I am scared to play reach!

Im scared to play reach! I am scared loose my skills, my aim, the way i strafe, and the way i think when i play reach. This is 1 of the many reasons i dont play it. My friends, or players who where usually as good as me when they played halo 3 get completely destroyed by me now. 343, make a playlist that can compete with the competitiveness of halo 3, or better, let the skill gap increase even more.

> Im scared to play reach! I am scared loose my skills, my aim, the way i strafe, and the way i think when i play reach. This 1 of the many reasons i dont play it. My friends, or players who where usually as good as me when they played halo 3 get completely destroyed by me now. 343, make a playlist that can compete with the competitiveness of halo 3, or better, let the skill gap increase even more.

I played reach for a year then went back to play H3. I got destroyed. It’s a much harder game. way bigger skill-gap.

> > Im scared to play reach! I am scared loose my skills, my aim, the way i strafe, and the way i think when i play reach. This 1 of the many reasons i dont play it. My friends, or players who where usually as good as me when they played halo 3 get completely destroyed by me now. 343, make a playlist that can compete with the competitiveness of halo 3, or better, let the skill gap increase even more.
>
> I played reach for a year then went back to play H3. I got destroyed. It’s a much harder game. way bigger skill-gap.

Really? I played Reach then went back and played H3 for a little bit and I did fine.

That’s because although they are both Halo games, they play differently. I don’t think Reach makes you worse, just different. I doubt that Halo 3 skill and Reach skill will carry over all that differently to Halo 4.

It’s your choice, play whatever you want.

I doubt so, with the big aim assist, and slow movement speed + bloom, i think halo 3 requires a bit more skill. Aa’s does not need to take away skill used in the correct contex though.

I really want to play reach, but as i said … im scared.

You’re not going to “lose” any skill, but do to both the relative ease of Reach gameplay and the lack of a hardcore competitive community, you won’t get any better.

I think it is less of a question of Halo 3 requiring more skill than it is a question of type of play style and strategy. Not all games require the same set of skills to play well.

Gameplay always changes, you either go along with it or get stuck with the old.

to be fair…the skill gap in both HR and H3 are low…

Scared to play it? Don’t play it.

I don’t play it, why would I? I don’t want to play it. Sounds simple to me: play H3 if you don’t want to play Reach.

In all fairness though, you should probably play Reach before you ask for a change.

Since Reach has come out Reach has been pretty much the only halo game I’ve played (I don’t like it that much, but I used to play ODST and 3 so much that they’ve gotten pretty boring for me). Anyways from time to time I go back and play a few games in 3 and, to be honest, in general I have completely crushed everybody that’s not on my team. I’ve played maybe 10-20 games max in 3 since Reach came out, and I’ve gotten 2 perfections, an Untouchable, a bunch of Triple kills and stuff, and just generally good statistics in every game that I’ve played. Ironically, it seems that playing Reach has made me better at Halo 3

I played Reach for a good ammout of that from Halo 3 that i came back to it, It was hard to stay possative… Really hard… Big skill gap from Reach to Halo 3.

Learning how to spam and abusing it > over aiming skill in Reach. Bullet magnetism takes a lot of the skill out of aiming.

In Halo 3 you had to lead your shots which could be a nightmare on a bad connection and the BR’s spread was lousy.

It’s a matter of what type of turd you prefer more.

I play Halo 2 Vista more as it is more consistent and I can instantly join a match without having to wait only to have a terrible game due to a bad host.

I’m hoping that the TU will increase the skill gap.

I had never played H3 matchmaking before (Yeah, I’m one of those people where the first Halo game I’ve owned is Reach), and I just wanted to see what it was like. So, I popped in the disk that came with ODST, and played a few games! Although it took a little bit to get adjusted, I did fine!

> I hoping that the TU will increase the skill gap.

I’m almost positive that the next AA on the hitlist after this TU will be Jet Pack.