I can't pin point what it is about halo 4

so i was playing some halo 4 multiplayer and got pretty annoyed and sick of it. i stopped playing it due to many reasons; i.e. camo as aa + camping + sniper/dmr(many other reasons not listed). i quickly switched to play some reach and had so much fun! like 5X better! though reach does not play exactly like previous halo’s, it still felt closer to halo than halo 4.

i’m not sure what it is, but just playing reach made me miss how ce, 2, and 3 was played. i can’t pin point what it is that makes them different from each other. but there’s something missing in halo 4 that doesn’t seem right.

for one thing: sprint has to go and camo as aa has to go, i’m not going to list all the things i don’t like about halo 4, but the game does have potential.

man i miss the way the previous halo games use to play. anybody have a clue what halo 4 is missing? i can’t figure what it is that it’s lacking.

edit: don’t get me wrong, halo 4 is fun, but it’s not the same. i just forgot how much fun past halo games were.

Bad storytelling? Overly restrictive content options for multiplayer and custom games? Take your pick.

can i have your stuff?

I think Halo 4 feels more like 1-3 then Reach ever could. Still has the pointless gimmicks though. But hey, at least it’s not Reach.

Maybe OP has high expectations of the gaming being exactly like Halo 2 or Halo 3 and thus after many years of playing countless FPS games, he has subconsciously killed the genre and enjoyment for himself?

no, i’m being serious. there’s something wrong with halo 4 that doesn’t feel like halo.
in past halo games, you always want to go faster but you don’t. you get the feeling of cringing your teeth when you’re on the verge to make it over the cliff. the feeling after you die and want to get back into the fight, but you have to wait.

i miss those feelings…

> I think Halo 4 feels more like 1-3 then Reach ever could. Still has the pointless gimmicks though. But hey, at least it’s not Reach.

Sadly this.

H4 is just too easy. It virtually plays itself if you have the ability to aim even the slightest bit well.

That’s great for people who aren’t gamers, but absurd for those of us who are.

> no, i’m being serious. there’s something wrong with halo 4 that doesn’t feel like halo.
> in past halo games, you always want to go faster but you don’t. you get the feeling of cringing your teeth when you’re on the verge to make it over the cliff. the feeling after you die and want to get back into the fight, but you have to wait.
>
> i miss those feelings…

don’t you guys get this feeling as well?

The feeling you’re getting or rather not getting is you have no time to think about the situation.

You die too quick to think about how best to deal with the encounter.

You don’t have a respawn time to think about what went wrong before you’re thrown back in.

> man i miss the way the previous halo games use to play. anybody have a clue what halo 4 is missing? i can’t figure what it is that it’s lacking.
>
> edit: don’t get me wrong, halo 4 is fun, but it’s not the same. i just forgot how much fun past halo games were.

Weapons in fixed locations on the map is gone. This might sound minor but it had a lot to do with map focus and how maps played out, even subconciously.

Armor Abilities.

Unbalanced Armor Abilities.

Slower default movement speed and sprint. Instant respawns.

Random ordnance / Randomly placed/chosen weapons on the map.

Perfectly accurate precision weapons. Even the Battle Rifle and Old DMR weren’t perfectly accurate.

There are a lot of base changes that make it different.

> H4 is just too easy. It virtually plays itself if you have the ability to aim even the slightest bit well.
>
> That’s great for people who aren’t gamers, but absurd for those of us who are.

Oh man, give me a DMR and watch what happens. I can’t stand using it for this reason. Yet it’s pretty much required if I want to win.

-Yoink-, the Suppressor is harder to use than the DMR. Both are easy to aim but at least one actually requires positioning skills.

i think it also has to do with the fact that halo 4 spoils the players? you can practically get any weapon/aa you want.
i believe that we should fight to earn it. not start with it at the beginning.

I know what you mean man, it’s not Halo anymore. I know many will disagree with me, but that’s just how I feel.

I also agree about Halo Reach being more Halo than Halo 4 is. Aside from AA’s being imbalanced (armor lock) and the horrible bloom, I still enjoyed the game. Team snipers, slayer pro and MLG were pretty good.

When you compare Reach and H4, they are almost identical. It’s just that Halo 4 has changed much more about classic Halo than Reach ever did. No static weaponspawns, ordinances, instant respawns, no descoping, random weapon drops, sprint as default instead of an AA, surplus of powerweapons, no picking up nades from other players unless you have a perk etc. etc. All this weird stuff was not in Reach or any other Halo. All Reach had were bad AA’s and bloom, aside from that all was pretty much the same.

I prefer H1, H2, H3 any day of the week over Reach, but at least Reach did feel more like Halo than Halo 4 does, hence why I like Reach a lot more over Halo 4.

> I know what you mean man, it’s not Halo anymore. I know many will disagree with me, but that’s just how I feel.
>
> I also agree about Halo Reach being more Halo than Halo 4 is. Aside from AA’s being imbalanced (armor lock) and the horrible bloom, I still enjoyed the game. Team snipers, slayer pro and MLG were pretty good.
>
> When you compare Reach and H4, they are almost identical. It’s just that Halo 4 has changed much more about classic Halo than Reach ever did. No static weaponspawns, ordinances, instant respawns, no descoping, random weapon drops, sprint as default instead of an AA, surplus of powerweapons, no picking up nades from other players unless you have a perk etc. etc. All this weird stuff was not in Reach or any other Halo. All Reach had were bad AA’s and bloom, aside from that all was pretty much the same.
>
> I prefer H1, H2, H3 any day of the week over Reach, but at least Reach did feel more like Halo than Halo 4 does, hence why I like Reach a lot more over Halo 4.

i’m glad i’m not the only person to think this way. thanks for your input! and thanks to everybody else for your input too!

I wish Reach never happened tbh. Halo 4 wouldnt be like this if Reach hadn’t opened the door!

> I wish Reach never happened tbh. Halo 4 wouldnt be like this if Reach hadn’t opened the door!

Hah, very true

Still, 343 knew Reach was badly recieved, yet they incorporated everything from Reach and destroyed classic Halo even more with tons of extra changes.

They had a good opportunity to get back to Halo’s roots which most people wanted. But now we’re stuck with a game which is allright, but it’s no longer the Halo we used to love.

I switched back to Halo: Reach, because I just can’t stand Halo 4’s multiplayer. The game is amazing and all, but there is just too much randomness and the game is made way too easy… Too many power weapons, instant respawning, flinching which ruins long range combat and of course the worst of all, ridiculous aim assist and bullet magnetism. All of this just makes it a perfect game for noobs who can just hop into multiplayer and start 5-shotting everybody with the DMR and BR… Halo: Reach was hard to play, you needed a good aim, know the map, strafe in battles, etc. Now in Halo 4 the game practically aims for you and ordnance can just randomly spawn right in front of you… I wish they would stop making it so noob-friendly. I’m not saying I wouldn’t buy any Halo game anymore, because I love the universe, the campaign and now also Spartan Ops are awesome. But multiplayer just frustrates me too much…

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm1978782_Poll-Halo-4-Bullet-Magnetism-Needs-Toned-Down.aspx

The magnetism that is compounded by the latency compensation is the issue for me.

In my opinion it’s alot more fun and feels alot more like Halo than Reach ever did, if I were to go back to a previous Halo that still supports xbox live it sure wouldn’t be Reach.

> I think Halo 4 feels more like 1-3 then Reach ever could. Still has the pointless gimmicks though. But hey, at least it’s not Reach.

This pretty much sums up my feelings.

Sigh im getting tired of hearing the same old stuff