solo too

Agreed, BTB is a k/d booster if there was ever one.

> 2535449192333956;1:
> Halo 5 is starting to get ridiculous for solo players. I play alone about 95% of the time. A lot of the times I get matched with horrible teammates who don’t even know what a power weapon is. Then the enemy ends up securing all the power weapons and they wreck all of us. I got paired up in big team with a full fire team of the party up gaming spartan company. And we got decimated. My team didn’t get past 25 kills. I had the most on the team with only 8. Social playlists don’t even feel social anymore. I feel like I’m always on the receiving end of the shaft in the social playlists. Also why do social playlists affect your arena win percentage? This needs to be fixed ASAP. My win percentage and KD have just been dropping due to these things. This is starting to turn me off to halo 5. And halo is really the only game I play. In order to win, I shouldn’t have to always be playing with a friend.

Whether you want to or not - playing with others is the easiest way to boost k/d and win %. In general, your win % is above average and good IMO. 55% for a solo player is good, not great, but good. Most people are well below that. I’d just keep playing - we all have bad runs of games with bad teammates. Other thing to remember - sometimes you get good teammates that just have an off game here and there - so you should have won a close game on paper that would help break up your bad streak - but someone missed a couple shots and that fell through.

I’ve never been a fan of ranking solo players in team playlists. There’s too much variation to have a proper rank system doing solo - even premade teams is by no means perfect because it’s still hard to find a team with same skill level. IMO you shouldn’t be permitted to play ranked without a premade team (would promote people not being **** to each other and promote mic talk in game since you would essentially need to find people to play with).

> 2533274833311664;8:
> > 2714893168226080;2:
> > I feel like social playlists help w/ K/D, but that’s just me. I play solo too
>
>
> Agreed, BTB is a k/d booster if there was ever one.
>
>
> > 2535449192333956;1:
> > Halo 5 is starting to get ridiculous for solo players. I play alone about 95% of the time. A lot of the times I get matched with horrible teammates who don’t even know what a power weapon is. Then the enemy ends up securing all the power weapons and they wreck all of us. I got paired up in big team with a full fire team of the party up gaming spartan company. And we got decimated. My team didn’t get past 25 kills. I had the most on the team with only 8. Social playlists don’t even feel social anymore. I feel like I’m always on the receiving end of the shaft in the social playlists. Also why do social playlists affect your arena win percentage? This needs to be fixed ASAP. My win percentage and KD have just been dropping due to these things. This is starting to turn me off to halo 5. And halo is really the only game I play. In order to win, I shouldn’t have to always be playing with a friend.
>
>
> Whether you want to or not - playing with others is the easiest way to boost k/d and win %. In general, your win % is above average and good IMO. 55% for a solo player is good, not great, but good. Most people are well below that. I’d just keep playing - we all have bad runs of games with bad teammates. Other thing to remember - sometimes you get good teammates that just have an off game here and there - so you should have won a close game on paper that would help break up your bad streak - but someone missed a couple shots and that fell through.
>
> I’ve never been a fan of ranking solo players in team playlists. There’s too much variation to have a proper rank system doing solo - even premade teams is by no means perfect because it’s still hard to find a team with same skill level. IMO you shouldn’t be permitted to play ranked without a premade team (would promote people not being **** to each other and promote mic talk in game since you would essentially need to find people to play with).

I kind of agree with you when you say that solo players should not be allowed to play ranked. But in social there should be a system where solo players do not get ranked up with a full team of 8 on BTB. BTb is the only playlist that actually feels social. I haven’t played grifball yet, but the other permanent social playlist does not feel social at all. In fact, I would even argue that it is worse than ranked playlists. Every game so far I’ve been pitted against people who are try hards and my team has no idea of what is going on. Although I do admire the other team fro trying hard, because I don’t see a point in not trying hard.

The social arena gametypes are good, but yeah Warzone has been hell ever since they added that armor for fireteams. Now most of the times it’s 20 minute spawn kills at the core that makes me not want to play warzone anymore.

> 2535449192333956;1:

Do you have the MCC? If Halo is all you play I recommend jumping on there from time to time. You can go hyper competitive with friends in ranked matchmaking or relax in team Slayer or Infection and Action Sack. Generally I find people find the MCC to be more relaxed than Halo 5.

> 2533274833311664;8:
> > 2714893168226080;2:
> > I feel like social playlists help w/ K/D, but that’s just me. I play solo too
>
>
> Agreed, BTB is a k/d booster if there was ever one.
>
>
> > 2535449192333956;1:
> > Halo 5 is starting to get ridiculous for solo players. I play alone about 95% of the time. A lot of the times I get matched with horrible teammates who don’t even know what a power weapon is. Then the enemy ends up securing all the power weapons and they wreck all of us. I got paired up in big team with a full fire team of the party up gaming spartan company. And we got decimated. My team didn’t get past 25 kills. I had the most on the team with only 8. Social playlists don’t even feel social anymore. I feel like I’m always on the receiving end of the shaft in the social playlists. Also why do social playlists affect your arena win percentage? This needs to be fixed ASAP. My win percentage and KD have just been dropping due to these things. This is starting to turn me off to halo 5. And halo is really the only game I play. In order to win, I shouldn’t have to always be playing with a friend.
>
>
> Whether you want to or not - playing with others is the easiest way to boost k/d and win %. In general, your win % is above average and good IMO. 55% for a solo player is good, not great, but good. Most people are well below that. I’d just keep playing - we all have bad runs of games with bad teammates. Other thing to remember - sometimes you get good teammates that just have an off game here and there - so you should have won a close game on paper that would help break up your bad streak - but someone missed a couple shots and that fell through.
>
> I’ve never been a fan of ranking solo players in team playlists. There’s too much variation to have a proper rank system doing solo - even premade teams is by no means perfect because it’s still hard to find a team with same skill level. IMO you shouldn’t be permitted to play ranked without a premade team (would promote people not being **** to each other and promote mic talk in game since you would essentially need to find people to play with).

My arena win percentage was at 59% and ever since January it’s just steadily fallen to 57.5 percent

> 2535449192333956;7:
> > 2560081931056311;6:
> > I run solo a lot and I never run into this problem, fortunately. Maybe you should try teaming up with some people? I’ve teamed up with some random people from games and we were doing pretty well.
>
>
> I’ve done the same. Except that wouldn’t be solving the problem. 343 needs to develop a search system that is more friendly towards solo players. Older halos were not like this. In ranked, running solo might not be the best idea. But in social running solo shouldn’t become a problem. Also, social and ranked won percentages need to be separate.

I mean, I guess so. I would argue that the game is fine because the solution to your problem is to be an active team player, which should be everyone’s first goal in a team game.

> 2533274819939761;11:
> > 2535449192333956;1:
>
>
> Do you have the MCC? If Halo is all you play I recommend jumping on there from time to time. You can go hyper competitive with friends in ranked matchmaking or relax in team Slayer or Infection and Action Sack. Generally I find people find the MCC to be more relaxed than Halo 5.

Yup I have it. But the problem is that most of my friends who were good at halo, don’t play halo anymore. Halo 4 and the Xbox one turned them off to Microsoft and halo. I decided to stay because the only game I play is halo and I love this franchise.

> 2560081931056311;13:
> > 2535449192333956;7:
> > > 2560081931056311;6:
> > > I run solo a lot and I never run into this problem, fortunately. Maybe you should try teaming up with some people? I’ve teamed up with some random people from games and we were doing pretty well.
> >
> >
> > I’ve done the same. Except that wouldn’t be solving the problem. 343 needs to develop a search system that is more friendly towards solo players. Older halos were not like this. In ranked, running solo might not be the best idea. But in social running solo shouldn’t become a problem. Also, social and ranked won percentages need to be separate.
>
>
> I mean, I guess so. I would argue that the game is fine because the solution to your problem is to be an active team player, which should be everyone’s first goal in a team game.

That’s a temporary solution. You’re not always going to be able to play with people that you know and you won’t always have a full fireteam. So this solution is essentially just putting a bandage on the wound and tending to it later.

> 2535449192333956;14:
> > 2533274819939761;11:
> > > 2535449192333956;1:
> > > Halo 5 is starting to get ridiculous for solo players. I play alone about 95% of the time. A lot of the times I get matched with horrible teammates who don’t even know what a power weapon is. Then the enemy ends up securing all the power weapons and they wreck all of us. I got paired up in big team with a full fire team of the party up gaming spartan company. And we got decimated. My team didn’t get past 25 kills. I had the most on the team with only 8. Social playlists don’t even feel social anymore. I feel like I’m always on the receiving end of the shaft in the social playlists. Also why do social playlists affect your arena win percentage? This needs to be fixed ASAP. My win percentage and KD have just been dropping due to these things. This is starting to turn me off to halo 5. And halo is really the only game I play. In order to win, I shouldn’t have to always be playing with a friend.
> >
> >
> > Do you have the MCC? If Halo is all you play I recommend jumping on there from time to time. You can go hyper competitive with friends in ranked matchmaking or relax in team Slayer or Infection and Action Sack. Generally I find people find the MCC to be more relaxed than Halo 5.
>
>
> Yup I have it. But the problem is that most of my friends who were good at halo, don’t play halo anymore. Halo 4 and the Xbox one turned them off to Microsoft and halo. I decided to stay because the only game I play is halo and I love this franchise.

I’m in a similar boat as you but I refused to buy Halo 5 so I’m sticking with the MCC.

Firefight will/could fix everything!

Edit: In terms of playing solo.

> 2533274887968151;17:
> Firefight will/could fix everything!
>
> Edit: In terms of playing solo.

But playing against A.I just isn’t too fun for me. I’m a very competitive human being and I like playing against people who are on my level and then getting better than them. Firefight just doesn’t seem too appealing to me.

Omg yes!! BELIEVE YOU ME, I know your struggles of bad teammates!! Grrrrrr it seriously grinds my gears getting constant games like this!

And I have to do this like every game otherwise I will lose every match (in most cases I do!). It’s so freaking frustrating playing alone in this game.

Unfortunately, this is due to the fact that for one, Social isn’t actually Social. It’s ranked. The only difference is that they hide the ranking in game. (If you don’t believe me, go to my service record and see for yourself).

There are two things that just need to be changed and most of your problems will go away.

• Full parties match full parties. Parties of three match parties of three. And solos and parties of two match solos and parties of two. Halo 3 used to do it this way and I think they had it right! - Actually remove the ranking system from Social.

Halo has never been able to find a good search algorithm. The worst was Halo 3. Trueskill and 1-50 were completely broken. Halo 5 is probably second worst. Though I’ll admit it was better when there was a larger player base to choose from and before the game turned to Achillies sweaty try hard central.