I can see it now. BR in World Premier trailer.

Halo CE was new so it didn’t really need to show off a key weapon.

Halo 2 brought the SMGs and dual wielding to the table so the trailer showed it off a bunch.

Halo 3 brought back the assault rifle so it was the center of attention in the trailer.

Reachs trailer focused on the falcon. Noble six does have the DMR on his back though.

I can definitly see Halo 4’s next trailer to heavily focus on the BR. (Maybe even switching to dual weapons somewhere in their.)

I’m not like a BR fanboy it isn’t like I won’t buy if no BR.(I would bet $1,000 that it’s back btw) I do know that their are people out their with that mindset and I do know that 343 has to know that. So I can just envision it now. All the hardcore BR kids wetting themselves over a new trailer just because of the BR. I’d be happy but like I said. I’m kinda expecting it and it’s not a huge deal to me.

I can actually clearly see the BR making a return over the DMR. It’s been about almost 5 years since we have seen a BR in a Halo game and quite frankly, I’m kind of missing it. :confused:

If i see a Br i will need a new pair of pants maybe more than 1.

I would be a happy iguana if the Br is back. I don’t mind seeing a newer better weapon though.

Not gonna lie, Halo 2 basically created a situation where the BR IS Halo. And I want it back. I REALLY want it back.

I don’t even use the DMR anymore. I’ll drop it for the first Plasma Pistol or Needler I see. But the BR? I used that thing like there was no tomorrow.

Just shook my magic eight ball, signs point to yes.

> Just shook my magic eight ball, signs point to yes.

I just shook mine and it said ask again on March 5th. :wink:

God… make it happen.

Wait, I’m an atheist.

343, make it happen!

Myabe with Variable burst fire with Full auto Variation.

Moar BRs!

If I see a BR and a Trueskill Number in a World Premeire, I will go freaking insane with happiness.

> Myabe with Variable burst fire with Full auto Variation.

It wouldn’t make sense to have such a thing in multiplayer. In Battlefield it’s fine because the maps are large and the gun v gun combat takes enough time to happen to the point where you can shift through fire modes. Halo is a little faster with smaller maps. Give BR full auto, Single shot and burst and other guns all of a sudden have no role in the game.

yeah, there’s no reason why the BR can’t come back, completely retooled and balanced.

I would echo though that as it’s been mentioned, the H2 sandbox is what created the need for a OP rifle.

The franchise would be fine with debuting a new OP utility weapon if done smartly.

Come to think of it… didn’t we see a new weapon in the H4 Teaser Trailer?

As long as the other weapons are not nerfed i hope so!. I love being able to go around a map and use any weapon i want without being destroyed by dmrs. Though i think since dual weilding was in H2 most of the weapons had to be nerfed.

I really wanted that BR replica :frowning:

If they want to bring back the BR as the utility weapon, that fine, so long as it’s nothing like it was in Halo 2 or 3. The Utility weapon in future Halo titles needs to be balanced with the rest of the sandbox, not an overpowered, useful-in-any-situtation/can-beat-anything-short-of-a-power-weapon weapon.

I’d rather see a DMR that acts like a BR. I think the DMR looks better, and I like the single shot more than the three-shot burst. Just as long as the DMR does’t really have bloom.

If I saw the BR I would start freaking out.

> If they want to bring back the BR as the utility weapon, that fine, so long as it’s nothing like it was in Halo 2 or 3. The Utility weapon in future Halo titles needs to be balanced with the rest of the sandbox, not an overpowered, useful-in-any-situtation/can-beat-anything-short-of-a-power-weapon weapon.

I agree entirely with this. But I think the fault was never that the BR was too powerful, but that the other weapons weren’t powerful enough, the reason being they weren’t as extreme to their niche.

I would like to see the BR similar to the Halo 3 one in terms of Fire Rate and bullet travel time, but with a much more confined spread, with no random factor in mid-range engagements. (I think Bloom should SHOW the spread of a burst and act as a timer between shots btw. but no progressive inaccuracy latched onto rate of fire).

But when it comes to other weapons, an example of “More extreme, to their niche” offering leeway to their strength" is the AR. The main problem with the AR is that it is TOO accurate at mid range with sustained fire, so to balance it with the Magnum and DMR they had to make it weaker, which made it ALSO ineffective up close.

For the AR I’d like to see the spread of sustained fire DRASTICALLY increase, making the weapon feel almost pointless at mid range with sustained fire, but still SOMEWHAT capable (though ineffective compared to some weapons) at mid range with short-controlled bursts. And incapable of long range combat. The bonus to this is they can increase bullet damage DRASTICALLY so the AR literally MELTS players in CQC fights, giving you a reason to actually press Y when you are in tight corridors.

But if the BR is the utility, I think the DMR should serve as a long-range specific weapon, good for BTB. The plus is it’s anti-vehicle capabilities, and PERFECT accuracy + hitscan for long range engagements. And the increase in scope (4x this time around?). The cons to using the DMR is a low rate of fire compared to the BR, and therefore fairly low kill time. You MIGHT be able to get away with a mid range kill, but only if you are lucky, it should feel about as effective at mid range as the AR. And just ignore the thing up close, fire rate is too slow, just like how the AR is too inaccurate to fight at long range.

The fault is simply the power of the niche weapons vs. their effectiveness at thier intended range. For most weapons the simple rule should be “More accurate = lower damage output”. Though that logic shouldn’t apply to power weapons.

> > Myabe with Variable burst fire with Full auto Variation.
>
> It wouldn’t make sense to have such a thing in multiplayer. In Battlefield it’s fine because the maps are large and the gun v gun combat takes enough time to happen to the point where you can shift through fire modes. Halo is a little faster with smaller maps. Give BR full auto, Single shot and burst and other guns all of a sudden have no role in the game.

BEFORE THE PANIC!!!

Don’t worry guys, this will never be implemented! 343 have common sense, you know!

> The fault is simply the power of the niche weapons vs. their effectiveness at thier intended range. For most weapons the simple rule should be “More accurate = lower damage output”. Though that logic shouldn’t apply to power weapons.

I agree. The only thing that should beat a close range AR is a close range sword or shotty. An SMG should have a fighting chance and dual SMGs should have a really good power edge but lose a ton of accuracy. I still think that dual weapons have a place in Halo but they need tp be useful by themselves too. The only thing dual wielding should do is introduce a blooming of the weapons reticule. Twice the bullets at once but a bit of loss on the accuracy.