I don't believe Chief woke up with the new armor

I’m a bit tired of alot of people complaining that chief didn’t have the new armor he has now at the end of halo 3. I don’t believe the Chief woke up from cryo to have the new armor.
It was probably just for the purpose of the trailer. In the Game, I think he is gunna wake up with the old Mark VI armor and get badly injured and he finds the new armor like in the middle of the first or even second mission, or maybe in the opening cut scene. Remember this is just speculation.

PS. I also don’t know if 343 said that he actually does wake up with the armor.

He doesnt wake up with it. They did that just to show off the armor

> I’m a bit tired of alot of people complaining that chief didn’t have the new armor he has now at the end of halo 3. I don’t believe the Chief woke up from cryo to have the new armor.
> It was probably just for the purpose of the trailer. In the Game, I think he is gunna wake up with the old Mark VI armor and get badly injured and he finds the new armor like in the middle of the first or even second mission, or maybe in the opening cut scene. Remember this is just speculation.
>
> PS. I also don’t know if 343 said that he actually does wake up with the armor.

Frank hinted that John could of woke up more then once :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not new armor, just different art style.

I agree. Its likely he woke up with the Mark VI armor, crash landed on the Shield World, and, following the arrival of the UNSC Infinity which is carrying Spartan-II’s, III’s, and IV’s, will most likely receive a new set of MJOLNIR Mark VII.

And before people start pointing out the scratch, yes, I know it looks like the one from Halo 3, but there is a difference, and one of the toys points to a clean version. The damage could be received sometime in the game. The scratch also has a different appearance. In Halo 3, the scratch looked more like a bunch of little dents. This one looks like a chunk of the armor was scrapped off.

eh doesnt really affect me

> It’s not new armor, just different art style.

You do remember that they said his armor also has a canonical reason for the change, right? Its not purely artistic.

> It’s not new armor, just different art style.

> > I’m a bit tired of alot of people complaining that chief didn’t have the new armor he has now at the end of halo 3. I don’t believe the Chief woke up from cryo to have the new armor.
> > It was probably just for the purpose of the trailer. In the Game, I think he is gunna wake up with the old Mark VI armor and get badly injured and he finds the new armor like in the middle of the first or even second mission, or maybe in the opening cut scene. Remember this is just speculation.
> >
> > PS. I also don’t know if 343 said that he actually does wake up with the armor.
>
> Frank hinted that John could of woke up more then once :stuck_out_tongue:

Like dreaming? Haloception.

> It’s not new armor, just different art style.

that would be the dumbest explanation 343 could use for changing the armor

> eh doesnt really affect me

> > > I’m a bit tired of alot of people complaining that chief didn’t have the new armor he has now at the end of halo 3. I don’t believe the Chief woke up from cryo to have the new armor.
> > > It was probably just for the purpose of the trailer. In the Game, I think he is gunna wake up with the old Mark VI armor and get badly injured and he finds the new armor like in the middle of the first or even second mission, or maybe in the opening cut scene. Remember this is just speculation.
> > >
> > > PS. I also don’t know if 343 said that he actually does wake up with the armor.
> >
> > Frank hinted that John could of woke up more then once :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Like dreaming? Haloception.

I find it impossible for him to have woken up normally. In order for him to actually wake up, Cortana or someone else would have to wake him up. Shut off the tube, power it down, whatever, and then open it. Which I highly doubt they would wake him up, give him new armor, and then put him back on the same ship again.

343 have confirmed two things about the reveal trailer:

a) The events that take place are not canon, they are an artistic interpretation of an early sketch of an idea of what Halo 4 could have started as.

b) John’s armour will change from the Halo 3 iteration. Some aspects of this, such as the lack of a codpiece, will be explained in due course.

> I agree. Its likely he woke up with the Mark VI armor, crash landed on the Shield World, and, following the arrival of the UNSC Infinity which is carrying Spartan-II’s, III’s, and IV’s, will most likely receive a new set of MJOLNIR Mark VII.
>
> And before people start pointing out the scratch, yes, I know it looks like the one from Halo 3, but there is a difference, and one of the toys points to a clean version. The damage could be received sometime in the game. The scratch also has a different appearance. In Halo 3, the scratch looked more like a bunch of little dents. This one looks like a chunk of the armor was scrapped off.

Have you read “Primordium”? In the end a copy of 343 hacks into an ONI ship.I bet the ship that the 343 hacked into was the UNSC Infinity. So I can see Spartan IV’s in Halo 4. More or less since its an ONI ship, they are probably prepared for everything includingan extra Mark VII suit :wink:

I honestly believe that it’s Mark VI with some artistic changes and some canonical ones. Frankie said this isn’t the first time the Chief has been out of the tube. My theory is that, at the end of Halo 3 his armour had sustained a lot of exterior damage, more than what was shown in the game. At some point Cortana woke him up to repair the armour as best they could. This involved taking some pieces, reshaping them and moving them around.

Now to put my flame suit on.

> > I agree. Its likely he woke up with the Mark VI armor, crash landed on the Shield World, and, following the arrival of the UNSC Infinity which is carrying Spartan-II’s, III’s, and IV’s, will most likely receive a new set of MJOLNIR Mark VII.
> >
> > And before people start pointing out the scratch, yes, I know it looks like the one from Halo 3, but there is a difference, and one of the toys points to a clean version. The damage could be received sometime in the game. The scratch also has a different appearance. In Halo 3, the scratch looked more like a bunch of little dents. This one looks like a chunk of the armor was scrapped off.
>
> Have you read “Primordium”? In the end a copy of 343 hacks into an ONI ship.I bet the ship that the 343 hacked into was the UNSC Infinity. So I can see Spartan IV’s in Halo 4. More or less since its an ONI ship, they are probably prepared for everything includingan extra Mark VII suit :wink:

I have not, though I plan to. I have read up on it including the story. So I do know what happens, hence my assumptions.

> > It’s not new armor, just different art style.
>
> You do remember that they said his armor also has a canonical reason for the change, right? Its not purely artistic.

Really? Do you have a link for that? I’ve heard it dismissed several times as just being a new team, new artists etc. Most recently by Frankie in the Sparkast.

>Image showing the evolution of the armour from Halo 2-4<

To be fair, it’s not that big a change. I imagine the final model (or the one we see on Monday, nearly final) will be closer to the Halo 3 one, Frankie said in the Sparkast that an artist had both meshes up on a screen and he was surprised how similar they looked so it’s possible it’s been tweaked since E3.

I’m not bothered if they do make slight artistic changes though, this sort of thing happens all the time in TV, film and games. People always have a whine about it, but in the end it doesn’t really matter.

> > It’s not new armor, just different art style.
>
> You do remember that they said his armor also has a canonical reason for the change, right? Its not purely artistic.

They made it more “realistic” and functional, it’s still the same armor. They looked more closely at human movement and how such armor would hinder flexibility and such and made it more realistic and “canonical” in that sense.

> > > It’s not new armor, just different art style.
> >
> > You do remember that they said his armor also has a canonical reason for the change, right? Its not purely artistic.
>
> They made it more “realistic” and functional, it’s still the same armor. They looked more closely at human movement and how such armor would hinder flexibility and such and made it more realistic and “canonical” in that sense.

I like the new look, but I do wish they’d just call it the Mark-VII and be done with it. It makes no sense to keep outdated tech. While I do not deny the few similarities that I can see, I still think the design is quite different. Not to mention I wouldn’t call it realistic. I prefer the more futuristic approach this version has.

Dude, it’s a CGI trailer, don’t take every thing seen in it as something that’s going to happen in the game.