I cant grasp Halo 2 on the MCC

Okay, so I’m fairly good in all halo games, except Halo 2 on MCC. Im good at halo 3, and CE and very good at halo reach/4/5. But, i simply do not get original Halo 2 on the MCC. My first Halo was Halo 3, so I never got to play OG Halo 2 when it came out. My question is, what is wrong with Halo 2 on MCC? It seems every game in mcc halo 2, i get killed IMEDIATELY after I spawn, or I spawn literally right next/across from someone. And no matter how many times I shoot someone first, i always end up dying. I can even shoot someone 3 times with my BR and headshot them, but they survive and my shots dont register. Now one can easily say GG or “its not the games fault you just suck”. I promise you that my hits dont register, ive been playing Halo since 2007 i know how a halo game should work lol. But please, am I going crazy??? Why is Halo 2 on MCC the only one giving me problems? Was the version on the original xbox like this? Someone please explain! Thank you for reading!

Not sure what to tell you, but if your BR is off just a bit, you’re going to lose a 1v1 in Halo 2. It’s an unforgiving game if you don’t 3 shot on headshots.

> 2533274871538802;1:
> Okay, so I’m fairly good in all halo games, except Halo 2 on MCC. Im good at halo 3, and CE and very good at halo reach/4/5. But, i simply do not get original Halo 2 on the MCC. My first Halo was Halo 3, so I never got to play OG Halo 2 when it came out. My question is, what is wrong with Halo 2 on MCC? It seems every game in mcc halo 2, i get killed IMEDIATELY after I spawn, or I spawn literally right next/across from someone. And no matter how many times I shoot someone first, i always end up dying. I can even shoot someone 3 times with my BR and headshot them, but they survive and my shots dont register. Now one can easily say GG or “its not the games fault you just suck”. I promise you that my hits dont register, ive been playing Halo since 2007 i know how a halo game should work lol. But please, am I going crazy??? Why is Halo 2 on MCC the only one giving me problems? Was the version on the original xbox like this? Someone please explain! Thank you for reading!

Are you a troll?

> 2678033349862963;2:
> Not sure what to tell you, but if your BR is off just a bit, you’re going to lose a 1v1 in Halo 2. It’s an unforgiving game if you don’t 3 shot on headshots.

I know that, because if i remember correctly halo 2 bullets were projectiles, not hitscan. But the thing is i can 4 shot someone, with 100% accuracy, but it never seems to work. Its just very frustrating because this is the only halo that gives me problems. My buddies that played halo 2 when it originally came out said it was nothing like im describing it as

> 2533274799977666;3:
> > 2533274871538802;1:
> > Okay, so I’m fairly good in all halo games, except Halo 2 on MCC. Im good at halo 3, and CE and very good at halo reach/4/5. But, i simply do not get original Halo 2 on the MCC. My first Halo was Halo 3, so I never got to play OG Halo 2 when it came out. My question is, what is wrong with Halo 2 on MCC? It seems every game in mcc halo 2, i get killed IMEDIATELY after I spawn, or I spawn literally right next/across from someone. And no matter how many times I shoot someone first, i always end up dying. I can even shoot someone 3 times with my BR and headshot them, but they survive and my shots dont register. Now one can easily say GG or “its not the games fault you just suck”. I promise you that my hits dont register, ive been playing Halo since 2007 i know how a halo game should work lol. But please, am I going crazy??? Why is Halo 2 on MCC the only one giving me problems? Was the version on the original xbox like this? Someone please explain! Thank you for reading!
>
> Are you a troll?

Lmao no, im 100% serious. The spawns are horrid, and the BR never seems to work no matter how accurate I am.

> 2678033349862963;2:
> Not sure what to tell you, but if your BR is off just a bit, you’re going to lose a 1v1 in Halo 2. It’s an unforgiving game if you don’t 3 shot on headshots.

But thank you for the advice, now i know that if even one bullet misses its a huge deal :slight_smile:

> 2533274871538802;6:
> > 2678033349862963;2:
> > Not sure what to tell you, but if your BR is off just a bit, you’re going to lose a 1v1 in Halo 2. It’s an unforgiving game if you don’t 3 shot on headshots.
>
> But thank you for the advice, now i know that if even one bullet misses its a huge deal :slight_smile:

I have a buddy that complains about the same thing, and when I watch him, I can always pick out one or two shots that aren’t head shots, even though he thinks they are. Also, depending on the skill of the guys you’re playing, you could be getting double shot.

> 2678033349862963;7:
> > 2533274871538802;6:
> > > 2678033349862963;2:
> > > Not sure what to tell you, but if your BR is off just a bit, you’re going to lose a 1v1 in Halo 2. It’s an unforgiving game if you don’t 3 shot on headshots.
> >
> > But thank you for the advice, now i know that if even one bullet misses its a huge deal :slight_smile:
>
> I have a buddy that complains about the same thing, and when I watch him, I can always pick out one or two shots that aren’t head shots, even though he thinks they are. Also, depending on the skill of the guys you’re playing, you could be getting double shot.

Could be it, because sometimes i look at my screen with my jaw open, just im urtter shock after dying because they kill me in half the time it takes me to 4 shot someone

> 2533274871538802;1:
> Okay, so I’m fairly good in all halo games, except Halo 2 on MCC. Im good at halo 3, and CE and very good at halo reach/4/5. But, i simply do not get original Halo 2 on the MCC. My first Halo was Halo 3, so I never got to play OG Halo 2 when it came out. My question is, what is wrong with Halo 2 on MCC? It seems every game in mcc halo 2, i get killed IMEDIATELY after I spawn, or I spawn literally right next/across from someone. And no matter how many times I shoot someone first, i always end up dying. I can even shoot someone 3 times with my BR and headshot them, but they survive and my shots dont register. Now one can easily say GG or “its not the games fault you just suck”. I promise you that my hits dont register, ive been playing Halo since 2007 i know how a halo game should work lol. But please, am I going crazy??? Why is Halo 2 on MCC the only one giving me problems? Was the version on the original xbox like this? Someone please explain! Thank you for reading!

Its just you

> 2533274871538802;4:
> > 2678033349862963;2:
> > Not sure what to tell you, but if your BR is off just a bit, you’re going to lose a 1v1 in Halo 2. It’s an unforgiving game if you don’t 3 shot on headshots.
>
> I know that, because if i remember correctly halo 2 bullets were projectiles, not hitscan. But the thing is i can 4 shot someone, with 100% accuracy, but it never seems to work. Its just very frustrating because this is the only halo that gives me problems. My buddies that played halo 2 when it originally came out said it was nothing like im describing it as

Halo 2 is hitscan, Halo 3 is projectile.

I think a big mistake is your mentality. You shouldn’t say “know how a halo game should work.” Yes you are familiar and experienced with Halo games and multiplayer suites but every halo game has been different, especially in multiplayer. Sure there are the occasional bad spawn and you can get killed very quickly if spot upon spawning (and sometimes you get matched with people who abuse double shot, quad shot, BXR and plasma pistol/BR), but as a whole its not a broken game.

How long have you been playing H2 for?

When H2 was the only halo game on xbox live playing custom games of swat stepped my BR game and accuracy up so maybe that can help, just keep in mind that each halo game has a different feel.

Oh by saying “i know how a halo game should work” i pretty much meant like, ive been around the block plenty of times with halo so im very familiar with it. Youre right about that, poor word choice on my end. Ive been playing halo 2 on mcc pretty much the whole span of the mcc. But yea, i guess its just bad luck that im getting paired up with people that use those tactics. I will play halo 2 swat thank you for your input i really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

> 2535423412908536;10:
> > 2533274871538802;4:
> > > 2678033349862963;2:
> > > Not sure what to tell you, but if your BR is off just a bit, you’re going to lose a 1v1 in Halo 2. It’s an unforgiving game if you don’t 3 shot on headshots.
> >
> > I know that, because if i remember correctly halo 2 bullets were projectiles, not hitscan. But the thing is i can 4 shot someone, with 100% accuracy, but it never seems to work. Its just very frustrating because this is the only halo that gives me problems. My buddies that played halo 2 when it originally came out said it was nothing like im describing it as
>
> Halo 2 is hitscan, Halo 3 is projectile.

Like i said “if i remember correctly”. I wasnt entirely sure but thank you for correcting me

> 2533274900606824;11:
> I think a big mistake is your mentality. You shouldn’t say “know how a halo game should work.” Yes you are familiar and experienced with Halo games and multiplayer suites but every halo game has been different, especially in multiplayer. Sure there are the occasional bad spawn and you can get killed very quickly if spot upon spawning (and sometimes you get matched with people who abuse double shot, quad shot, BXR and plasma pistol/BR), but as a whole its not a broken game.
>
> How long have you been playing H2 for?
>
> When H2 was the only halo game on xbox live playing custom games of swat stepped my BR game and accuracy up so maybe that can help, just keep in mind that each halo game has a different feel.

Woops i meant to quote you on the message i wrote back to this

> 2535423412908536;9:
> > 2533274871538802;1:
> > Okay, so I’m fairly good in all halo games, except Halo 2 on MCC. Im good at halo 3, and CE and very good at halo reach/4/5. But, i simply do not get original Halo 2 on the MCC. My first Halo was Halo 3, so I never got to play OG Halo 2 when it came out. My question is, what is wrong with Halo 2 on MCC? It seems every game in mcc halo 2, i get killed IMEDIATELY after I spawn, or I spawn literally right next/across from someone. And no matter how many times I shoot someone first, i always end up dying. I can even shoot someone 3 times with my BR and headshot them, but they survive and my shots dont register. Now one can easily say GG or “its not the games fault you just suck”. I promise you that my hits dont register, ive been playing Halo since 2007 i know how a halo game should work lol. But please, am I going crazy??? Why is Halo 2 on MCC the only one giving me problems? Was the version on the original xbox like this? Someone please explain! Thank you for reading!
>
> Its just you

Thank you for your input i was just going crazy i needed answers lol

There’s a good chance you think you’re getting headshots when you really aren’t. I would know that because before I got an Xbox, 10 years ago, I used to be horrid with the BR and wouldn’t understand why I sucked at using it. You cannot miss any shots and all shots need to be headshots. Practice makes perfect.

Also, dissimilar to other Halo games, Halo 2 uses hitscan; you do not lead your shots the way you do in Halo CE or 3.