I do not understand

Halo can only be called Halo if it actually has something to do with a Halo. What the hell is Halo 4 going to be about?

I mean, it’s a rhetorical question, because I don’t expect anyone to know, but. Doesn’t this make you wonder how Halo 4 will make sense? The Ark was destroyed, & the Ark builds Halos. Unless John is going to one of the other untouched Halos.
Who knows? I just hope this new chapter doesn’t conflict any older Halo games.

I think many of us have thought about this topic.

It doesn’t really matter, but it would be nice for Halo to still have something to do with the word halo. Maybe the word will find a new meaning with this new trilogy, or maybe the story will end with one BIG halo.

> Halo can only be called Halo if it actually has something to do with a Halo. What the hell is Halo 4 going to be about?
>
> I mean, it’s a rhetorical question, because I don’t expect anyone to know, but. Doesn’t this make you wonder how Halo 4 will make sense? The Ark was destroyed, & the Ark builds Halos. Unless John is going to one of the other untouched Halos.
> Who knows? I just hope this new chapter doesn’t conflict any older Halo games.

Then how did Halo 3: ODST make sense? It didn’t have anything to do with “Halo”. So in truth it doesn’t matter cause it is all about story.

It has the subtitle the reclaimer trilogy so it’s all K.

Reach

> Reach

Reach is a prequel and the Halo is located in the very end. Installation 04.

I really hope for Halo 4 that we go to the other untouched Halos.

There are still other Halos out there. Not all of them are destroyed. Also, the entire plot is base around the Halos. The Halos killed the Forerunners, and are one of the reasons the covenant believe in this weird religion of theirs, which is ultimately the reason why they attacked the Humans. The flood are the main enemy in Halo, in all the games set after Reach, and the Halos are designed to starve the flood to death.
So the name Halo fits, bu I probably would’ve preferred another name, like “Sacred Icon” or maybe “Colony” or something like that.

> Halo can only be called Halo if it actually has something to do with a Halo. What the hell is Halo 4 going to be about?
>
> I mean, it’s a rhetorical question, because I don’t expect anyone to know, but. Doesn’t this make you wonder how Halo 4 will make sense? The Ark was destroyed, & the Ark builds Halos. Unless John is going to one of the other untouched Halos.
> Who knows? I just hope this new chapter doesn’t conflict any older Halo games.

To answer your question to the best of my abilities, Halo 4 will revolve around the forerunners who created the Halo rings(343i Has gone so far as to call this the “Forerunner saga”). How and why will likely be a hot topic throughout the game with many moments that will leave you thinking “oh wow, I thought it was for something totally different” and “Wow, that is really… confusing…”

That is all based on what I know and comprised into my best guess

A Halo game can be a “Halo” game without any actual Halo installations in it.

A Halo game can be a “Halo” game without what some might argue “is” “Halo”.

Halo is the name of the Franchise.

In the course of the evolution of the franchise the name “Halo” has sparated from the ring constructs. The term “Halo” isn’t only associated with the installations, it applies to the series as a whole. Thereby, a game that has no ring world installation is still a Halo game.

Looking at this from the marketing perspective, “Halo” is only the name of the brand. Halo is a trademark. Any medium that has events which take place in the Halo universe can thereby be called “Halo”.

By these observations, we ca safely say that “Halo” is only the name of the entitity, the universe and everything related to it.

We are Halo fans, this doesn’t mean we are fans of the ring shaped super weapons, it means we are fans of the frnachise. There is a site called Halopedia, this site doesn’t only tell about the ring shaped structures, it tells about everything related to the frnachise.

Thereby no Halo game has to have that particular ring shaped installation to be eligible for the name trademark “Halo”, it just has to take place in the Halo universe.

Over the course of time a name comes to signify everything about a franchise. Similar to the Metal Gear Solid franchise. From what I recall, there isn’t a Metal Gear in every game is there?