I believe the Light Rifle is 4sk

Yea i beleive the Light rifle is 4sk because it reminds me of the Halo 2 e3 build BR and its 3shot burst and single shot scoped fired. Frank also mentioned it being the most similar to the BR. So thats what i guess to expect.

Is the Light Rifle the one that had a charged shot while zoomed in?
OH nevermind, I hope it is 4sk.

Just because frank said it was similar to the BR doesn’t mean it will be 4sk, all the other precisions are 5sk. He just meant that it was similar because of the burst.

I doubt it. Given what we know about the light Rifle and the sandbox at large I am betting on a 6 shot kill. Since 343 changed the DMR from a 15 round to a 14 round magazine I doubt any primary loadout weapon weapons will be able to get more than 2 perfect kills.

From the E3 gameplay the Light Rifle had a 15 shot capacity plus it seems to have a slightly higher rate of fire than the DMR would likely put it at a 6 shot

It’s kinda of hard to tell since it can alternate fire. I say it will be a 5sk though.

> It’s kinda of hard to tell since it can alternate fire. I say it will be a 5sk though.

Yeah suppose it depends how you are firing.

> I doubt it. Given what we know about the light Rifle and the sandbox at large I am betting on a 6 shot kill. Since 343 changed the DMR from a 15 round to a 14 round magazine I doubt any primary loadout weapon weapons will be able to get more than 2 perfect kills.
>
> From the E3 gameplay the Light Rifle had a 15 shot capacity plus it seems to have a slightly higher rate of fire than the DMR would likely put it at a 6 shot

6sk and a triple round burst equals 18shots out of 15bullet, Which doesnt add up. 4sk and triple shot equal 12 shots out of 15 which actually makes sense.

> > I doubt it. Given what we know about the light Rifle and the sandbox at large I am betting on a 6 shot kill. Since 343 changed the DMR from a 15 round to a 14 round magazine I doubt any primary loadout weapon weapons will be able to get more than 2 perfect kills.
> >
> > From the E3 gameplay the Light Rifle had a 15 shot capacity plus it seems to have a slightly higher rate of fire than the DMR would likely put it at a 6 shot
>
> 6sk and a triple round burst equals 18shots out of 15bullet, Which doesnt add up. 4sk and triple shot equal 12 shots out of 15 which actually makes sense.

Was the amount of the burst ever confirmed to be 3, I’m thinking its actually 2

> > > I doubt it. Given what we know about the light Rifle and the sandbox at large I am betting on a 6 shot kill. Since 343 changed the DMR from a 15 round to a 14 round magazine I doubt any primary loadout weapon weapons will be able to get more than 2 perfect kills.
> > >
> > > From the E3 gameplay the Light Rifle had a 15 shot capacity plus it seems to have a slightly higher rate of fire than the DMR would likely put it at a 6 shot
> >
> > 6sk and a triple round burst equals 18shots out of 15bullet, Which doesnt add up. 4sk and triple shot equal 12 shots out of 15 which actually makes sense.
>
> Was the amount of the burst ever confirmed to be 3, I’m thinking its actually 2

It will still be hard to tell since it can burst and single shot if its a 4sk or can go up to a 6sk.

> > I doubt it. Given what we know about the light Rifle and the sandbox at large I am betting on a 6 shot kill. Since 343 changed the DMR from a 15 round to a 14 round magazine I doubt any primary loadout weapon weapons will be able to get more than 2 perfect kills.
> >
> > From the E3 gameplay the Light Rifle had a 15 shot capacity plus it seems to have a slightly higher rate of fire than the DMR would likely put it at a 6 shot
>
> 6sk and a triple round burst equals 18shots out of 15bullet, Which doesnt add up. 4sk and triple shot equal 12 shots out of 15 which actually makes sense.

Based on the gameplay the “Burst” uses up the same amount of ammo as the single shot. It is not a true Burst weapon like the BR is.

> > > I doubt it. Given what we know about the light Rifle and the sandbox at large I am betting on a 6 shot kill. Since 343 changed the DMR from a 15 round to a 14 round magazine I doubt any primary loadout weapon weapons will be able to get more than 2 perfect kills.
> > >
> > > From the E3 gameplay the Light Rifle had a 15 shot capacity plus it seems to have a slightly higher rate of fire than the DMR would likely put it at a 6 shot
> >
> > 6sk and a triple round burst equals 18shots out of 15bullet, Which doesnt add up. 4sk and triple shot equal 12 shots out of 15 which actually makes sense.
>
> Was the amount of the burst ever confirmed to be 3, I’m thinking its actually 2

Yes actually i have a LINK too. Triple shot from the hip, Single scoped.

> > >
> >
>
> Based on the gameplay the “Burst” uses up the same amount of ammo as the single shot. It is not a true Burst weapon like the BR is.

Thats different, and if that were the case it would more then likly fluxuate between 5sk and 6sk.

> > >
> >
>
> Based on the gameplay the “Burst” uses up the same amount of ammo as the single shot. It is not a true Burst weapon like the BR is.

The demo didnt even have the triple shot function, so it might not even be in the Campaign demo, but we know its a loadout weapon with 2 select fire modes.

> I doubt it. Given what we know about the light Rifle and the sandbox at large I am betting on a 6 shot kill. Since 343 changed the DMR from a 15 round to a 14 round magazine I doubt any primary loadout weapon weapons will be able to get more than 2 perfect kills.
>
> From the E3 gameplay the Light Rifle had a 15 shot capacity plus it seems to have a <mark>slightly higher rate of fire than the DMR</mark> would likely put it at a 6 shot

Looked slower to me with the recoil.

> >
> > From the E3 gameplay the Light Rifle had a 15 shot capacity plus it seems to have a <mark>slightly higher rate of fire than the DMR</mark> would likely put it at a 6 shot
>
> Looked slower to me with the recoil.

From what I saw the unscoped shots were slightly faster than the DMR rof, specifically when he was chasing the Watcher. Also what does recoil have to do with rate of fire?

Semantics.
A shot is a shot. When players speak of the BR they speak of its burst shot and not its 3 bullets per shot.

When a player shoots a BR, 3 rounds are used up, unless of course you swap weapons or melee mid-shot. A BR says it carries 36 bullets but really it carries 12 shots.

The Light Rifle has a no-scoped elongated firing stream and a single-shot scoped shot. That means when firing un-zoomed, the single shot is treated like a damage-over-time shot that damages players similarly to the BR’s 3 round burst. When fired zoomed the LR doesn’t fire a damage-over-time shot, it fires a single-hit punch.

The difference between the 2 is in how they eat up their ammo, but not how they expel their ammo… Ok spread potential and bullet magnetism are different too and they effect expulsion.
The H4BR has vertical spread (0 horizontal) due to its recoil and 3-round burst nature, the LR likely has none. The reason for less magnetism will soon follow.
The BR is so described by Frankie as being easier to use than the LR. This is likely due to the LR being more precise than the BR because it doesn’t spread its unzoomed shot. Furthermore, the the LR’s zoomed shot is a shot, not a burst, and this allows the LR to be more precise at long range than the BR, and it lets the LR hit all its power at once. This difference “demands” less magnetism on the LR because with BR-levels of magnetism, it would clearly outplay the BR instead of requiring experience and skill.
Really the LR’s power is in its ranged use but its elongated steam when unscoped makes it a capable weapon at any range, just with requirements of more finesse and nuance in the shorter ranges (better tracking ability with the reticle, both speed and accuracy)

If players are looking for a skilled utility that not everyone can use, the LR is it. If players are looking for a utility weapon that’s great to use no matter the skill, the BR is it.

And yes I do think the LR will be a 4SK at a time longer than the DMR but shorter than the BR.

> > Based on the gameplay the “Burst” uses up the same amount of ammo as the single shot. It is not a true Burst weapon like the BR is.
>
> Semantics.
> A shot is a shot. When players speak of the BR they speak of it’s burst shot and not it’s 3 bullets per shot.
>
> When a player shoots a BR, 3 rounds are used up, unless of course you swap weapons or melee mid-shot. A BR says it carries 36 bullets but really it carries 12 shots.
>
> The Light Rifle has a no-scoped elongated firing stream and a single-hot scoped firing shot. That means when firing un-zoomed, the single shot is treated like a damage-over-time shot that damages players similarly to the BR’s 3 round burst. When fired zoomed the LR doesn’t fire a damage-over-time shot, it fires a single-hit punch.
>
> The difference between the 2 is in how they eat up their ammo, but not how they expel their ammo… Ok spread potential and bullet magnetism are different too and they effect expulsion.
> The H4BR has vertical spread (0 horizontal) due to its recoil and 3-round burst nature, the LR likely has none. The reason for less magnetism will soon follow.
> The BR is so described by Frankie as being easier to use than the LR. This is likely due to the LR being more precise than the BR because it doesn’t spread its unzoomed shot. Furthermore, the the LR’s zoomed shot is a shot, not a burst, and this allows the LR to be more precise at long range than the BR.
> S
>
> If players are looking for a skilled utility that not everyone can use, the LR is it. If players are looking for a utility weapon that’s great to use no matter the skill, the BR is it.

I don’t disagree. I was simply letting the OP know that the Burst doesn’t actually use up any more ammo than the single shot. He seemed to be thinking along the lines of the E3 BR demo but in the Light Rifles case it appears to be more window dressing than anything else.

> I don’t disagree. I was simply letting the OP know that the Burst doesn’t actually use up any more ammo than the single shot. He seemed to be thinking along the lines of the E3 BR demo but in the Light Rifles case it appears to be more window dressing than anything else.

:slight_smile: Ahhh, then I believe we all clear then.
With the UNSC armoury revelation, it does appear that fan service is on the table.
As it stands, yes there are tier levels of weapons that will effect gameplay at higher levels, but what pleases me is that unlike the H2 post-TU with button combo discovery and H3BR’s dominance over the non-powerweapons, there is a diverse selection of weapon-types that will allow for a CE like experience.
By that I mean, yes there is going to be a best rifle, a best fullauto, a best shotgun-type, etc, and at higher levels most of the sandbox will be not so useful in the context of the meta-game. But the way the weapons seem to be made, at least every weapon-type will be useful instead of fodder for the one precision weapon.

> > I don’t disagree. I was simply letting the OP know that the Burst doesn’t actually use up any more ammo than the single shot. He seemed to be thinking along the lines of the E3 BR demo but in the Light Rifles case it appears to be more window dressing than anything else.
>
> :slight_smile: Ahhh, then I believe we all clear then.
> With the UNSC armoury revelation, it does appear that fan service is on the table.
> As it stands, yes there are tier levels of weapons that will effect gameplay at higher levels, but what pleases me is that unlike the H2 post-TU with button combo discovery and H3BR’s dominance over the non-powerweapons, there is a diverse selection of weapon-types that will allow for a CE like experience.
> By that I mean, yes there is going to be a best rifle, a best fullauto, a best shotgun-type, etc, and at higher levels most of the sandbox will be not so useful in the context of the meta-game. But the way the weapons seem to be made, at least every weapon-type will be useful instead of fodder for the one precision weapon.

Hopefully not just in multiplayer, but in Campaign and Spartan Ops as well. The BR/DMR were not only dominant in multiplayer, but they were dominant in the campaign of Halo 2, Halo 3, and Reach. I felt like I could use any weapon without gimping myself in CE campaign. Each weapon had a use and the only game tat was close to CE since then is ODST.

As for the Light Rifle I would figure it will fall between the DMR and the BR/Carbine in terms of effective range.

> > > I don’t disagree. I was simply letting the OP know that the Burst doesn’t actually use up any more ammo than the single shot. He seemed to be thinking along the lines of the E3 BR demo but in the Light Rifles case it appears to be more window dressing than anything else.
> >
> > :slight_smile: Ahhh, then I believe we all clear then.
> > With the UNSC armoury revelation, it does appear that fan service is on the table.
> > As it stands, yes there are tier levels of weapons that will effect gameplay at higher levels, but what pleases me is that unlike the H2 post-TU with button combo discovery and H3BR’s dominance over the non-powerweapons, there is a diverse selection of weapon-types that will allow for a CE like experience.
> > By that I mean, yes there is going to be a best rifle, a best fullauto, a best shotgun-type, etc, and at higher levels most of the sandbox will be not so useful in the context of the meta-game. But the way the weapons seem to be made, at least every weapon-type will be useful instead of fodder for the one precision weapon.
>
> Hopefully not just in multiplayer, but in Campaign and Spartan Ops as well. The BR/DMR were not only dominant in multiplayer, but they were dominant in the campaign of Halo 2, Halo 3, and Reach. I felt like I could use any weapon without gimping myself in CE campaign. Each weapon had a use and the only game tat was close to CE since then is ODST.
>
> <mark>As for the Light Rifle I would figure it will fall between the DMR and the BR/Carbine in terms of effective range.</mark>

I say your probably right on that. We will have to wait and see.