I bet sprint will be removed

From what I’ve read, seen on polls and videos it appears like 80% of players want sprint removed so if u like sprint enjoy it while it lasts…

It should be removed, but I doubt it.

> 2533274805230315;2:
> It should be removed, but I doubt it.

It will be just wait :slight_smile:

One would only hope. I don’t care what people say but it is the biggest thing that makes HALO.

Gun battles come down to: strafing, out positioning and jumping at that exact moment to cause a missed headshot.

Regardless of what 343i decides to do it is a lose lose situation.

if they listen to the fans who hate sprint, which appears to be the majority then you will have a game that was built around a feature that no longer exists.

if they leave sprint in, well… Then you have sprint and that is obviously a loss as well.

Everyone, myself included, just needs to accept that we will never see another “core” Halo game. If you couldn’t tell already based off of Microsoft slapping Halos brand on things like megabloks, -Yoink- shows like nightfall etc… Halo as a brand will thrive for many years, but Halo the game many of us grew to love is long gone.

> 2533274877787326;3:
> > 2533274805230315;2:
> > It should be removed, but I doubt it.
>
>
>
>
> It will be just wait :slight_smile:

If you didn’t know people have been discussing “Sprint” since Halo Reach and have wanted it’s removal since.

343 has other things to pull stats from now though, as MCC.

They also had an argument for sprint which was “We released Halo Reach and Halo 4 with sprint, people expect sprint”.

As they released MCC that argument kind of goes out the window, especially with no Halo 4 playlist. Now people except no sprint.

> 2533274818739657;5:
> Regardless of what 343i decides to do it is a lose lose situation.
>
> if they listen to the fans who hate sprint, which appears to be the majority then you will have a game that was built around a feature that no longer exists.
>
> if they leave sprint in, well… Then you have sprint and that is obviously a loss as well.
>
> Everyone, myself included, just needs to accept that we will never see another “core” Halo game. If you couldn’t tell already based off of Microsoft slapping Halos brand on things like megabloks, -Yoink- shows like nightfall etc… Halo as a brand will thrive for many years, but Halo the game many of us grew to love is long gone.

I pretty sure the game will work A LOT BETTER WITH 120% movement speed instead.

Things got altered in MLG Reach and the game didn’t play worse, it played better. You put too much thought into what things are designed around: Sometimes glitches get’s made into features, as well as modyfications being more popular than the original game, even though it wasn’t designed for that.

> 2533274818739657;5:
> Regardless of what 343i decides to do it is a lose lose situation.
>
> if they listen to the fans who hate sprint, which appears to be the majority then you will have a game that was built around a feature that no longer exists.
>
> if they leave sprint in, well… Then you have sprint and that is obviously a loss as well.
>
> Everyone, myself included, just needs to accept that we will never see another “core” Halo game. If you couldn’t tell already based off of Microsoft slapping Halos brand on things like megabloks, -Yoink- shows like nightfall etc… Halo as a brand will thrive for many years, but Halo the game many of us grew to love is long gone.

Lol then they should scrap the game and start over so they can remove the features of the game that required and centered around sprint they can also remove thruster ground pound and clamber while there at it

Games evolve, why not try to get used it instead of -Yoinking!- about it.

It won’t be removed I can guarantee it.

I have played this game from the beginning and yes how I love all the old games with no sprint and no abilities with only overshield and InVis, but a game needs to change and evolve with time, or else you just have the same game with a different story and different maps.

> 2533274823020327;9:
> Games evolve, why not try to get used it instead of -Yoinking!- about it.
>
> It won’t be removed I can guarantee it.
>
> I have played this game from the beginning and yes how I love all the old games with no sprint and no abilities with only overshield and InVis, but a game needs to change and evolve with time, or else you just have the same game with a different story and different maps.

Sprint in Halo isn’t evolution, Halo never need sprint. All sprint does for Halo is artificially increase the size of maps for no good reason.

Halo CAN change, but it doesn’t have to change into something it was never designed around in the first place.

> 2533274877787326;1:
> From what I’ve read, seen on polls and videos it appears like 80% of players want sprint removed so if u like sprint enjoy it while it lasts…

You’re deluding yourself dude. Sprint absolutely 122% will not be removed. The money spent on art, animations, labor, time etc. is already gone. They will not remove it and we’ve already had 3 Halo games with sprint included. Just grow up and deal.

Just because you think you’re a special little snowflake and your entitlement issues make you think that 343i has to cater to your ill-conceived notions on how Halo has to be developed, does not at all mean that it will be developed in that direction.

In short Sprint + Halo = HERE TO STAY, GET OVER IT.If you can’t get over it, good news! You can play Halo the way you love it in The Master Chief Collection!

If that’s not good enough, you can always contact -Yoink!- about indie development opportunity, they’d possibly back you to build Halo the way you think it needs to be designed. We’ll see just how well that markets.

(Too lazy to re-write entire post so I’ll just copy past from a different thread. Same message applies anyway)

they should scrap the game,

I honestly don’t believe it takes all that long to design / re-design maps.
Charge could just be re-designed to require thrusts instead of sprint.
Slide would be a bit awkward without sprint but it’s not like it needs sprint.
Though it’s not like anyone uses those two abilities anyways.

Anyways, I doubt it will be removed.

Why would they remove it now? The majority of the fanbase has hated sprint since reach and its still here three games later.
343i doesn’t care about the about the community, were not who their targeting with these games, deal with it or move on.

Don’t count on it. To take Sprint out, every map would have to be reworked to incorporate the new base speed of spartans. That is a hell of a lot of work that won’t be possible in the short time span available.

I suggest making sprint an option you can turn on and off in game options so you can have it, or not when you play customs.

> 2533274841735994;15:
> Don’t count on it. To take Sprint out, every map would have to be reworked to incorporate the new base speed of spartans. That is a hell of a lot of work that won’t be possible in the short time span available.
>
> I suggest making sprint an option you can turn on and off in game options so you can have it, or not when you play customs.

Nah it wouldn’t, i play without using sprint, just use thrusters…and the maps play absolutely fine without it

Sprint won’t be getting removed if its already this far into development with release less than a year away. Redesigning the maps alone would take more time they have, because they can’t just shrink them… Which is good, because I love sprint in the game and can’t wait for this release.

If they remove it, which I doubt, I’m going to buy both the standard and limited editions like I did with the other Halo games.

This poll, from Beyond’s competitive forums, supports you claim.

Wouldnt it just be easier to ask for a multiplayer mode that doesnt hav sprint. Like have one thing saying multiplayer and another saying classic multiplayer. Idk but something like that sounds cool.

You want to put some money on that bet? Seriously though. even if you don’t like it, sprint is a core mechanic now. It ties into two other abilities… Its not getting removed. And seeing how the community is divided on the subject its very unlikely that people saying it should be removed is going to do anything.