I bought MCC pretty much only for Matchmaking

After reading through so many posts, a common theme I see is people defending 343 by saying “campaign and therefore >50% of the game is working, so don’t complain it’s broken”.

It’s perfectly acceptable (and probably represents the majority of people who bought the game), for a person to buy a game like this for only the matchmaking aspect. I’ve already played all the campaigns of all the previous halos, yes they’re great, yes I understand two of them have new artwork. If this game was released with only the matchmaking and no campaigns at all, I would of still bought it in a heartbeat. If it were the other way around and had campaign with no matchmaking, I wouldn’t of considered purchasing.

You can disagree with my opinion and prefer campaign, that’s perfectly acceptable. It’s also perfectly acceptable (and again, I think represents the majority of purchasers) to prefer matchmaking, and feel like you’ve paid for a completely broken product.

And another subtle point that i’d like to make. Some people have mentioned they purchased the game and plan on returning it. I don’t see the problem with this. I feel sorry if you paid $60 for the game, and don’t have the option to return, because if your like me and prefer matchmaking, you could of just waited for it to be fixed and purchased it for less than $60. So returning a new game for $60 and re purchasing in a month or whenever it’ll be fixed for less than $60 not only seems reasonable but it also seems smart.

if they would just fix the -Yoinking!- party system, a lot of the complaints would go away. its so frustrating

> 2533274916356339;1:
> After reading through so many posts, a common theme I see is people defending 343 by saying “campaign and therefore >50% of the game is working, so don’t complain it’s broken”.
>
> It’s perfectly acceptable (and probably represents the majority of people who bought the game), for a person to buy a game like this for only the matchmaking aspect. I’ve already played all the campaigns of all the previous halos, yes they’re great, yes I understand two of them have new artwork. If this game was released with only the matchmaking and no campaigns at all, I would of still bought it in a heartbeat. If it were the other way around and had campaign with no matchmaking, I wouldn’t of considered purchasing.
>
> You can disagree with my opinion and prefer campaign, that’s perfectly acceptable. It’s also perfectly acceptable (and again, I think represents the majority of purchasers) to prefer matchmaking, and feel like you’ve paid for a completely broken product.
>
> And another subtle point that i’d like to make. Some people have mentioned they purchased the game and plan on returning it. I don’t see the problem with this. I feel sorry if you paid $60 for the game, and don’t have the option to return, because if your like me and prefer matchmaking, you could of just waited for it to be fixed and purchased it for less than $60. So returning a new game for $60 and re purchasing in a month or whenever it’ll be fixed for less than $60 not only seems reasonable but it also seems smart.

I completely agree. I’m actually a big fan of the campaigns, but a much bigger fan of the multiplayer. As big a deal as campaign is, it wasn’t campaign that made Xbox Live what it is now. It wasn’t campaign that made console fps a thing. It was those crazy LAN parties we did with Halo CE.