I bet 343 wish they could take this back...

THIS

I see this pop up in multiple posts in this forum and never in a good way.

I really think 343 shot themselves in the foot with this one.

anyone else agree?

Nope, because people overreacted, and because people will grasp at whatever straws they can find to hate on/demonize 343I.

> Nope, because people overreacted, and because people will grasp at whatever straws they can find to hate on/demonize 343I.

you don’t feel just a little insulted about that picture??? because as a long time Halo fan who has always said Halo takes more skill than CoD I find that very offensive.

People just overreact.

> > Nope, because people overreacted, and because people will grasp at whatever straws they can find to hate on/demonize 343I.
>
> you don’t feel just a little insulted about that picture??? because as a long time Halo fan who has always said Halo takes more skill than CoD I find that very offensive.

I really dont find it offensive. I however dont like what it stands for to be quite honest.

Making a game more accessible is all well and good. But the manner in which 343 went about it is where I find fault. To them making it more open to people meant dumbing it down and lowering the skill gap.

The image in of its self isnt all bad. Just the manner in which they went about making it happen is what is bad.

> you don’t feel just a little insulted about that picture???

From a gameplay perspective, no. They need to make Halo more accessible to attract new players. It’s just being honest. The console market is extremely casual at the moment.

From a political correctness perspective, still no. It’s NOT relevant to disabled people at all, it’s NOT saying disabled people are stupid or any of the -Yoink- people on these forums make up. It’s just utilizing an analogy based on the accessibility symbol.

> People just overreact.

wats with all the 343 fanboys tonight… like damn… this just shows me that 343 really did mess up with this if the fan boys all rush in here to defend them lol.

> The only people who should be offended by that image are the disabled. And as a disabled person I’m not offended, the people that seem to be offended are the “politically correct” people and people that will find the smallest thing to complain about.

Why would any disabled people complain about that picture? If I were in a wheelchair I’d think it would be awesome to get MJOLNIR armor because of it.

All it does is mock the Halo community by saying they all want the game to be easier because they’re bad at it and hate a challenge. I find that pretty irritating from some new developers that got handed the videogame/Sci-Fi franchise of my childhood.

i believe this new 20 dollar bill from gamestop in my pocket speaks for itself. Grant it, it’s not the 60 bucks that i spent but im still happy to get something back.

Whats worse, it also went back with colonial marines :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean for gods sake they put Master Chief in a wheel chair… a friggin wheelchair… in what twisted universe does MC roll in a wheelchair???

> I mean for gods sake they put Master Chief in a wheel chair… a friggin wheelchair… in what twisted universe does MC roll in a wheelchair???

Well I see a Spartan in a wheelchair, what make’s you say it’s MC haha?

> > People just overreact.
>
> wats with all the 343 fanboys tonight… like damn… this just shows me that 343 really did mess up with this if the fan boys all rush in here to defend them lol.

Wow. So just saying “people just overreacted” now makes them complete fanboys?
How did you come to this absolute and accurate analysis?

While I do not believe that picture was the right choice for expressing their wants for their game, I did not find myself offended by it.

I locked this thread as there is already a huge thread to post and discuss GDC and associated images.

Thread link for discussing GDC