I can't watch Halo terminal videos or Nightfall

Sorry for my grammar, english is not my native language :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi all,

So, when I started playing Halo CE, i found a couple of terminals, but when i activated them, the game sends me to Halo Channel and nothing happens… after that I return to the game automatically. I have a similar issue with Halo Nightfall, when i press “start” for watching the episode, the episode starts, but after 4 seconds it stops and another random video starts autonatically.

I already tried to reinstall Halo Channel, but the problem persists. Any suggestion? I just want to see those videos T.T

> 2533274803909678;1:
> Sorry for my grammar, english is not my native language :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Hi all,
>
> So, when I started playing Halo CE, i found a couple of terminals, but when i activated them, the game sends me to Halo Channel and nothing happens… after that I return to the game automatically. I have a similar issue with Halo Nightfall, when i press “start” for watching the episode, the episode starts, but after 4 seconds it stops and another random video starts autonatically.
>
> I already tried to reinstall Halo Channel, but the problem persists. Any suggestion? I just want to see those videos T.T

Same here. Mostly for halo 2 terminals. I get the achievement but when the channel opens the video doesn’t play or even unlock and it sips me back to game. The app is really broken.

Same issue here, it says ineed to buy halo which i have

> 2533274809360081;3:
> Same issue here, it says ineed to buy halo which i have

For the issue where it says you have to buy Halo, I found that un-installing the Halo Channel app and installing it via the code that came with the actual game fixed the Nightfall issue.

These suggestions were posted several days ago, but may have been missed due to traffic. Please let me know if they resolve the issue:

  1. Quit the Halo Channel app (go to dashboard > find Halo Channel tile > press Menu button > press Quit)
  2. If you purchased a physical copy of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, please ensure that you’re signed in as the user who redeemed the Halo Nightfall 25 character code. If you purchased the game digitally, please ensure you’re signed in with the account the game was purchased with.
  3. Please ensure that there are no guests signed in. There’s a currently a bug that doesn’t allow viewers to watch Halo Nightfall if a guest is signed in. We are currently working to resolve this bug.
  4. Finally, if you have a capture card plugged into your Xbox One, you will not be able to watch Halo Nightfall for DRM reasons.
  5. Launch Halo Channel and the issue should be resolved…

I was on the phone with Microsoft customer service for over an hour total today, (and kudos to those guys at MS support) and we tried several different steps to resolve this bug.
We tried the hard reset, we tried the Uninstall and reinstall, we tried network checks, we tried everything outside of wiping the Xbone clean.

It seems to me that this issue is only going to be resolved by a Hard hitting merciless update. I could have waited another six months for this game provided that the matchmaking in HMCC and the companion app, the Halo channel, were both working properly before release.

Tried several fixes:

> 2533274799306350;5:
> These suggestions were posted several days ago, but may have been missed due to traffic. Please let me know if they resolve the issue:
>
> 1) Quit the Halo Channel app (go to dashboard > find Halo Channel tile > press Menu button > press Quit)
> 2) If you purchased a physical copy of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, please ensure that you’re signed in as the user who redeemed the Halo Nightfall 25 character code. If you purchased the game digitally, please ensure you’re signed in with the account the game was purchased with.
> 3) Please ensure that there are no guests signed in. There’s a currently a bug that doesn’t allow viewers to watch Halo Nightfall if a guest is signed in. We are currently working to resolve this bug.
> 4) Finally, if you have a capture card plugged into your Xbox One, you will not be able to watch Halo Nightfall for DRM reasons.
> 5) Launch Halo Channel and the issue should be resolved…

Hi!

I already tried without success (even reinstalling the app) :frowning:

In my case it doesn’t says that i have to buy it. The video just starts, and after 3 seconds it stops and start another random video (not Halo Nightfall video).

Generally when it starts a video, then launches another, that indicates that the target video failed to load, or may have timed out, at which point we advance to another video rather than leaving you stuck at a black screen.

Which video skips repeatedly for you?

After the terminals go to black screen, exit and try to play it again. That’s what usually worked for me. It doesn’t work for H4 since you can’t play them more than once per game for some reason.

THC is definitely messed up though. I try to watch a video and it opens up something completely different.

> 2533274799306350;9:
> Generally when it starts a video, then launches another, that indicates that the target video failed to load, or may have timed out, at which point we advance to another video rather than leaving you stuck at a black screen.
>
> Which video skips repeatedly for you?

It happens only with Halo Nightfall (with every episode). Sometimes i can’t even watch 1 second, and sometimes it stops at 3 seconds.

I can’t watch terminal videos also. Play them again after the black screen doesn’t work for me :frowning:

> 2533274799306350;5:
> These suggestions were posted several days ago, but may have been missed due to traffic. Please let me know if they resolve the issue:
>
> 1) Quit the Halo Channel app (go to dashboard > find Halo Channel tile > press Menu button > press Quit)
> 2) If you purchased a physical copy of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, please ensure that you’re signed in as the user who redeemed the Halo Nightfall 25 character code. If you purchased the game digitally, please ensure you’re signed in with the account the game was purchased with.
> 3) Please ensure that there are no guests signed in. There’s a currently a bug that doesn’t allow viewers to watch Halo Nightfall if a guest is signed in. We are currently working to resolve this bug.
> 4) Finally, if you have a capture card plugged into your Xbox One, you will not be able to watch Halo Nightfall for DRM reasons.
> 5) Launch Halo Channel and the issue should be resolved…

Unplugging capture card worked for me!

I don’t have any capture card. I already tried to reinstall the app. I have a physical copy and I already redeemed the Halo Nightfall code. There are no guests singed in, I’m only with my account… Other videos work perfectly, but Halo Nightfall and Halo MCC terminal videos doesn’t…

Nothing works for me :frowning:

> 2533274803909678;13:
> I don’t have any capture card. I already tried to reinstall the app. I have a physical copy and I already redeemed the Halo Nightfall code. There are no guests singed in, I’m only with my account… Other videos work perfectly, but Halo Nightfall and Halo MCC terminal videos doesn’t…
>
> Nothing works for me :frowning:

Same here. the only thing connected to my XBone besides the kinect is my Turtle beach headset. I’ve disconnected it, uninstall, reinstalled, unplugged waited, reinstalled again and I’m still in the same spot I was in on launch day. This has taken too long, and i’m really having doubts about halo 5. the way they rush these games out, I am thinking H5 is going too all kinds of suck for a year after release.

I am having the exact same problem, the funny thing is I can watch Nightfall and Terminal videos on the Halo Channel app in Windows 8.1, but I can’t on the Xbox, it just skips to another random video after a second or two.

I already found where the problem is. It will be hard to solve for some of you, since the problem comes from the ISP provider. In my case, I tried to connect my XboxOne in my father’s house (the ISP provider is different)… it worked perfectly the first time, Halo Nightfall and Halo MCC terminal videos.

Always happens to me when I try to watch ANY terminal videos from 4 am - 6 am. Other hen that there is usually no problem (aside from the odd hiccup.)

> 2533274803909678;1:
> Sorry for my grammar, english is not my native language :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Hi all,
>
> So, when I started playing Halo CE, i found a couple of terminals, but when i activated them, the game sends me to Halo Channel and nothing happens… after that I return to the game automatically. I have a similar issue with Halo Nightfall, when i press “start” for watching the episode, the episode starts, but after 4 seconds it stops and another random video starts autonatically.
>
> I already tried to reinstall Halo Channel, but the problem persists. Any suggestion? I just want to see those videos T.T

Hey Balansat;
Halo Channel is filled with bugs. You should post your issue on the Halo Channel Forum. It is so buggy. I have made a few posts about it… all we can do after that is wait and hope they fix it!

I had to watch all of the terminals on YouTube because they were not unlocking in my Halo Channel… super frustrating (it’s actually more frustrating that they were not just included in game AND on the Channel… that way when you watch them in game there would be no issue)

> 2533274798445563;18:
> > 2533274803909678;1:
> > Sorry for my grammar, english is not my native language :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > So, when I started playing Halo CE, i found a couple of terminals, but when i activated them, the game sends me to Halo Channel and nothing happens… after that I return to the game automatically. I have a similar issue with Halo Nightfall, when i press “start” for watching the episode, the episode starts, but after 4 seconds it stops and another random video starts autonatically.
> >
> > I already tried to reinstall Halo Channel, but the problem persists. Any suggestion? I just want to see those videos T.T
>
>
> Hey Balansat;
> Halo Channel is filled with bugs. You should post your issue on the Halo Channel Forum. It is so buggy. I have made a few posts about it… all we can do after that is wait and hope they fix it!
>
> I had to watch all of the terminals on YouTube because they were not unlocking in my Halo Channel… super frustrating (it’s actually more frustrating that they were not just included in game AND on the Channel… that way when you watch them in game there would be no issue)

But 20GB day one patch? (That was H4 and some other stuff)