I defended Halo 4...

Until I realized it is possibly the worst game i have ever played in my life. Apart from the campaign that is, which was amazing. The multiplayer is flawed in every single way.

  1. Unbalanced weapons-The DMR overpowers all, the plasma pistol paired with 2 plasmas destroy any vehicle in the game, bolt shot is a loadout shotgun. AR’s suck. Carbine sucks. All you will see in the game are DMRs.
  2. Kills are too fast, too easy to get a kill-wayyy too easy and fast to kill in this game. Halo used to be about slow, surgical kills. Not call of duty speed kills.
  3. Vehicles are useless-title says it all, vehicles suck due to you having a vehicle destroying weapon/s in your loadout. Last time I checked, vehicles destroy infantry, and warthogs are a death trap now.
  4. Armor abilities-does not work in halo. Period. Halo 3 had it right with pickup things, such as bubble shield and regen field, oh and emp. Only thing you should get active camo from is ordnance drop or something on the map. Might as well have an overshield armor ability if you have active camo.
    5.Maps suck-the only good map is ragnarok, and 343 didnt even make it. Linear maps with only one way to approach, with one side more powerful placement, ie. exile scorpion
  5. Loadouts-Halo was not made to suit loadouts. Shouldnt spawn with certain weapons. Perks do not work with halo. In halo, you are supposed to spawn on equal footing, ie. Assault rifle, magnum, regular shields.

Its sad because I know that 343i will never fix halo, because if they did, it would make it into actual halo. They wanted to give it their own mark. Well congrats 343, you did. You killed Halo.

  1. True, what did you expect when they make the game for casuals?
  2. Kills with standard weapons are slower than other games, kills with any of the other 13/26 weapons with the possibility of one shotting, yes too fast. The problem however is not their power but their abundance in the games. They are everywhere.
  3. Yep, even worse than reach.
  4. True, but keeps the casuals happy. They’d never get to use them if the game was balanced towards people with skill.(Damn wrong, in h3 you still got them as a noob…)
  5. Agreed. Terrible maps. Everything is 6vs6 or bigger oriented, yet the game can barely run 4vs4s in 2-player split-screen cause the maps are full of -Yoink-. That being rocks, trees. Some maps are near impossible to use a vehicle on thanks to there being a rock every 5m.
  6. Shhh… You. Wont. Ever. Please. Casuals. Otherwise. PERIOD.

OP I admire your truthfulness.

Look on the bright side, when something is this bad it can only go one way!

Here’s to an ever improving game for 2013, may it one day be known as the greatest halo ever… one day.

Destiny Awaits

> OP I admire your truthfulness.
>
> Look on the bright side, when something is this bad it can only go one way!
>
> Here’s to an ever improving game for 2013, may it one day be known as the greatest halo ever… one day.

No chance. They won’t even support it long since they are already working on the 720.

> Destiny Awaits

This. I defended 343 as well so I can agree with your frustration. I’m still in disbelief that these people call themselves fans.

Every day when I got home from School I always used to pop in Halo 3 and play Multiplayer/Customs with some buddies. This happened with Reach but not as much as I’d have liked because…well, it was Reach. But in this game I don’t even want to do anything.

I’ve got it in my console right now and all I’m doing is sitting in a Custom Game lobby alone. None of my friends want to play it because they think it’s awful. I’ve completed the campaign multiple times so right now that’s the last thing I want to do, Spartan Ops is lackluster and probably the worst for me, I can’t make a machinima without cringing.

That stupid weapon lowering thing has really killed it for me in just about every aspect.

It seems as if 343 turned into RvB’s Project Freelancer where they were just torturing the crap out of Halo until it fragmented into something awful.

I’m just about done with the game to be honest, the only reason I stick around here is because I like to see what people say about the game, good or bad. Mostly bad…and the worst thing is 343 haven’t even gotten the memo yet. Maybe if they spent some time on their own Forums instead of Twitter and NeoGaf we’d get some answers.

After Reach I honestly didn’t think it could get any worse, but 343 topped it. They topped it by miles. So thanks 343, while you haven’t killed Halo for everyone, you’ve sure as hell killed it for me.

If they make vehicles too strong then it will easy for the team with the vehicle to win. I think the current system is fine. The only very weak vehicle is the warthog gunner. They should make that vehicle stronger cause even the ghost can get more kills than that vehicle. But overall, usually vehicles that get destroyed are driven by bad players who aren’t careful.

Interesting post from OP, but why trash the Boltshot when you seem to favor it so much? It’s your most used secondary in Slayer and in Regicide it’s your MOST used weapon, period.

Not saying I never use it because I do on occasion, but how can you complain so much about the changes in the game when you utilize one of the biggest if not the biggest controversial weapon?

> <mark>If they make vehicles too strong then it will easy for the team with the vehicle to win.</mark> I think the current system is fine. The only very weak vehicle is the warthog gunner. They should make that vehicle stronger cause even the ghost can get more kills than that vehicle. But overall, usually vehicles that get destroyed are driven by bad players who aren’t careful.

That is why your team uses Plasma Grenades, Plasma Pistols and the occasional Spartan Laser. If your team has a brain in their heads it’s really easy to combat a vehicle.

Having bad teammates is no excuse to turn every vehicle into -Yoinking!- paper.

> <mark>Interesting post from OP, but why trash the Boltshot when you seem to favor it so much? It’s you most used secondary in Slayer and in Regicide it’s your MOST used weapon, period.</mark>
>
> Not saying I never use it because I do on occasion, but how can you complain so much about the changes in the game when you utilize one of the biggest if not the biggest controversial weapon?

Probably the same reason other people have it as their most used. It’s easy to use and gets you kills. However, that doesn’t mean the user actually likes it or agrees with the BS kills.

> Destiny Awaits

Halo has always been my reference game, but seeing as the warthog has been *****, my only hope is Bungie.
Destiny Awaits, then.

The only vehicles that stand a chance in H4 are the Gauss Hog and the Scorpion, but then they’re insanely overpowered…

Wheres the balance in this game??

> 1. True, what did you expect when they make the game for casuals?
> 2. Kills with standard weapons are slower than other games, kills with any of the other 13/26 weapons with the possibility of one shotting, yes too fast. The problem however is not their power but their abundance in the games. They are everywhere.
> 3. Yep, even worse than reach.
> 4. True, but keeps the casuals happy. They’d never get to use them if the game was balanced towards people with skill.(Damn wrong, in h3 you still got them as a noob…)
> 5. Agreed. Terrible maps. Everything is 6vs6 or bigger oriented, yet the game can barely run 4vs4s in 2-player split-screen cause the maps are full of Yoink!. That being rocks, trees. Some maps are near impossible to use a vehicle on thanks to there being a rock every 5m.
> 6. Shhh… You. Wont. Ever. Please. Casuals. Otherwise. PERIOD.

I’m a casual player, and you’re talking about casual players as if it’s a disease.

> Until I realized it is possibly the worst game i have ever played in my life. Apart from the campaign that is, which was amazing. The multiplayer is flawed in every single way.
>
> 1. Unbalanced weapons-The DMR overpowers all, the plasma pistol paired with 2 plasmas destroy any vehicle in the game, bolt shot is a loadout shotgun. AR’s suck. Carbine sucks. All you will see in the game are DMRs.
> 2. Kills are too fast, too easy to get a kill-wayyy too easy and fast to kill in this game. Halo used to be about slow, surgical kills. Not call of duty speed kills.
> 3. Vehicles are useless-title says it all, vehicles suck due to you having a vehicle destroying weapon/s in your loadout. Last time I checked, vehicles destroy infantry, and warthogs are a death trap now.
> 4. Armor abilities-does not work in halo. Period. Halo 3 had it right with pickup things, such as bubble shield and regen field, oh and emp. Only thing you should get active camo from is ordnance drop or something on the map. Might as well have an overshield armor ability if you have active camo.
> 5.Maps suck-the only good map is ragnarok, and 343 didnt even make it. Linear maps with only one way to approach, with one side more powerful placement, ie. exile scorpion
> 6. Loadouts-Halo was not made to suit loadouts. Shouldnt spawn with certain weapons. Perks do not work with halo. In halo, you are supposed to spawn on equal footing, ie. Assault rifle, magnum, regular shields.
>
> Its sad because I know that 343i will never fix halo, because if they did, it would make it into actual halo. They wanted to give it their own mark. Well congrats 343, you did. You killed Halo.

I disagree completely. First of all campaign isn’t that good, but mutltiplayer is the best of all Halos, and one of the bests when comes to multiplayer fps.

  1. Still Halo 4 has most balanced weapons of all Halos. DMR and Boltshot are overpowered and should’ve been fixed in the first place, but they’re not even close to BR from Halo 2 or Magnum from Halo CE.
  2. Gameplay generally feels faster, but kills? You compare it to Halo 3 or 2 where you die after 4 shots from default weapon (BR) or Halo CE where standard pistol kills in 3 shots?
  3. I actually like vehicles like they’re right now, because they’er not holy cows any more. Anyone who wants to use it, must know what he’s doing because otherwise, he dies fast. That’s how it should be. Like when you pick up Sniper Rifle, but aren’t good enough with aiming or trying to use Shotgun on open spaces.
  4. Why not? At least they’re better balanced right now, than they are in Reach. From your point of view proper Halo is fps from end of 1990’s, but slower and with regenerating shield/health. Why not to go above that?
  5. Nah. Except for Complex or Crimson maps, they’re pretty good. And Ragnarok is imo the worst of default BTB maps. Didn’t liked it in Halo 3 anyway.
  6. Same as point 4.

Halo 4 still need some fixing, but at it’s core it’s very fine. Halo 3 is still playable online, as well as Anniversary. Go play it before it’s population goes to 0.

I completely agree with the OP. Every thing is exactly how I see it.

If the gameplay was the same it would be boring, this isn’t the Halo you used the love, this is the Halo you are going to love for the next 10 years.

I love how every one’s complaining about this being like CoD when it’s nothing like it, Wooooooh, faster pace, Halo was always a bit like Unreal Tournament and it still is (thanks)

Also CoD has never changed so shut up.

> > <mark>If they make vehicles too strong then it will easy for the team with the vehicle to win.</mark> I think the current system is fine. The only very weak vehicle is the warthog gunner. They should make that vehicle stronger cause even the ghost can get more kills than that vehicle. But overall, usually vehicles that get destroyed are driven by bad players who aren’t careful.
>
> That is why your team uses Plasma Grenades, Plasma Pistols and the occasional Spartan Laser. If your team has a brain in their heads it’s really easy to combat a vehicle.
>
> Having bad teammates is no excuse to turn every vehicle into -Yoinking!- paper.

Yeah, obviously the team uses plasma grenades and lasers, cause that’s the only way you can destroy any vehicle quickly. Its not like vehicles get destroyed by DMR’s. Complaining that vehicles are too weak is silly cause its too huge of an advantage to have very strong vehicles. As I said before, the only weak vehicle is the Warthog Gunner. I don’t want them to make the Scrorpion or the Wraith stronger.

> If the gameplay was the same it would be boring, this isn’t the Halo you used the love, this is the Halo you are going to love for the next 10 years.
>
> I love how every one’s complaining about this being like CoD when it’s nothing like it, Wooooooh, faster pace, Halo was always a bit like Unreal Tournament and it still is (thanks)
>
> Also CoD has never changed so shut up.

They complain that they don’t want it to be like CoD in all these minor ways, yet they want it to be just like CoD in the one big way that would really “kill” the franchise. Figures.

> > > <mark>If they make vehicles too strong then it will easy for the team with the vehicle to win.</mark> I think the current system is fine. The only very weak vehicle is the warthog gunner. They should make that vehicle stronger cause even the ghost can get more kills than that vehicle. But overall, usually vehicles that get destroyed are driven by bad players who aren’t careful.
> >
> > That is why your team uses Plasma Grenades, Plasma Pistols and the occasional Spartan Laser. If your team has a brain in their heads it’s really easy to combat a vehicle.
> >
> > Having bad teammates is no excuse to turn every vehicle into -Yoinking!- paper.
>
> Yeah, obviously the team uses plasma grenades and lasers, cause that’s the only way you can destroy any vehicle quickly. Its not like vehicles get destroyed by DMR’s. Complaining that vehicles are too weak is silly cause its too huge of an advantage to have very strong vehicles. As I said before, the only weak vehicle is the Warthog Gunner. <mark>I don’t want them to make the Scrorpion or the Wraith stronger.</mark>

Good god no. I honestly think those two are fine. But Warthogs are ridiculously weak compared to spawn weapons.

> Yeah, obviously the team uses plasma grenades and lasers, cause that’s the only way you can destroy any vehicle quickly. Its not like vehicles get destroyed by DMR’s. Complaining that vehicles are too weak is silly cause its too huge of an advantage to have very strong vehicles. As I said before, the only weak vehicle is the Warthog Gunner. I don’t want them to make the Scrorpion or the Wraith stronger.

HAHA OMG I hope you’re joking…

…you’re joking right?

> > Yeah, obviously the team uses plasma grenades and lasers, cause that’s the only way you can destroy any vehicle quickly. Its not like vehicles get destroyed by DMR’s. Complaining that vehicles are too weak is silly cause its too huge of an advantage to have very strong vehicles. As I said before, the only weak vehicle is the Warthog Gunner. I don’t want them to make the Scrorpion or the Wraith stronger.
>
> HAHA OMG I hope you’re joking…
>
>
>
> …you’re joking right?

I saw that to but just let it go because hes so obviously mistaken.