I bet I know why people don't like/play...

People who are on the fence about coming back to Halo 4 probably see this forum and only see negative threads and decide it’s not good to return, despite a lot of people liking halo 4. There are even people on other forums who point out how Halo’s community is full of negative elitist. People should praise Halo 4 for what it did right to attract people, not point out what didn’t come out right and scare people away.

Why exactly should people “praise” Halo 4?

Or because the game isn’t the greatest. Yeah, that’s probably it.

I’m still trying to figure out what they did right.

nobody I know likes it. and this is pure because 343 are too -Yoink!- cheap to invest in a Dedicated Server or simply put the Custom Games normal

Too bad for them. I’ll just mod my xbox and torrent Halo 5. In the state H4 is, H5 is not worth the money. I’ll only go play it for the campaign, if that at least is a little decent

Sounds far fetched. I mean, when I need to know about something, the last thing I’ll trust is some random internet forum. Besides, most people still play what their friends play, and get a bulk of their information from their friends. In terms of Halo, it means that in a group of people the opinion of the most influential person will dictate the opinions of the rest.

> Sounds far fetched. I mean, when I need to know about something, the last thing I’ll trust is some random internet forum. Besides, most people still play what their friends play, and get a bulk of their information from their friends. <mark>In terms of Halo, it means that in a group of people the opinion of the most influential person will dictate the opinions of the rest.</mark>

Pretty much this, I know I’ve told a few mates not to buy Halo 4 until the game is properly fixed.

> I’m still trying to figure out what they did right.

Compared to H3? Very little.
Compared to Reach? A lot.

> Or because the game isn’t the greatest. Yeah, that’s probably it.

> > Sounds far fetched. I mean, when I need to know about something, the last thing I’ll trust is some random internet forum. Besides, most people still play what their friends play, and get a bulk of their information from their friends. <mark>In terms of Halo, it means that in a group of people the opinion of the most influential person will dictate the opinions of the rest.</mark>
>
> Pretty much this, I know I’ve told a few mates not to buy Halo 4 until the game is properly fixed.

And I have probably given all my friends a very negative view on Halo 4. The truth is, they would probably be very likely to like it if they just bought the game with no presumptions. They’re not like me. As a matter of fact, I have many times joked with a friend of mine that he would probably still be happily playing Halo, hadn’t I ruined all the fun. Sadly, I think it might have some truth to it.

But that’s how it goes. That’s why you could probably make the claim that satisfying the hardcore fans is very important. They are the ones who will convince the people who are indifferent to either buy or not to buy the game.

> People who are on the fence about coming back to Halo 4 probably see this forum and only see negative threads and decide it’s not good to return, despite a lot of people liking halo 4. There are even people on other forums who point out how Halo’s community is full of negative elitist. <mark>People should praise Halo 4 for what it did right to attract people</mark>, not point out what didn’t come out right and scare people away.

Nope. That sounds like you want to trick people into playing this game by telling them a few good things about it and omitting the many things that are wrong.
I’m glad you like the game. I don’t. And when I don’t like a game I don’t try to get others to play it. Just like when I don’t approve of someone’s work ethic, I don’t refer them for a job.

I met 95 out of 100 friends on my list playing H2 and H3. Those people lived and breathed halo. We’re all scattered around other games now. Maybe once in awhile I see the one person on H4. My current halo 3 partner sees the exact same thing with his friends list.

Visible ranks excite me and I’ll never buy another halo game without them. No ranks to me is like having a fridge with no freezer, or vice versa. Aside from ranks, I’m definitely not a fan of the Reach/COD style that seems to be the new wave. Thanks but I’ll pass.

I highly doubt that the reason people have stopped playing Halo 4 is because of the negativity on forums, that just doesn’t sound right to me.

I can’t think of anyone who would stop playing Halo 4 even though they liked it, just because some people online said they didn’t like it.

Why would an average video gamer go on a forum to make a decision on whether it’s good or not?

My best friend is somewhat a casual gamer in that he plays multiple games on multiple platforms. The only halos hes ever played are 3, odst, and a rare occasion of reach. We both got halo 4 and both disliked it. He said it wasnt as good as halo 3, and I think it feels too much like another generic fps for a halo game. Theres plenty of other balancing and gameplay problems too.

As much as I think a healthy population helps me enjoy a game more, dishonesty doesn’t help anyone.

> Sounds far fetched. I mean, when I need to know about something, the last thing I’ll trust is some random internet forum.

Alittle random, but I wish game reviews were like this, word of mouth instead of looking to the internet for information. While it may seem far fetched for people to actually believe or trust into the knowledge of people on the forum, we seen the same issue in game reviews in which reviewers put out game reviews where people put there trust into games that get a good review (which is very frequent).

I like halo 4 a lot for its excellent balanace and gameplay, superb graphics, radical improvement from previous titles, and overall great entertainment.

> > Or because the game isn’t the greatest. Yeah, that’s probably it.

OP, the halo waypoint forums are just full of negative people who are still suffering from buyer’s remorse. Halo 4 is a great game, and to this day i still enjoy it every day. I don’t know why people even talk trash about this game, YET they still sit here, in the Halo 4 section of the forums and complain, complain, and did i say complain? It’s ridiculous. Look at the 1st comment here on this very thread. It only proves that these forums are ridiculously negative.

And for the monitor who posted on here above, I do trust other forums on the internet. What are those sites called? Halo cartographers and stuff like that, or whatever those are called. Honestly, all i ever see is postive stuff, I rarely see people ripping on Halo 4. They should all come on these forums… or maybe they’re avoiding them because of the negativity?

Try posting something postive about halo 4. $100 says people will start ripping on your idea or conversation.