I can't aim in this game at all.

First Halo game where I’ve had a negative k/d. Thinking about returning it because aiming is so frustrating. Any idea what changed?

adapt easy and simple I can adapt you should too lol

Your profile says you have a positive K/D ratio

Also, what store allows you to return a game because you don’t like it and will quit so easily?

Is this even a real complaint…

Its very very difficult to aim in this game. There have been over 30 threads about this exact topic.
The only thing I can say is do your very best to not even use the right stick, rely heavy on movement.

I agree with this completely. Everything about this game does not feel Halo to me.

There’s less aim-assist, I believe.

But here’s the real issue: It’s a totally new game. You can’t expect to play it like the others and magically be good at in in just 2 days after launch. It’s like having run your whole life but never doing squats before and wondering why you can’t instantly put up 400 lbs.

Buck up solider. Take it from me… I have a .3 KD ratio and I lose more matches than win, that’s right. Worst performance on any halo game I’ve ever played. I can’t hit anything in this game unless it’s the AR. The beta had the aim-assist dialed perfectly, but with the new change it’s up to you to practice and get better. I still think it’s fun to play though.

I am bad at it so I am going to return it? I would see it as a challenge to overcome. But do what you do.

> 2533274871293505;5:
> Its very very difficult to aim in this game. There have been over 30 threads about this exact topic.
> The only thing I can say is do your very best to not even use the right stick, rely heavy on movement.

so in other words don’t aim. Lmao. This game is a broken mess right now. If they don’t fix the dead zone and acceleration in at least the right sick, the stick that is actually used for aiming, this game will not hold anyone’s attention. On top of that they really need to raise the max look speed by at least double if they want to keep the skill gap high IMHO.

> 2533274884116647;2:
> adapt easy and simple I can adapt you should too lol

Adapt to sloppy imprecise controls? No, no one should have to. Almost every other shooter on console or pc has tighter controls that are responsive and allow for the expertise of fine aiming. The dead zone in the analog aiming is far too large.

> 2533274801131688;10:
> > 2533274871293505;5:
> > Its very very difficult to aim in this game. There have been over 30 threads about this exact topic.
> > The only thing I can say is do your very best to not even use the right stick, rely heavy on movement.
>
>
> so in other words don’t aim. Lmao. This game is a broken mess right now. If they don’t fix the dead zone and acceleration in at least the right sick, the stick that is actually used for aiming, this game will not hold anyone’s attention. On top of that they really need to raise the max look speed by at least double if they want to keep the skill gap high IMHO.

I agree with your opinion. People should fire up their old original xbox, play some halo ce and 2 on that then come to halo 5 to see what they are missing.

> 2533274801131688;10:
> > 2533274871293505;5:
> > Its very very difficult to aim in this game. There have been over 30 threads about this exact topic.
> > The only thing I can say is do your very best to not even use the right stick, rely heavy on movement.
>
>
> so in other words don’t aim. Lmao. This game is a broken mess right now. If they don’t fix the dead zone and acceleration in at least the right sick, the stick that is actually used for aiming, this game will not hold anyone’s attention. On top of that they really need to raise the max look speed by at least double if they want to keep the skill gap high IMHO.

You must have a different definition of what a broken mess is.

In all honesty, I just made a similar topic. I actually think as far as Arena is concerned, Halo 3 and 4 were actually superior. I shouldn’t have to quit my job and play this game nearly 24/7 to just stand a chance.

Having played Halo 1 PC for so long, I really do get why people saying PC FPS > Console FPS.

For the 2000000 time, this has nothing to do with aim assist, “adapting” or “git gud scrub”. It’s about the fact that 343I thought it was an ingenius idea to add a hefty amount of aim acceleration into this game. It really is astonishing that, after such a perfect beta, they’ve decided to add such a widely hated mechanic. They should either remove it or give us a toggle on/off.

> 2533274831669135;15:
> For the 2000000 time, this has nothing to do with aim assist, “adapting” or “git gud scrub”. It’s about the fact that 343I thought it was an ingenius idea to add a hefty amount of aim acceleration into this game. It really is astonishing that, after such a perfect beta, they’ve decided to add such a widely hated mechanic. They should either remove it or give us a toggle on/off.

This. Just let me toggle it off. “The pro team likes it” so we should get use to it!!! No thanks. That’s like saying we should all play inverted on 1 sensitivity with claw control settings because somebody at 343 likes it that way…

I feel like it’s aiming for a mouse and keyboard instead of a controller.

i must admit the auto aim is turned way down now. its almost like trying to headshot your team mates… frustrating!

> 2533274827418676;16:
> > 2533274831669135;15:
> > For the 2000000 time, this has nothing to do with aim assist, “adapting” or “git gud scrub”. It’s about the fact that 343I thought it was an ingenius idea to add a hefty amount of aim acceleration into this game. It really is astonishing that, after such a perfect beta, they’ve decided to add such a widely hated mechanic. They should either remove it or give us a toggle on/off.
>
>
> This. Just let me toggle it off. “The pro team likes it” so we should get use to it!!! No thanks. That’s like saying we should all play inverted on 1 sensitivity with claw control settings because somebody at 343 likes it that way…

Sounds good, options are beautiful! 343i makes me :frowning: when I hear about that “ingenious idea” and “pro” team feedback they received.

> 2533274831669135;15:
> For the 2000000 time, this has nothing to do with aim assist, “adapting” or “git gud scrub”. It’s about the fact that 343I thought it was an ingenius idea to add a hefty amount of aim acceleration into this game. It really is astonishing that, after such a perfect beta, they’ve decided to add such a widely hated mechanic. They should either remove it or give us a toggle on/off.

Amen. This needs to be fixed.