I am the featured /r/halo streamer, I h8 h4.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Random weapon spawns, random join in progress, random ordinances, invisible ranking systems, no punishment for leaving, maps that are more tailored towards 8v8 instead of Halo’s traditional 4v4/2v2 format, call of duty type classes, call of duty type casual infrastructure, unfinished forge, unfinished ranking system, instant respawn.

This is what Halo 4 is to me.

343 if you even read this (I know you don’t because you can’t even implement the “X” system with changing it and failing) you are single handily one of the most out of touch gaming companies I have ever seen, you have a huge budget, an enormous studio and a community that tried to help you see what was wrong, over and over again. You don’t interact with the community, and when you do you ignore what really matters. Competitive players came through upon release saying how this game would fail and it did. You are now behind Nba2k-Insert-number-here and MW3 in xbox live playtime because this game sucks that much. I’ve bought every Halo since CE, never again 343.

I loved halo, I wanted to stream it all the time and compete in it. I have to scale my stream back and all but cut your game out because it is so shallow and -Yoink- that I can’t even provide strategy for it. It’s like trying to coach Monopoly.

So congratulations, I’ve been pretty quiet for the most part as I watched you promise change after change. It’s all too little, and too fail too late. You had a huge identity in the Halo franchise, you all wanted to change and manipulate the formula and mold it into CoD. You’ve done that, and CoD is better at being CoD… imagine that?

Sincerely, a lifelong Halo fan, participating in tournaments and lans supporting the growth of this game for years. I will no longer be buying these games.

I am just pissed about no Race and the garbage custom game options.

> Sincerely, a lifelong time Halo fan, participating in tournaments and lans supporting the growth of this game for years. I will no longer be buying these games.

Gears of War Judgements is going to add small maps in their future DLCs.

It seems like Gears is the only (semi)competetive xbox game out there now, and that is where you will be seeing me.

If you don’t mind, may I ask what your gamertag/Stream channel is? I watch streams quite often.

> I am just pissed about no Race and the garbage custom game options.

I’m disappointed with nearly everything. So much was taken out that was just not needed and most of what was left over was bastardised.

343 has lost this customer. There is no way I am wasting money on Halo 5.

I’ll buy a few copies of Halo 5. Halo is still fun for me and I enjoy it quite often. I have a feeling 343i (as a new studio that they are) have gone through some growing pains and will focus better on the next game.

Anyone who expected their very first AAA game to be perfect is kidding themselves.

We can only hope that 343i learns from their mistakes in Halo 5. Halo 4 is not the game we all want and it won’t change till halo 5.

Harsh, but it needed to be said and we* are all thinking it.

*Disgruntled halo fans.

> Anyone who expected their very first AAA game to be perfect is kidding themselves.

It’s not even their first, they have tons of feedback to go on, and no one is expecting perfection, they are expecting the minimum quality of previous entries.

> Harsh, but it needed to be said and we* are all thinking it.
>
> *Disgruntled halo fans.
>
>
>
> > Anyone who expected their very first AAA game to be perfect is kidding themselves.
>
> It’s not even their first, they have tons of feedback to go on, and no one is expecting perfection, they are expecting the minimum quality of previous entries.

I personally think it has minimum quality at the least. Great single player campaign, lots of co-op content, good working forge, wonderful cutscenes, a decent multiplayer.

Sure it has some features missing, but it’s not a bad game. Worth every penny and then some.

I know this is technically off topic but I honestly think that the “oh its there first game” is the biggest fanboy excuse

note:this isnt meant to flame anyone

I’m disappointed too. Mainly because of the way all these new features were implemented. A better way would have been:
AAs on map
Power weapons on map
Power ups through ordnance
Forced loadouts with various perk combinations
Also a regular Team Slayer would have “saved” this game.

My question for people like you is why dont you promote Team Throwdown, Team Dbls, Team Snipers? All these “competitive” fans yet the traditional(sort of) playlists are the least played.
I know you’ll have some excuse like “its not the same”, or “they failed at that too”.
However I dont know where 343 is going with Halo. I dont trust them to deliver an arena shooter(fair,balanced,skilled,team based) with Halo 5.

I dont trust you 343…

TBH the only reason I switched to the Xbox was because I loved Bioshock (now available on the Playstation as well) Gears (a shell of it’s former self) and Halo (same as Gears). It’s looking more and more like I’ll be switching back to a Playstation for my next gen console.

I wish 343 would tell us if this “new” halo is here to stay. Then I could just move on. Not that I haven’t already, bought Skyrim for the computer a couple months ago, absolutely incredible.

> It’s not even their first, they have tons of feedback to go on, and no one is expecting perfection, they are expecting the minimum quality of previous entries.

Which the minimum, funnily enough, seems to be FPS perfection. Because that’s what Bungie had. Well, until Reach but even then, it was pretty complete, feature wise.

Anyone who expects even Reach quality from 343 as a start-up studio, no matter how much talent they have, is incredibly out of touch with what goes into making a AAA title. For what they had to work with and what they have now, they’re doing a great job and I don’t care what anyone says. I’ve looked, seen, and heard and that’s my verdict. And, not to brag, but my verdicts are usually correct.

Has 343 made some mistakes? Absolutely. Are they trying to fix them? More than you know. The fact is, if you want a Halo game that’s at least Reach quality, you will just have to wait. 343 cannot grant you everything in an instant. You guys can come on here and tell us how 343 has supposedly stabbed you all in the back or whatever, but the smarter people know otherwise. If you don’t have any patience for 343 then get out of the car and hit the bricks. Simple as that.