I am horrible at this game.. Need help

Ok,

I’ve come to the realization that I am very bad at this game. I die way too much and quickly at that. I lose 9 out of 10 1v 1s and I lose almost every game.

I want to blame it on lag or connection but I think I come to realization that I won’t get any better than my current playing ability… Sup par. I watch these games in theatre and am shocked how easily I die with little effort from the enemy but they eat my shots and grenades as if it was candy. 2 shot Melees seem to never work for me either. I feel I am at such a disadvantage on this game

Things I’ve done. Changes sensitivity, changes controller layout, switched up playlist, played with friends, reset the Internet connection, changed load outs. I’ve done everything I can think of…

I classify my self as a above average player but my performance says otherwise. I just can’t figure out how it takes so much effort for me to finish someone off. It’s so frustrating. So this is what I am requesting.

I’m looking for someone who considers themselves a very good player to help train me. I feel I need outside help to figure out how to improve my skill. If anyone would like to help I’m welcome to any criticism dice I font have anything good to counter it… Message me here or xblive.

Thank. You

Now before I say anything, I’d like to point out I’m no “Halo God” by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyway, I recommend playing some Octagon as a warmup. If you don’t know what octagon is, it’s essentially a small octognal shaped arena built out of 4x4 walls or wall doubles. There’s no cover and no hiding, it’s just a way to boost your aiming, strafing, jumping, no-scoping and grenading.

Basically, take one friend and play a few rounds of octagon with default pre-set classes (something like [insert any precision weapon here] as a primary, sniper secondary and grenades) to get a good warmup.

After that, play a round or two and see how well you do. Other than that, just practice practice practice.

Here’s a Reach video of Octagon. I couldn’t find a Halo 4 one (that was the right size) so you may have to make it yourself.

The thing about Halo 4 is that you die pretty quickly if the enemy has you in their sight.

I seem to be either great or horrible each match. Sometimes I go 20+ on Slayer, sometimes I end up with a .1 KD. I think a part of it just depends on who has better reflexes, and there are a lot of people who’ve been playing this game every day since launch.

Halo is no longer a skill based game, so if you claim to not be good at it then maybe find a different shooter or genre? Assassin’s Creed 2/Crackdown were free, if you got them downloaded they are both good chillout games :slight_smile:

Hang on, your K/D is 1.63, that’s hardly “horrible” by any stretch.

Your stats aren’t bad. Your K/D is 1.4-1.5, so I’d say you are doing better than a lot (including myself). I feel you though. Sometimes it gets so frustrating when everyone around you just BARELY out BR’s you. It happens to me in the playlists I am ranked higher in (makes sense), so I try to hone my skills in other playlists. Good luck to you!

> I watch these games in theatre and am shocked how easily I die with little effort from the enemy but they eat my shots and grenades as if it was candy. 2 shot Melees seem to never work for me either. I feel I am at such a disadvantage on this game

Your stats aren’t bad. CSR 42 in Regicide and 40 in Flood, which are individual-ranked playlists; 1.6 K/D; and win/loss of 60%. You’re a pretty good player.

I have this problem a lot too. My problem is that I can’t get perfect aim–for example, my BR tends to be a 4.5 to 5 shot kill because I miss a shot (or half of a shot, due to burst). But because of my high CSR, I am matched a lot against players who do have perfect aim and can kill me in 4 shots quicker than I can kill them in 5 even if I get the first shot.

Keep in mind that because of the relatively low population, skill matches aren’t as close as they should be, so you’re a lot more likely to have uneven matches. Matchmaking likes to put me in matches with a team of CSR 20s against a team of CSR 40s, which is hardly fair. Of course I’m going to do poorly–I’m good, but I’m not a god. If you do poorly in a match, open up Waypoint and go to your game history (Waypoint updates almost instaneously after a match) and check the CSR of the players who did better than you. Chances are that their playlist CSR will be a lot higher than yours.

Ok so what you need to do is play on 1 sensitivity to start with and see if it’s right for you. It will steady your shot and make you more accurate.

Take your time with aiming. DO NOT randomly shoot because it will throw your shot off.

Use the thruster pack. Many people underestimate it but it’s the best armor ability in the game. It will save your life. A tip while using it- Jump before using it to throw your enemy off.

Here are my favorite two loadouts, if you want you can use them.

BR
Frag grenades
Thruster Pack
Resupply
Ammo

Carbine
Frag grenades
Thruster Pack
Resupply
Ammo

I’d love to help, but I’m having issues myself.

My advice is to do two things:

  1. Use every loadout weapon. Learn their sweet spots, their ideal ranges… get a feel for how they operate. If you’re competent with all those weapons you’ll have a better understanding of which loadout to use based on the game/opponent you’re facing.

  2. Try the hologram. You’d be surprised at how many people take the bait. Hang back. Make sure your opponent doesn’t see the hologram split off from your radar signature. Let them take the bait. As soon as they move toward it/shoot at it, you pounce. You only need a split second advantage to alter the odds in your favor.

More than anything, find the style of play that works for you. Close up, scoping from a distance, aerial, all vehicle perks, all ordinance priority… there’s lots of variables at play, you just need to find the ones that suit you best.

you are better than me so…keep doing what your doing lol

Currently I play on default settings … With sensitivity 4… I tried 2 but turning around takes forever. Nog sure if I have a slow turn controller or not… But I’m my defense there are times that I am dominant and good… But from my experience I want to be somewhat consistent… I have maybe 3 good days out of 7 when I play… I want to play consistently better… Plus I need help with my 1 v 1. I may have a descent kdr but that’s me taking advantage of a situation where the enemy is distracted… I do appreciate the responses

> Ok so what you need to do is play on 1 sensitivity to start with and see if it’s right for you. It will steady your shot and make you more accurate.
>
> Take your time with aiming. DO NOT randomly shoot because it will throw your shot off.
>
> Use the thruster pack. Many people underestimate it but it’s the best armor ability in the game. It will save your life. A tip while using it- Jump before using it to throw your enemy off.
>
> Here are my favorite two loadouts, if you want you can use them.
>
>
>
> BR
> Frag grenades
> Thruster Pack
> Resupply
> Ammo
>
> Carbine
> Frag grenades
> Thruster Pack
> Resupply
> Ammo

If you are to use these loadouts, remember that he uses Resupply and Ammo because his main issue is running out of ammo due to lack of dying. Stability or Explosives might be a better choice right now.

> > Ok so what you need to do is play on 1 sensitivity to start with and see if it’s right for you. It will steady your shot and make you more accurate.
> >
> > Take your time with aiming. DO NOT randomly shoot because it will throw your shot off.
> >
> > Use the thruster pack. Many people underestimate it but it’s the best armor ability in the game. It will save your life. A tip while using it- Jump before using it to throw your enemy off.
> >
> > Here are my favorite two loadouts, if you want you can use them.
> >
> >
> >
> > BR
> > Frag grenades
> > Thruster Pack
> > Resupply
> > Ammo
> >
> > Carbine
> > Frag grenades
> > Thruster Pack
> > Resupply
> > Ammo
>
> If you are to use these loadouts, remember that he uses Resupply and Ammo because his main issue is running out of ammo due to lack of dying. Stability or Explosives might be a better choice right now.

Yes, I use Ammo because I tend to stay alive longer. I actually recommend dexterity, stability, or explosives if you do die alot. But dexterity might help you the most.

Also get a new controller. If you suffer from slow turn then thats a huge problem when aiming.

The controller I have is like brand new. Only a couple months. I don’t think they sell wired controllers any more unless you go online to buy them

You hare hardly bad compared to me.

I have only 485 victories and my KD is 1.13

> The controller I have is like brand new. Only a couple months. I don’t think they sell wired controllers any more unless you go online to buy them

They do sell brand new wired controllers at Target.
If you are staying one spot, like in dominion, or hiding around a corner, try use the autosentry. It works wonders, and it strips shields at short range pretty fast.

<mark>Practice with the same thing. Don’t vary your sensitivity often. If you get used to certain settings, then you will eventually get used to them.</mark> Although I said that, definitely try to experiment if what you are using isn’t good. I personally use Boxer and claw my controller when maneuvering and sensitivity at 4 (5 for flood).

You can also look up some tips and tricks on YouTube or even how the spawning works. Some of those Haven jumps can be just enough to break your enemies’ rhythm.

And if you are having a little bit of trouble, then you can try using an automatic weapon. I would use the storm rifle for its support and its ability to kill. AR isn’t a bad choice either. I’ll let you judge the suppressor.

The last thing I can think of is: DON’T PANIC. Breathe, say a prayer, and pwn some n00bs. GL, and you don’t suck. You’re a bit more than moderate.

I’ve actually tried to claw and geez is that tough… Very awkward IMO. I hold my controller rather standard. Both thumbs in the sticks with my index fingers on the triggers. Right thumb switches between stick and axyb. The index fingers switch between triggers and bumpers… Tried bumper jumper … Liked it but had difficulty with sprint and crouch… Tried it for a week or so… I would use it if there was no sprint but I like where it is in the default layout

> The index fingers switch between triggers and bumpers…

Really? I usually hit the bumpers with the sides of my index fingers, which saves time. I can use both the bumper and the trigger on the same side at the same time with the same finger.

I’d say my skill at Halo is slightly above average.
With that said you just need to find a comfterable control scheme.(Bumper Jumper is mine, never liked using B for melee)

I play on 5 Sensitivity and do well with aiming at any range.

Finding out the mechanics(how things work) for weapons is also good to do so you can understand them.(First thing I did in H4 was took all the weapons and tested them)

Another thing is figuring out map movement. Where the most common play is to go and take an alternate route to flank them, ect.

My main loadout I use consists of:
Light Rifle (Very Reliable in med to long, least ammo of all precison rifles, Side Note: Reticle may take getting used to because of how blocky it is.)

BoltShot (Mainly used for headshot clean ups or using the charge up to wait for an enemy to run past me to get the flank.)

Pulse Nade (Good for locking down objectives or small rooms/hallways)

Regen Field (Healing myself and Teammates, side note: It’s a nuetral AA so even heals enemies so careful how you place it)

Mods: AA effecincy and Dexterity.

This is just how I learned and used when I started. It works for me and may not work for you but give it a shot sometime.