I do not want Cortana back.

Cortana’s sacrifice and death at the end of Halo 4 was one of the most emotional moments in the franchise, and I’m concerned with the amount of topics that want her back, or even think that Chief is figuring out a way to revive her.
I feel that Cortana returning in any traditional sense would irreparably cheapen her significance at the end of Halo 4.

Ahhh, Cortana fans inbound!

> 2535443592437895;1:
> I feel that Cortana returning in any traditional sense would irreparably cheapen her significance at the end of Halo 4.

When people think like this <

The entire saga is probably based around her return. Chief isn’t himself without her and therefore compromised.

> 2533274887613159;3:
> > 2535443592437895;1:
> > I feel that Cortana returning in any traditional sense would irreparably cheapen her significance at the end of Halo 4.
>
>
>
> When people think like this <
>
> The entire saga is probably based around her return. Chief isn’t himself without her and therefore compromised.

Exactly. That is the point. We have never seen a vulnerable side of Chief.

Personally, for me, the most powerful moment of Halo 4 was a single word, when Chief begged Cortana.

“Wait.”
The whisper of desperation in his voice, that we have never heard before.

There was never a situation that they didn’t work out and get out of together. That’s why I am very much looking forward to Halo 5. Seeing what has happened to him, and how he will heal. I doubt it will be the normal stages of dealing with personal loss, because obviously, the Chief is not a normal human being.

> 2533274887613159;3:
> > 2535443592437895;1:
> > I feel that Cortana returning in any traditional sense would irreparably cheapen her significance at the end of Halo 4.
>
>
>
> The entire saga is probably based around her return. Chief isn’t himself without her and therefore compromised.

LOL what? I’m sorry but a single AI from a Tier 3 level military really shouldn’t be the basis for a saga about Military conspiracies, Ancient tier 1 civilizations (Forerunners), human rebellion, the covenant remnant, Arbiters forces, etc.

> 2535443592437895;1:
> Cortana’s sacrifice and death at the end of Halo 4 was one of the most emotional moments in the franchise, and I’m concerned with the amount of topics that want her back, or even think that Chief is figuring out a way to revive her.
> I feel that Cortana returning in any traditional sense would irreparably cheapen her significance at the end of Halo 4.

Disagree that that moment was the most emotional moment of the franchise.

Agree that her returning would irreparably cheapen what little substance Halo 4 had.

Disagree that Chief isn’t trying to revive her.

Agree with the hopeful sentiment that he isn’t.

Disagree that, if she were to return, however, she’d do it in any “traditional sense.”

I think Chief will absolutely go looking for her/a way to revive her, doesn’t mean that he will succeed in doing so.

> 2533274882999606;5:
> > 2533274887613159;3:
> > > 2535443592437895;1:
> > > I feel that Cortana returning in any traditional sense would irreparably cheapen her significance at the end of Halo 4.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > When people think like this <
> >
> > The entire saga is probably based around her return. Chief isn’t himself without her and therefore compromised.
>
>
>
>
> LOL what? I’m sorry but a single AI from a Tier 3 level military really shouldn’t be the basis for a saga about Military conspiracies, Ancient tier 1 civilizations (Forerunners), human rebellion, the covenant remnant, Arbiters forces, etc.

No need to be sorry. 343 Guilty Spark would never expect us simple humans to understand a 100 000 year old plan or how AI’s simply aren’t bound by the rules of the flesh.

BUT;

Some of us believe that when a Tier 1 civilisation creates multiple systems designed to create an off-shoot AI and an off-shoot organic being intended to combine and repel a larger galactic threat, well, neither of their time is done when all we’ve experienced was their “Hero’s Trial” and not their fully intended purpose for being.

The Librarian intended for John and Cortana to match up for a 100 000 year plan and the Didact considers Cortana as “evolved.” Cortana, based on the smartest person known to humanity and enhanced by the subliminal genetic code of a Forerunner, more than likely has greater endeavors than being a sidekick hacker…

AND;

Sci-Fi is not about plot devices used, sci-fi is about humanity. Halo4 was more sci-fi than any previous Halo story told. Very few recognise the intent of the Chief being the organic machine that magically stands when ordered to… And that the artificial ghost in the machine based on an alien’s grand design was so… Human :slight_smile:
The composer “ripping” the souls from living beings. Inserting them into twisted “demons”…

What is it to be alive??? The Chief lived for 45 years but never truly lived. Cortana lived for 8 years but experienced a civilisation of life… And now the real story starts.

> 2533274882999606;5:
> > 2533274887613159;3:
> > > 2535443592437895;1:
> > > I feel that Cortana returning in any traditional sense would irreparably cheapen her significance at the end of Halo 4.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > When people think like this <
> >
> > The entire saga is probably based around her return. Chief isn’t himself without her and therefore compromised.
>
>
>
>
> LOL what? I’m sorry but a single AI from a Tier 3 level military really shouldn’t be the basis for a saga about Military conspiracies, Ancient tier 1 civilizations (Forerunners), human rebellion, the covenant remnant, Arbiters forces, etc.

Unless that A.I is an incarnation of one of the leaders of said ancient Tier 1 civilization, whose overarching goal is to prepare mankind to confront a tier 0 civilization and grant immortality to her and her former husband, and outlive the universe itself. Cortana, or at least a version of her will survive trillions of years. She’s not just an A.I, and he’s not just a soldier, they are gods.

I could see it going like this John is trying to find a way to bring her back. Locke is hunting John. End of story John goes to bring her back but Locke is in trouble John ends pirsute of her to save Locke. Something along that line

> 2533274844198618;10:
> I could see it going like this John is trying to find a way to bring her back. Locke is hunting John. End of story John goes to bring her back but Locke is in trouble John ends pirsute of her to save Locke. Something along that line

Think I saw that same plot on episode of Sesame Street. xD

> 2533274887613159;3:
> > 2535443592437895;1:
>
>
>

He knew her for under a year…

> 2535443592437895;1:
> Cortana’s sacrifice and death at the end of Halo 4 was one of the most emotional moments in the franchise, and I’m concerned with the amount of topics that want her back, or even think that Chief is figuring out a way to revive her.

With all the forerunner knowledge that Cortana has absorbed, it would be irresponsible to not try to revive her. To say that if humans are to take on the mantle, knowing what the forerunners knew would be beneficial is a major understatement.

> 2535421619942348;11:
> > 2533274844198618;10:
> > I could see it going like this John is trying to find a way to bring her back. Locke is hunting John. End of story John goes to bring her back but Locke is in trouble John ends pirsute of her to save Locke. Something along that line
>
>
> Think I saw that same plot on episode of Sesame Street. xD

Ai go rampent after 4 years. If im correct she was in service a year before given to John. John knew her for eleven years which is a little bit before the events of reach then everything that follows. There is a lot of back story on this and the fall of reach book is when john gets her.

> 2533274844198618;14:
> > 2535421619942348;11:
> > > 2533274844198618;10:
> > > I could see it going like this John is trying to find a way to bring her back. Locke is hunting John. End of story John goes to bring her back but Locke is in trouble John ends pirsute of her to save Locke. Something along that line
> >
> >
> >
> > Think I saw that same plot on episode of Sesame Street. xD
>
>
> Ai go rampent after 4 years. If im correct she was in service a year before given to John. John knew her for eleven years which is a little bit before the events of reach then everything that follows. There is a lot of back story on this and the fall of reach book is when john gets her.

I need to fix that I meant to say 8 years they go rampent

> 2533274844198618;14:
> > 2535421619942348;11:
> > > 2533274844198618;10:
> > > I could see it going like this John is trying to find a way to bring her back. Locke is hunting John. End of story John goes to bring her back but Locke is in trouble John ends pirsute of her to save Locke. Something along that line
> >
> >
> >
> > Think I saw that same plot on episode of Sesame Street. xD
>
>
> Ai go rampent after 4 years. If im correct she was in service a year before given to John. John knew her for eleven years which is a little bit before the events of reach then everything that follows. There is a lot of back story on this and the fall of reach book is when john gets her.

No, my point is that Locke is trying to hunt John, but John stops trying to achieve his ultimate goal to save the guy who’s hunting him. I just don’t get that.

Her death would’ve been pointless if she comes back. Her death brought out the humanity in Chief. It was HUGE for Chief to find his humanity. Her to return would ruin it for me.