I can't take it anymore

343 you’re plan to stop unfair match ups has completely failed now. My past games in super fiesta has completely created stress as seeing how I still get paired with randoms that are completely -Yoink- stupid and lower lvl. I’m a 150 yet i still magically get paired with what appears to be newcomers to the game or level 40s to 70s or stupid military clan kids. The people i go against is fine and decent but it doesn’t help that you can’t 100% fix unfair and stupid teammates. They still go extremely negative and they probably don’t even know what a nornfang is and they just run around in a circle shooting at the walls like “HEY LOOK AT ME I GOT THESE WEAPONS COME GET ME I’M A FREE KILL DUR HUR HUR HUR”. This is nothing but false promises that 343 does and its truely aggravating.

Level don’t determine skill. I am 142 and I have had my butt kicked by people who are level 40. It is the way all multiplayer games work unfortunately. You can’t eliminate it entirely.

Your SR level isn’t a reflection of skill. Also why take super fiesta so seriously? It’s supposed to be a fun social mode. If you want to treat it as a serious mode I recommend teaming up with players because relying on randoms will get you random results.

> 2535438440265765;1:
> 343 you’re plan to stop unfair match ups has completely failed now. My past games in super fiesta has completely created stress as seeing how I still get paired with randoms that are completely -Yoink- stupid and lower lvl. I’m a 150 yet i still magically get paired with what appears to be newcomers to the game or level 40s to 70s or stupid military clan kids. The people i go against is fine and decent but it doesn’t help that you can’t 100% fix unfair and stupid teammates. They still go extremely negative and they probably don’t even know what a nornfang is and they just run around in a circle shooting at the walls like “HEY LOOK AT ME I GOT THESE WEAPONS COME GET ME I’M A FREE KILL DUR HUR HUR HUR”. This is nothing but false promises that 343 does and its truely aggravating.

are you talking about fiesta only?
if yes…**LOL.**it’s ridiculous to make such a fuzz about a social playlist which i supposed to be total chaos.
don’t be such a tryhard, take a chill pill and enjoy some badass weapons.
if you allow yourself to get stressed in fiesta, fiesta’s the wrong playlist for ya.

You’re honestly ridiculous for getting frustrated over a social game mode. It’d be another story if this was the HCS playlist, but I guess I can’t have high expectations for this community.

> 2533274968707582;5:
> You’re honestly ridiculous for getting frustrated over a social game mode. It’d be another story if this was the HCS playlist, but I guess I can’t have high expectations for this community.

The thing is, it DOES happen in ranked playlists… and it happens a lot. Unreliable teammates are far too common. You might as well be playing these games 2v4 or 3v4 like 80% of the time…

The matching system doesn’t work… it at least isn’t satisfactory, and that’s all that matters.

I still think match quality from the 1-50 system, working your way from the bottom, was much better and yielded far more balanced and approachable MM. The current system has frustrated a LOT of newer/unskilled players, where they are frequently matched against players who are far better.

Halo is a hard enough game to wrap your head around and master… newcomers don’t need to be subjected to Onyx/Champion demolition parties. It’s important that they can learn among the lower ranks. Let the player earn their way up in the ranks… This data-driven system just isn’t cutting it, trying to compensate on skill matching… There is more to a player’s skill and decision-making than just “numbers.”

> 2533274816788253;3:
> Your SR level isn’t a reflection of skill. Also why take super fiesta so seriously? It’s supposed to be a fun social mode. If you want to treat it as a serious mode I recommend teaming up with players because relying on randoms will get you random results.

Its not fun when you’re randoms do nothing but go out there and die. No matter how casual I try to play it never works out 80% of the time

> 2535438440265765;7:
> > 2533274816788253;3:
> > Your SR level isn’t a reflection of skill. Also why take super fiesta so seriously? It’s supposed to be a fun social mode. If you want to treat it as a serious mode I recommend teaming up with players because relying on randoms will get you random results.
>
> Its not fun when you’re randoms do nothing but go out there and die. No matter how casual I try to play it never works out 80% of the time

That same thing you are describing can happen in Warzone too, which is also a social playlist.

Nothing is social in Halo 5!

> 2535438440265765;7:
> > 2533274816788253;3:
> > Your SR level isn’t a reflection of skill. Also why take super fiesta so seriously? It’s supposed to be a fun social mode. If you want to treat it as a serious mode I recommend teaming up with players because relying on randoms will get you random results.
>
> Its not fun when you’re randoms do nothing but go out there and die. No matter how casual I try to play it never works out 80% of the time

“No matter how casual I try to play it never works out 80% of the time”

that’s because in the grand scheme of things you can never dictate how other people play. 343 can implement all these ideas and setups, but in the end if someone wants to play insert way then they’re going to play that way. Ranks, no ranks, CSR, ELO, etc etc are just ways to try and limit it but you’re never going to stop it.

Some good comments here, and I can absolutely share in the frustration of match making (not to mention quitters in ranked play.) And while 343 has made efforts to improve it, I doubt it can get any better as a decreasing population has to make it worse.

That said, I think one has to limit their expectations when playing super fiesta. That game type is probably the most random and social game type in all of Halo 5. Play for yourself, play for kills, play for commendations…but don’t have any expectations for wins. That would be my advice anyway.

> 2535438440265765;1:
> 343 you’re plan to stop unfair match ups has completely failed now. My past games in super fiesta has completely created stress as seeing how I still get paired with randoms that are completely -Yoink- stupid and lower lvl. I’m a 150 yet i still magically get paired with what appears to be newcomers to the game or level 40s to 70s or stupid military clan kids. The people i go against is fine and decent but it doesn’t help that you can’t 100% fix unfair and stupid teammates. They still go extremely negative and they probably don’t even know what a nornfang is and they just run around in a circle shooting at the walls like “HEY LOOK AT ME I GOT THESE WEAPONS COME GET ME I’M A FREE KILL DUR HUR HUR HUR”. This is nothing but false promises that 343 does and its truely aggravating.

I’m having the same problem. It’s been working both ways in BTB, but what’s weird is I was solo queuing and was one a five game winning streak the other day and yet it kept putting me against low-skilled players and not other mid-skill players like me…
What I hate is noobs camping the sniper spawn or teamkilling you for the sniper then not even getting any kills with said sniper. Pisses me off beyond belief.

Why are you taking Super Fiesta seriously? I hope you aren’t one of those people that send hate messages when you lose. I had someone do that to me after a coincidentally Super Fiesta game and it was hilarious at how mad he was.

That’s how multiplayer games are man. Better to accept it and move on.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

To complain is useless, I have tried it, here (https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/absurd-obstinacy-against-some-players/30a69aa5-141f-47d0-aa35-04485a54a5ee/posts ) and I was attacked by a horde of noobs who are saying more or less the things they are just saying to you now. It’s useless to complain because noobs do not understand what you’re talking about, what you’re talking about is a mess of PRO players.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/absurd-obstinacy-against-some-players/30a69aa5-141f-47d0-aa35-04485a54a5ee/posts

P.S (Out topic): Your Halo players Buds in your biography is horrible :smiley: Most of them are horrible players

> 2533275031939856;13:
> That’s how multiplayer games are man. Better to accept it and move on.

Not every MP game has the part of having some players consistently lose because of some scaling system. Sure you would lose & win matches here and there, but losing too consistently over winning no matter how hard you play doesn’t fit… not even in Halo 5.

> 2533274921974430;14:
> To complain is useless, I have tried it, here (https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/absurd-obstinacy-against-some-players/30a69aa5-141f-47d0-aa35-04485a54a5ee/posts ) and I was attacked by a horde of noobs who are saying more or less the things they are just saying to you now. It’s useless to complain because noobs do not understand what you’re talking about, what you’re talking about is a mess of PRO players.

You claim that you’re a ‘pro’ player so what pro team are you on and what place did you get in the latest tourney? If you aren’t, then please stop claiming that you are. Hint: I already know that you aren’t.

Also seems like those ‘hordes of noobs’ have some common sense regarding your situation. The problem is you’re complaining about a game mode that is completely random for starters and then you basically go on about how none of your teammates can get kills even though you can. Well in case you didn’t notice, it’s a social game mode so the game isn’t going to give you teammates of similar skill every game otherwise it would just be nothing but blowout games. I think you should check out Josh Menke’s MM feedback threads so you can educate yourself about how the MM system works.

> 2533274873580796;6:
> > 2533274968707582;5:
> > You’re honestly ridiculous for getting frustrated over a social game mode. It’d be another story if this was the HCS playlist, but I guess I can’t have high expectations for this community.
>
> The thing is, it DOES happen in ranked playlists… and it happens a lot. Unreliable teammates are far too common. You might as well be playing these games 2v4 or 3v4 like 80% of the time…
>
> The matching system doesn’t work… it at least isn’t satisfactory, and that’s all that matters.
>
> I still think match quality from the 1-50 system, working your way from the bottom, was much better and yielded far more balanced and approachable MM. The current system has frustrated a LOT of newer/unskilled players, where they are frequently matched against players who are far better.
>
> Halo is a hard enough game to wrap your head around and master… newcomers don’t need to be subjected to Onyx/Champion demolition parties. It’s important that they can learn among the lower ranks. Let the player earn their way up in the ranks… This data-driven system just isn’t cutting it, trying to compensate on skill matching… There is more to a player’s skill and decision-making than just “numbers.”

You and I remember 1-50 very differently. I remember it being exactly like what we have now - one garbage mis-match after another. In Halo 3 a team could easily look like: 48, 47, 32, 15. And as long as the other team looked the same then matchmaking was satisfied that it had created a “balanced” match, no matter what the experience of the two 15s might end up being. And the Halo 3 b.net forums looked exactly like this one does now - thread after thread of people complaining about the failures of skill assessment and skill matching. Then as now, some of those threads were legitimate criticism, some were based on misunderstandings of how the system worked, and some were just ignorant rantings. Same as it ever was.

But if you want to talk about a data-driven skill assessment and matchmaking system then that would be Halo 4 - a system completely unlike the systems used by all other Halos, and a game which consistently gave me playable matches. Whether or not one cared for the gameplay was another story, but the only complaint anyone ever leveled at the game vis a vis ranking was that it was invisible. Poor, poor misunderstood Halo 4.

The thing is, you can try… but you cannot quantify a player’s skill… decisions in game, their aim (whether it’s on or off that day… whether they should or shouldn’t have won that last 1v1)… whether they did or didn’t decide to go on that game-deciding flank to get that timely Triple Kill to steal the victory out of the jaws of defeat…

And whether or not they can consistently make effective decisions through-out their matches as such, time and time again…

You CAN’T quantify stuff like that! I just feel that the repetitious winning outcomes of grinding your way up a 1-50 system, have a lot more weight than pure data… it’s based on consistency and outcomes, when you can no longer consistently win after climbing to your skill tier, you will plateau. You essentially determine how good you can and want to be, if that makes sense… and you’re always playing players that have had to achieve the same level of success that you had to.

Hard to explain, but I hope that makes sense… that’s just the way I see it.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. Do not make threatening posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2727626560040591;16:
> > 2533274921974430;14:
> > To complain is useless, I have tried it, here (https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/absurd-obstinacy-against-some-players/30a69aa5-141f-47d0-aa35-04485a54a5ee/posts ) and I was attacked by a horde of noobs who are saying more or less the things they are just saying to you now. It’s useless to complain because noobs do not understand what you’re talking about, what you’re talking about is a mess of PRO players.
>
> You claim that you’re a ‘pro’ player so what pro team are you on and what place did you get in the latest tourney? If you aren’t, then please stop claiming that you are. Hint: I already know that you aren’t.
>
> Also seems like those ‘hordes of noobs’ have some common sense regarding your situation. The problem is you’re complaining about a game mode that is completely random for starters and then you basically go on about how none of your teammates can get kills even though you can. Well in case you didn’t notice, it’s a social game mode so the game isn’t going to give you teammates of similar skill every game otherwise it would just be nothing but blowout games. I think you should check out Josh Menke’s MM feedback threads so you can educate yourself about how the MM system works.

Think a little bit, I’ve been champion several times and I’ve reached the onyx in almost all the playlists, and you do not. Think, I have an KDA that is almost double yours. Think, I have a percentage of wins far above yours. Think, I’m part of the third spartan company stronger in H5 (1st in btb) (reckless [first known as Devastated]). You should hope that I am a pro, because if I’m not, you’re not even a player.

Ah, I forgot, if my arguments seem subjective, just look at the ranking of the best players in the world:
I’m among the first 200 in WARZONE, you’re not even among the first 1000.
And we have the same rank, you can not even use the excuse I’ve been playing for more time. The cards sing, the words are zero. I did not even want to tell you the number of difference positions that are between me and you in the Arena, the difference is simply humiliating-

Me: http://halotracker.com/h5/player/el1t3k/warzone

You: http://halotracker.com/h5/player/lukepowa/warzone

And before talking, you begin to understand who you are facing, because the last one who spoke to a devastated in a way we did not like ended up with a KDA of -63.

http://halotracker.com/h5/games/el1t3k/01f89392-c8e3-423a-988e-012dc93fd6b8?page=0

watch your back.

> 2533274873580796;18:
> The thing is, you can try… but you cannot quantify a player’s skill… decisions in game, their aim (whether it’s on or off that day… whether they should or shouldn’t have won that last 1v1)… whether they did or didn’t decide to go on that decided flank to get that timely Triple Kill to steal the match out of the jaws of defeat…
>
> And whether or not they can consistently make effective decisions through-out their matches as such, time and time again…
>
> You CAN’T quantify stuff like that! I just feel that the repetitious winning outcomes of grinding your way up a 1-50 system, have a lot more weight than pure data… it’s based on consistency and outcomes, when you can no longer consistently win after climbing to your skill tier, you will plateau. You essentially determine how good you can and want to be, if that makes sense… and you’re always playing players that have had to achieve the same level of success that you had to.
>
> Hard to explain, but I hope that makes sense… that’s just the way I see it.

Makes perfect sense as usual.
It’s just that the algorithms for H5 do a very poor job of sorting individual skill when your rank is based on W/L’s.