I completed the plasma pistol commendation !

Maybe I’m sick in the head, but I actually enjoyed doing it. I enjoyed it because of the challenge, DMR,BS loadout is no challenge. Doing enough damage to know when you can kill your opponent with the PP before it overcharges is extremely rewarding. I also completed pulse grenades a while ago so I got the two hard weapon comm. completed. Also,it would be nice if they added an automatic weapon only playlist so it will be a little easier/quicker to get those comm. completed.

Legend :o

What did you do it in out of curiosity?

Good for you, I only have like, 3 or 4 kills with the damn thing.

Tryhard!

Kidding. Nicely done! :slight_smile:

You finished the Plasma Pistol but you want an Automatics-only playlist so that’s easier?

Fascinating. Makes me wonder whether you boosted it or not, since you didn’t clarify how you did it.

If you did in fact do it --legitimately-- then congratulations.

Totally legit, I did it all in Regicide. I don’t have a clue how many games it took, obviously a lot. Didn’t boost at all but obviously when you play that many games you’re going to run into the occasional AFK and absolute newb.

> You finished the Plasma Pistol but you want an Automatics-only playlist so that’s easier?
>
> Fascinating. Makes me wonder whether you boosted it or not, since you didn’t clarify how you did it.
>
> If you did in fact do it --legitimately-- then congratulations.

If you think there are shenanigans, you can always check the game history. But if you get a full party together and all agree to ONLY use plasma pistols that’s not boosting, its just grinding a commendation in full party. There been bunches of posts about that on other websites, with people looking to get their various loadout masteries and eventually weapon mastery completed.

“Totally legit, I did it all in Regicide. I don’t have a clue how many games it took, obviously a lot. Didn’t boost at all but obviously when you play that many games you’re going to run into the occasional AFK and absolute newb”.

AFK people you find randomly are just free kills and it’s up to you to use them well.

Congratulations on the Commendation : )

“If you think there are shenanigans, you can always check the game history. But if you get a full party together and all agree to ONLY use plasma pistols that’s not boosting, its just grinding a commendation in full party”.

Wouldn’t consider it to be, I’d happily do the same thing. It might actually be a fun way to change the game up.

> Tryhard!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Kidding. Nicely done! :slight_smile:

As an Asian, all I can say is…

OP, I commend you on taking the time to do it, but…

Still doesn’t beat Diamond Camo on Black Ops 2. Sorry.

Get 50 kills with no attachments
Get 50 kills with no perks
Get 5 multikills
Get 10 scorestreaks
Get 10 longshots
Get 100 headshots

Was this what was required for Diamond? Do this for every weapon in a category? That’s pretty easy…

This gun will probably be the last gun I try to get the commendation for, but for future reference did you find it more useful to overcharge their shield with one charged shot and then spam the rest or to just spam the trigger the whole time to get more shots in?

> > Tryhard!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Kidding. Nicely done! :slight_smile:
>
> As an Asian, all I can say is…
>
> OP, I commend you on taking the time to do it, but…
>
> Still doesn’t beat Diamond Camo on Black Ops 2. Sorry.

D*mn

Cool

I really don’t see the issue about the Pulse Grenades. I use them all the time. There’s a time and place for them. Typically, not BTB though.

I’ve noticed the Plasma Pistol is actually pretty decent (not by any means GOOD, but decent) at close range. You can actually get a kill within a “clip” of it.

So, what´s your K/D now? :3

(can´t see it, got no new browser update)

Here are some tips on how I completed it

1. When you pop your opponents shield shoot them a little bit more in the body so you don’t have to go through an overcharge when you switch and zap them with the PP.
  2. I used Jet Pack,Mobility, and Ammo so I can get to opponents quicker and have 150% battery for my Storm Rifle and Plasma Pistol. Jet Pack to maneuver around them while I’m zapping at them and their shooting back at me.
  3. I used the Storm Rifle cause it drains enemies shields fast, you can use whatever you’re most comfortable with.
  4. In Regicide, sprint towards two enemies fighting each other and start zapping the one who won the battle cause he’s mostly likely very weak. You might want to shoot them in the body/legs a little to make sure you can kill them before the overcharge.
  5. My K/D was real bad the first dozen games I played because I was only trying to kill with the PP. There’s going to be several battles a game where you’re just not gonna be able to win using the PP so just kill with your primary or melee.

I like those hints. It sounds like what your saying is the best strategy is to work on the storm rifle and PP commendations together. Start killing with the storm rifle. If you know you can easily switch to your PP and still get the kill then do so, but if you know you’ll lose the fight by doing that stick with the storm rifle.

I like the tips too. Another idea is waiting for any Damage Boost in any Personal Ordnance game type. But I guess I will ruin my K/D whenever I´m going for it :confused: (I will, because it´s over 2 at the moment, and don´t think I can keep that with the PP)

One more strategy I forget to mention is the plasma charge, 2 body or leg shots then switch back to the PP and zap away.