I Can handle a lot of stuff, but...

Despite my hatred for Armor Abilities, if they make it into Halo 4 I will still buy it.
Despite my loathing for Sprint, if it remains in the game I will still buy Halo 4.
Despite the fact that random weapon spawns would kill competitive gameplay, I would still buy Halo 4 if it made it into the game.
Even if they didn’t have a competitive playlist at all, I would still buy the game.
They could even add bloom back in even though they said they wouldn’t. Doesn’t matter, regardless of how angry it’d make me, I’d still buy the game.

However… If they seriously add perks, loadouts, or anything equivalent of it… Halo as we know it will be dead. I don’t want X enemy to have better shields than me while I have a higher movement speed… Nor do I want him to have an extra grenade while I have a higher fire rate… I want us to be completely even, and have the better man win.

Is that really so much to ask for? I don’t care if you change everything else. Just keep Halo, Halo. I personally hated Reach, but now it seems I’m going to have to hate it other than for a reason than it being so radically different from the Halo I loved.

I’m going to start hating it because it has sparked an evolution that nobody ever wanted.

The day 343i stops BSing and gives us the information on the perk system- whatever they may decide to call it- is the day a legendary series falls. People don’t call Reach a failure because of it’s sales. People don’t say it “Isn’t Halo” because it has a different name on the cover.

We say these things because it is nothing like the franchise many of us grew up on.

And as it seems now, 343i isn’t making Halo, they’re making a generic modern FPS set in space with a Halo skin.

Next thing you know we’ll all be here 4 months after Halo 4’s release raging about the new Halo 5 trailer.

This isn’t a rage thread… it’s a thread of submission- of acceptance. Enjoy your derpfest, you casuals… You came in with such incredible numbers that you’ve been killing gaming since 2006.

Agreed. Unfortunately, these forums consider ruining a game to be ‘innovation’.

Kind of like how Reach was ‘innovation’, no?

> Despite my hatred for Armor Abilities, if they make it into Halo 4 I will still buy it.
> Despite my loathing for Sprint, if it remains in the game I will still buy Halo 4.
> Despite the fact that random weapon spawns would kill competitive gameplay, I would still buy Halo 4 if it made it into the game.
> Even if they didn’t have a competitive playlist at all, I would still buy the game.
> They could even add bloom back in even though they said they wouldn’t. Doesn’t matter, regardless of how angry it’d make me, I’d still buy the game.

> Enjoy your derpfest, you casuals… You came in with such incredible numbers that you’ve been killing gaming since 2006.

Read that back to yourself.

> Agreed. Unfortunately, these forums consider ruining a game to be ‘innovation’.
>
> Kind of like how Reach was ‘innovation’, no?

I think the problem is that for some reason, people here see absolutely any change to be innovation. Tomorrow they could announce that Halo 4 is going to be an RTS and there would be people here defending them saying “you haven’t even played it yet, how do you know it will suck?” They just don’t understand that were not trying to stifle innovation, were just not looking for our favorite series to be innovative. I buy Halo games because I want to play Halo, not because I’m looking for a new experience. If I want something new and different - there are thousands of other games for that. I want them to improve, but not drastically change, with each new iteration.

> > Despite my hatred for Armor Abilities, if they make it into Halo 4 I will still buy it.
> > Despite my loathing for Sprint, if it remains in the game I will still buy Halo 4.
> > Despite the fact that random weapon spawns would kill competitive gameplay, I would still buy Halo 4 if it made it into the game.
> > Even if they didn’t have a competitive playlist at all, I would still buy the game.
> > They could even add bloom back in even though they said they wouldn’t. Doesn’t matter, regardless of how angry it’d make me, I’d still buy the game.
>
>
>
> > Enjoy your derpfest, you casuals… You came in with such incredible numbers that you’ve been killing gaming since 2006.
>
> …
>
>
> Read that back to yourself.

I don’t think your comprehension is all too high…

I’m saying the only thing that would ruin Halo 4 for me would be perks.

Casuals ruining gaming since 2006 is the obvious impact they have had on the industry, with practically every game series appealing almost exclusively to casuals nowadays.

> > > Despite my hatred for Armor Abilities, if they make it into Halo 4 I will still buy it.
> > > Despite my loathing for Sprint, if it remains in the game I will still buy Halo 4.
> > > Despite the fact that random weapon spawns would kill competitive gameplay, I would still buy Halo 4 if it made it into the game.
> > > Even if they didn’t have a competitive playlist at all, I would still buy the game.
> > > They could even add bloom back in even though they said they wouldn’t. Doesn’t matter, regardless of how angry it’d make me, I’d still buy the game.
> >
> >
> >
> > > Enjoy your derpfest, you casuals… You came in with such incredible numbers that you’ve been killing gaming since 2006.
> >
> > …
> >
> >
> > Read that back to yourself.
>
> I don’t think your comprehension is all too high…
>
> I’m saying the only thing that would ruin Halo 4 for me would be perks.
>
> Casuals ruining gaming since 2006 is the obvious impact they have had on the industry, with practically every game series appealing almost exclusively to casuals nowadays.

That first box I quoted sums up Casual gamers in a nutshell, that could be a Dictionary explanation of the term.

I see your point. but ask your self this. If you played the same multiplayer for 10 whole years and bungie didnt change ANYTHING would you still buy it?
dunno about you but i sure would’nt. That is why things are always changing and if you cant Acept change then your just SOL. Things change, things will always change and people need to start expecting that. My advice, “Just go with it.”

For the love of God: stop forming opinions of things that haven’t even been revealed yet. You can be as confident as you like in the fact that these so-called “perks” will be bad, but until you know exactly what they are, your conclusions are meaningless.

> > > > Despite my hatred for Armor Abilities, if they make it into Halo 4 I will still buy it.
> > > > Despite my loathing for Sprint, if it remains in the game I will still buy Halo 4.
> > > > Despite the fact that random weapon spawns would kill competitive gameplay, I would still buy Halo 4 if it made it into the game.
> > > > Even if they didn’t have a competitive playlist at all, I would still buy the game.
> > > > They could even add bloom back in even though they said they wouldn’t. Doesn’t matter, regardless of how angry it’d make me, I’d still buy the game.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Enjoy your derpfest, you casuals… You came in with such incredible numbers that you’ve been killing gaming since 2006.
> > >
> > > …
> > >
> > >
> > > Read that back to yourself.
> >
> > I don’t think your comprehension is all too high…
> >
> > I’m saying the only thing that would ruin Halo 4 for me would be perks.
> >
> > Casuals ruining gaming since 2006 is the obvious impact they have had on the industry, with practically every game series appealing almost exclusively to casuals nowadays.
>
> That first box I quoted sums up Casual gamers in a nutshell, that could be a Dictionary explanation of the term.

…That was the point?

> I see your point. but ask your self this. If you played the same multiplayer for 10 whole years and bungie didnt change ANYTHING would you still buy it?
> dunno about you but i sure would’nt. That is why things are always changing and if you cant Acept change then your just SOL. Things change, things will always change and people need to start expecting that. My advice, “Just go with it.”

Assuming they updated the graphics and made some new maps, yes I would, just like I’ve been dedicated to playing one sport my entire life.

If I was bored of the Halo experience, I’d go buy something that wasn’t Halo, not hope for Halo to change.

theonly thing i worry about in H4 is “perks” or anything like them. NO PERK SYSTEM!!

> I see your point. but ask your self this. If you played the same multiplayer for 10 whole years and bungie didnt change ANYTHING would you still buy it?
> dunno about you but i sure would’nt. That is why things are always changing and if you cant Acept change then your just SOL. Things change, things will always change and people need to start expecting that. My advice, “Just go with it.”

Such a tired argument, which I will actually bother to destroy, despite it being destroyed millions of times already.

-Change isn’t always good, and just throwing change in to say they changed something is simply bad. As Frankie said in the bulletin, EVERY Halo is different. But they still all have the same core gameplay. That is the key. There are plenty of things they could change to freshen it up, but adding a gameplay mechanic clearly ripped from CoD (I don’t care if CoD didn’t do it first- they do it the best and are the simultaneously by far the most successful) isn’t what should be done.

-Call of Duty releases essentially the same game every single year with updated maps and weapons, and the only games to ever break their records are the following games they make. This point proves your argument invalid by itself, really.

Remember Halo: Combat Evolved?

Just think of a Halo with perks as the next step in the evolution. Halo’s core gameplay is more than ten years old now and you can feel it when you play, it’s time for a change.

> Despite my hatred for Armor Abilities, if they make it into Halo 4 I will still buy it.
> Despite my loathing for Sprint, if it remains in the game I will still buy Halo 4.
> Despite the fact that random weapon spawns would kill competitive gameplay, I would still buy Halo 4 if it made it into the game.
> Even if they didn’t have a competitive playlist at all, I would still buy the game.
> They could even add bloom back in even though they said they wouldn’t. Doesn’t matter, regardless of how angry it’d make me, I’d still buy the game.
>
> However… If they seriously add perks, loadouts, or anything equivalent of it… Halo as we know it will be dead. I don’t want X enemy to have better shields than me while I have a higher movement speed… Nor do I want him to have an extra grenade while I have a higher fire rate… I want us to be completely even, and have the better man win.
>
> Is that really so much to ask for? I don’t care if you change everything else. Just keep Halo, Halo. I personally hated Reach, but now it seems I’m going to have to hate it other than for a reason than it being so radically different from the Halo I loved.
>
> I’m going to start hating it because it has sparked an evolution that nobody ever wanted.
>
>
>
>
>
> The day 343i stops BSing and gives us the information on the perk system- whatever they may decide to call it- is the day a legendary series falls. People don’t call Reach a failure because of it’s sales. People don’t say it “Isn’t Halo” because it has a different name on the cover.
>
> We say these things because it is nothing like the franchise many of us grew up on.
>
> And as it seems now, 343i isn’t making Halo, they’re making a generic modern FPS set in space with a Halo skin.
>
> Next thing you know we’ll all be here 4 months after Halo 4’s release raging about the new Halo 5 trailer.
>
> This isn’t a rage thread… it’s a thread of submission- of acceptance. Enjoy your derpfest, you casuals… You came in with such incredible numbers that you’ve been killing gaming since 2006.

very well said. other than the whole bloom and armorlock thing… idk about that haha.
but i’ve been a very avid fps player since the beggining of time and my 2 favorite franchises are Halo and COD and i’ve been buying every single one of thier new releases. Which brings me to the fact that i SOLD Reach and MW3 b/c of this garbage you talking about. They have made everything wayy to noob friendly and random.

> Remember Halo: Combat Evolved?
>
> Just think of a Halo with perks as the next step in the evolution. Halo’s core gameplay is more than ten years old now and you can feel it when you play, it’s time for a change.

i bet you weren’t even born 10 years ago.

> Remember Halo: Combat Evolved?
>
> Just think of a Halo with perks as the next step in the evolution. Halo’s core gameplay is more than ten years old now and you can feel it when you play, it’s time for a change.

Not all change is good.

Look at Halo 3. It was classic Halo + equipment. It did tremendously well.

Look at Reach. It screwed with the Halo formula for the sake of change and now the population is dwindling and the majority of fans hate it.

I think there’s a difference between keeping things fresh and completely changing what makes Halo, Halo. You can add equipment, or dual wielding, crazy gametypes, etc, but don’t change the core gameplay.

All I can do is sit back and shake my head at people like you.

“They can do everything Reach did…BUT IF THEY ADD THEM PERKS…”

Do you realize how childish you sound?

Frankie has said, multiple times, that whatever this progressive unlock system is, it is not like any existing system we’ve seen before. That means it is NOT like Call of Duty, where you trade strength for speed, or any of that nonsense. It’s not even like Counter Strike, where you pay for better weapons and gear.

This is something totally new. This is something that we haven’t seen before…So how can you judge that these “perks” are going to ruin Halo?

I get where you’re coming from, but blindly hating it and calling it the tipping point is outrageously immature considering you haven’t even seen what it is yet. After you’ve seen it, after they’ve explained it…Go ahead and tell us the sky is falling.

But for now? You’re just acting like an entitled jerk and wasting forum space.

> All I can do is sit back and shake my head at people like you.
>
> “They can do everything Reach did…BUT IF THEY ADD THEM PERKS…”
>
> Do you realize how childish you sound?
>
> Frankie has said, multiple times, that whatever this progressive unlock system is, it is not like any existing system we’ve seen before. That means it is NOT like Call of Duty, where you trade strength for speed, or any of that nonsense. It’s not even like Counter Strike, where you pay for better weapons and gear.
>
> This is something totally new. This is something that we haven’t seen before…So how can you judge that these “perks” are going to ruin Halo?
>
> I get where you’re coming from, but blindly hating it and calling it the tipping point is outrageously immature considering you haven’t even seen what it is yet. After you’ve seen it, after they’ve explained it…Go ahead and tell us the sky is falling.
>
> But for now? You’re just acting like an entitled jerk and wasting forum space.

The “perks” are said to allow players to change their player traits to their liking.

Unless these changes are VERY minor, this is going to destroy the even playing field that makes Halo, Halo.

> > All I can do is sit back and shake my head at people like you.
> >
> > “They can do everything Reach did…BUT IF THEY ADD THEM PERKS…”
> >
> > Do you realize how childish you sound?
> >
> > Frankie has said, multiple times, that whatever this progressive unlock system is, it is not like any existing system we’ve seen before. That means it is NOT like Call of Duty, where you trade strength for speed, or any of that nonsense. It’s not even like Counter Strike, where you pay for better weapons and gear.
> >
> > This is something totally new. This is something that we haven’t seen before…So how can you judge that these “perks” are going to ruin Halo?
> >
> > I get where you’re coming from, but blindly hating it and calling it the tipping point is outrageously immature considering you haven’t even seen what it is yet. After you’ve seen it, after they’ve explained it…Go ahead and tell us the sky is falling.
> >
> > But for now? You’re just acting like an entitled jerk and wasting forum space.
>
> The “perks” are said to allow players to change their player traits to their liking.
>
> Unless these changes are VERY minor, this is going to destroy the even playing field that makes Halo, Halo.

343 has reaffirmed their commitment to balance over and over. Just because you haven’t thought of how it could be balanced, it doesn’t mean they haven’t.

And did you forget that all of this stuff will likely be optional?

They WILL have a classic list without all that nonsense. 90% sure.

> Remember Halo: Combat Evolved?
>
> Just think of a Halo with perks as the next step in the evolution. Halo’s core gameplay is more than ten years old now and you can feel it when you play, it’s time for a change.

I’ve been playing Soccer for 15 years. Still feels fresh to me, and they don’t have to add ball handling and jump shots to keep it fresh. Even if it isn’t so popular in the states, it won’t change to make the Americans who find it boring happy.

Maybe if Halo had followed this philosophy shooting games would still be trying to be the fabled “Halo killer”.