I canceled my xbox live sub because of Halo 4

Today, when i got home from work and wanted to play Halo 4, i found a nasty surprise: the the version being sold in my country only has Spanish audio.

This is, for me, a dealbreaker. I have cancelled my xbox live subscription. I was gonna buy an xbox and the game (currently i share one with my room mate), but those plans are cancelled too.

I see no reason why the game couldn’t have been bilingual, like Reach was.

> Today, when i got home from work and wanted to play Halo 4, i found a nasty surprise: the the version being sold in my country only has Spanish audio.
>
> This is, for me, a dealbreaker. I have cancelled my xbox live subscription. I was gonna buy an xbox and the game (currently i share one with my room mate), but those plans are cancelled too.
>
> I see no reason why the game couldn’t have been bilingual, like Reach was.

The audio in your copy ruined your entire xbox live experience?

Seems a little extreme to me.

Change your Xbox locale settings to UK and you will get English audio.

Also fairly sure it’s impossible to cancel an XBL subscription unless you want to waste the remaining time on your account, so I’m going to assume you’re a troll.

> Change your Xbox locale settings to UK and you will get English audio.
>
> Also fairly sure it’s impossible to cancel an XBL subscription, so I’m going to assume you’re a troll.

Because… turning off auto pay is impossible?

> > Change your Xbox locale settings to UK and you will get English audio.
> >
> > Also fairly sure it’s impossible to cancel an XBL subscription, so I’m going to assume you’re a troll.
>
> Because… turning off auto pay is impossible?

That doesn’t immediately cancel your subscription does it? (genuine question)

it doesnt automatically cancel your subscription, it just stops from renewing every month, so he’d still have Live til whenever his month is up.

Also, I agree with the guy above saying cancelling XBL altogether just because 1 game is -Yoink!- you off, is definitely extreme. Cant see how you’d only play one game on xbox and thats it…you’ve gotta own other games lol

and yea, there has to be a way to make it english, I’ve never heard of a mass produced game such as Halo being in 1 specific language, regardless of the country it’s sold in.

I highly recommend asking halo 4 support or even some experienced gamers if there is a way to change the audio.

If he changes his locale setting to UK, USA or any English speaking country, then the audio should change to England.

Settings > System > Console Settings > Language and Locale > Locale > United Kingdom

> Also, I agree with the guy above saying cancelling XBL altogether just because 1 game is -Yoink!- you off, is definitely extreme. Cant see how you’d only play one game on xbox and thats it…you’ve gotta own other games lol

I’m a PC Gamer…Halo is the only game i play on a console, and only because it’s not available on PC.

If that’s all it takes to make you cancel your Xbox Live subscription then I’m kinda glad you’re gone. I’m kinda hoping for less players like you in the next year or so.

Regardless, your money, your choice. Doesn’t mean I can’t say it’s a stupid choice though.

> If he changes his locale setting to UK, USA or any English speaking country, then the audio should change to England.
>
> Settings > System > Console Settings > Language and Locale > Locale > United Kingdom

It was the first thing i tried, since that used to work on other Halos

by copy outside of your country then, as far as I know Europe should work fine its just usa copys that would be different but you would need to double check.

or are you from Mexico

need help with this too man i hate the spanish voice telling me my double kills

> need help with this too man i hate the spanish voice telling me my double kills

There is no solution… i googled around and it seems it’s a problem with localized versions… found reports of at least spanish and german versions not having english audio

would it not be worth ordering it from somewhere that does it in english and has the same region code?

Id definitely try and get in touch with 343 or Microsoft, whoever deals with customer support. See if there’s any possible way that you can exchange it for an English version, if there truly isn’t an option to change language, because if its in spanish, you wouldnt be able to understand ANYTHING, words and audio would be jibberish if you’re not fluent in Spanish. lol

best of luck man