I am GLAD that CE multi is not included, heres why..

Im very glad 343 have taken the decision not to gut Reaches multiplayer this soon after launch, otherwise we would end up with a situation like the COD kids have where the next game is pooped out 2 months after they bought the final map pack for the previous instalment.

And seriously people, think about what you are demanding here. A desecrated version of the originals multiplayer experience. Have any of you EVER even tried to play haloCE through xbox connect or anything like that? Its like playing through a time warp. Thats what it would be like.

Frankie and friends, i know you read threads and stuff, you made the right decision, and bringing some classic maps to the Reach experience was a good way to try and sate those longing for the old days multi-wise. Good job.

> Im very glad 343 have taken the decision not to gut Reaches multiplayer this soon after launch, otherwise we would end up with a situation like the COD kids have where the next game is pooped out 2 months after they bought the final map pack for the previous instalment.
>
> And seriously people, think about what you are demanding here. A desecrated version of the originals multiplayer experience. Have any of you EVER even tried to play haloCE through xbox connect or anything like that? Its like playing through a time warp. Thats what it would be like.
>
> Frankie and friends, i know you read threads and stuff, you made the right decision, and bringing some classic maps to the Reach experience was a good way to try and sate those longing for the old days multi-wise. Good job.

Oh yeh I agree OP 100%. If they added CEA MP it would be just as big as a flop as COD. I mean MW2 and COD BO being #1 and #2 most played online Xbox games ?

Yeh it would never work since it never worked with COD. You are so intuitive!

I mean hey Reach is so awesome thats why its reached where NO halo ever was #3!!! woot woot!!!

Its not much of an Anniversary release of Halo, if your releasing only one aspect of Halo that defined it. The campagin was amazing, but multiplayer has become how Halo games gain widespread popularity and replaybility…

Thanks for this post, made me think twice about the situation. You have to balance it off against the fact that releasing a CE multiplayer element would not be good for the franchise overall right now, and its very unlikely it would even feel like the gameplay we all remember after all the work that would need to be done had been done. Also, remember we ARE getting a brand new XBL campaign co-op, which personally i am WAY more stoked for than any competitive multiplayer mode. It will add tremendous value to the legacy of Halo CE long term. Perhaps a compromise though could be including the original CE LAN only multiplayer environment to try and spark a renaissance in the LAN scene, but then they would have to update all the original maps too which i doubt theyve got time for and it would clash with the planned classic map pack for Reach. So i dunno.

> Its not much of an Anniversary release of Halo, if your releasing only one aspect of Halo that defined it. The campagin was amazing, but multiplayer has become how Halo games gain widespread popularity and replaybility…

The game comes out in November. There is no excuse to not have both.

I’m very happy about them deciding to use the Reach MP tbh. Can’t wait for November!

no no no, they made the right call because if CE multiplayer was available online the world would literally collapse as everyone would be too busy playing CE multiplayer all the time to do anything else, it would just be too good and too fun.

To: Fatal Factor

Think about what you’re saying. You’re glad that they’re not including original Halo CE multiplayer in the anniversary release of Halo CE. That just doesn’t make any sense. The fan base of Halo has been split since Halo 2 came out in 2004. Halo Reach has already not been as succesful as other Halo games by its own doing. It’s time to move on. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think Halo Reach is terrible like some people are saying it is, but I do think that Halo CE’s multiplayer is far superior due to a significantly less number of imperfections.
There are players who like to play Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Reach and then there are players who support the original which is the highest rated Halo title and FPS ever released along with Perfect Dark both with 97 metacritic scores. There is a reason for that, because it had an amazing campaign, and more importantly a multiplayer mode via local split screen and system link that people are still playing today including myself. Bungie was planning on releasing it with xbox live support back in the day but ran out of time and 343i is making the same mistake, but this time, they’ve had 10 years to think about it. I know 343i hasn’t existed for 10 years, but I’m assuming most of the employees at 343i are dedicated Halo players and so they probably thought about how sweet it would be to play Halo CE on xbox live at some point within that 10 year period.

Don’t you think that Halo CE original multiplayer deserves xbox live support? That is what Halo CE dedicated players have been asking for for the last 10 years.

Halo CE is the only Halo title that doesn’t have xbox live support for player v player multiplayer. Halo 3: ODST doesn’t count because that game wasn’t really a full Halo experience in my opinion and didn’t have Player v Player multiplayer anyways.

I played a fair share of games on XBC and yeah it was somewhat laggy, but that was using my own PC as the server for the connection in 2003, and even with the lag, it was far more fun than playing Halo Reach on dedicated expensive servers on xbox live. I think the people asking for the original multiplayer to be xbox live compatible in the petition would be happy if it was at least slightly better than that. By the way, I’m 28. I’m not some kid that is uneducated in what is possible in Halo CE. I’m also a game developer myself which makes it that much more painful for me to see 343i mess up like this because I want the company who is holding the future of the Halo franchise to succeed.

This is their first chance to prove that they can fix what Bungie ignored for the last 10 years.

Thanks for your post. Sorry to say, but no i dont feel CE ‘deserves’ an XBL release. The fact is, its been ten years and the world has moved on, why do people want to throw ten years of interation and improvement on multiplayer by bungie out the window now? We all had great times playing CE multiplayer with our bros at LANs, but that time has passed now and is but a fond memory that frankly i would rather remain unsullied by a half hearted re-release just because the community demanded it without thinking it through. Look towards the future!
Also you distinction between xbox connect network infrastructure and XBL infra doesent make any sense, both models use P2P hosting for gameplay. Using your PC to bridge through makes no difference and XBL has no ‘expensive servers’. The difference is in the netcode, which is what bungie has spent ten years improving and is not something that can be just bolted onto the side of CEA by november. Its not something that should just be discarded on a whim either. Seriously, if 343 tried to do this, it would make people literally cry because it would NOT be the same multiplayer experience you remember, it would be just a shadow of it. Understand it is physically impossible for 343i to replicate the CE LAN experience over XBL. The differences in lag and latency between a LAN environment and the internet are absolutely immutable by the laws of physics itself! Applaud 343i for recognizing this fact and deciding to leave the experience untouched, just like theyre trying to do with the campaign. Oh and yes CE was the highest rated, but thats not necessarily because it was the best game of the series (even though it probably was), thats because it was the first game in the series, new and fresh. Youll find subsequent games in any franchise generally garner lower review scores than the previous one by virtue of not being a new concept anymore. Also i would apprecient it if someone could tell me how to do paragraphs on these forums.

> To: Fatal Factor
>
> Think about what you’re saying. You’re glad that they’re not including original Halo CE multiplayer in the anniversary release of Halo CE. That just doesn’t make any sense. The fan base of Halo has been split since Halo 2 came out in 2004. Halo Reach has already not been as succesful as other Halo games by its own doing. It’s time to move on. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think Halo Reach is terrible like some people are saying it is, but I do think that Halo CE’s multiplayer is far superior due to a significantly less number of imperfections.
> There are players who like to play Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Reach and then there are players who support the original which is the highest rated Halo title and FPS ever released along with Perfect Dark both with 97 metacritic scores. There is a reason for that, because it had an amazing campaign, and more importantly a multiplayer mode via local split screen and system link that people are still playing today including myself. Bungie was planning on releasing it with xbox live support back in the day but ran out of time and 343i is making the same mistake, but this time, they’ve had 10 years to think about it. I know 343i hasn’t existed for 10 years, but I’m assuming most of the employees at 343i are dedicated Halo players and so they probably thought about how sweet it would be to play Halo CE on xbox live at some point within that 10 year period.
>
> Don’t you think that Halo CE original multiplayer deserves xbox live support? That is what Halo CE dedicated players have been asking for for the last 10 years.
>
> Halo CE is the only Halo title that doesn’t have xbox live support for player v player multiplayer. Halo 3: ODST doesn’t count because that game wasn’t really a full Halo experience in my opinion and didn’t have Player v Player multiplayer anyways.
>
> I played a fair share of games on XBC and yeah it was somewhat laggy, but that was using my own PC as the server for the connection in 2003, and even with the lag, it was far more fun than playing Halo Reach on dedicated expensive servers on xbox live. I think the people asking for the original multiplayer to be xbox live compatible in the petition would be happy if it was at least slightly better than that. By the way, I’m 28. I’m not some kid that is uneducated in what is possible in Halo CE. I’m also a game developer myself which makes it that much more painful for me to see 343i mess up like this because I want the company who is holding the future of the Halo franchise to succeed.
>
> This is their first chance to prove that they can fix what Bungie ignored for the last 10 years.

What do you mean by making paragraphs?

I just hit enter to add spaces. I’m I missing something?

It’s not about moving on, we have moved on so to say. But that doesn’t mean we still don’t want the original multiplayer. And from your wording, it sounds as if you have never experienced any Halo before Reach because Reach is by far the worst multiplayer in the series(I’m tempted to even allow Halo Wars above it) but I’m a harsh critic. Some are nicer and just say it’s bad or not enjoyable, but the fact remains, Halo 3 at least gave CoD a run for it’s money. With the surplus of CoDs being brought out and only one real Halo FPS being brought out over the years, you can see why Halo dropped and CoD moved forward. But the fact that when Halo Reach was released, it stood no chance against CoD, or any FPS really.

Halo 3 when it was out was the worst multiplayer to some, yet it was enjoyable and gave the online community a fun game to play, like CoD. Halo Reach is not fun for millions of gamers and it’s only fun to a certain few(who by the way, I tip my hat towards. You guys have kept Reach alive whereas the rest left) but a few is not enough to save a franchise that is use to being on top.

What 343i needs to do, if not replicate the original multiplayer to the best of their abilities, is to at least try to give us the closest they can get to it. First off, taking AAs out shouldn’t take long to do(I’m not a developer so forgive me if I’m wrong) and along with that, bloom, or any recoil for that matter. Basically, erase everything Bungie did for the last ten years and start moving forward from the original multiplayer. Sure, some of you think it’s wrong to basically say -Yoink- you to Bungie and their hard work, but they left the Halo name in shackles when they went out and this is proven by it’s online community never reaching over 150K at one time.

Bungie messed up Halo with Halo Reach cause they wanted to add more things to it to try to make it a better, more original game and in that aspect, they did. The only problem is that they failed at making it fun and fast paced, which is what Halo stands for. By taking out what they did wrong and improving on what they did right, 343i can not only revive the Halo name, they can prove themselves worthy game developers and they will have a much more dedicated fanbase, one that will buy Halo 4.

I understand that a multiplayer remake of ce couldn’t be exactly how we all remember it and probably wouldn’t be as good, but literally anything even close to it would be better than the garbage game that is reach.

I’m not too disappointed by this. I personally think Halo 2’s multiplayer was a lot better then CE’s.

But it would of been amazing to play it online regardless. Especially considering how Halo 3 and Reach pales in comparison to CE and H2’s MP.

> no no no, they made the right call because if CE multiplayer was available online the world would literally collapse as everyone would be too busy playing CE multiplayer all the time to do anything else, it would just be too good and too fun.

So, instead of the Halo community having fun with a more competitive multiplayer and going back to Reach for more versatile Custom games (infection and all of that), we might as well stay in Reach’s current mediocre gameplay (as compared to the earlier games) to protect the population level of a game that wouldn’t attract as many players?

There’s something wrong with that logic, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

CEA needs multiplayer - without it it’s just a random HD remake of a game we’ve all played already

^AGREED :o

> > I’m very happy about them deciding to use the Reach MP tbh. Can’t wait for November!
>
> Your excited about that them using Reach’s multiplayer in a Halo CE remake on the 10th anniversary of when the original was released?
>
> Thats Yoink! up, any true Halo fan is devasted by this news, we have been wanting to play Halo CE online for years and now Reach’s crappy MP is going to be played on our sacred maps!

I somewhat have to agree, Halo Reach MP wasn’t that great IMO. The beta of reach MP was better ( IMO)
And what about the classic weapons? Maybe add the new weapons with the map pack Somehow.

> Thanks for your post. Sorry to say, but no i dont feel CE ‘deserves’ an XBL release. The fact is, its been ten years and the world has moved on, why do people want to throw ten years of interation and improvement on multiplayer by bungie out the window now? We all had great times playing CE multiplayer with our bros at LANs, but that time has passed now and is but a fond memory that frankly i would rather remain unsullied by a half hearted re-release just because the community demanded it without thinking it through. Look towards the future!
> Also you distinction between xbox connect network infrastructure and XBL infra doesent make any sense, both models use P2P hosting for gameplay. Using your PC to bridge through makes no difference and XBL has no ‘expensive servers’. The difference is in the netcode, which is what bungie has spent ten years improving and is not something that can be just bolted onto the side of CEA by november. Its not something that should just be discarded on a whim either. Seriously, if 343 tried to do this, it would make people literally cry because it would NOT be the same multiplayer experience you remember, it would be just a shadow of it. Understand it is physically impossible for 343i to replicate the CE LAN experience over XBL. The differences in lag and latency between a LAN environment and the internet are absolutely immutable by the laws of physics itself! Applaud 343i for recognizing this fact and deciding to leave the experience untouched, just like theyre trying to do with the campaign. Oh and yes CE was the highest rated, but thats not necessarily because it was the best game of the series (even though it probably was), thats because it was the first game in the series, new and fresh. Youll find subsequent games in any franchise generally garner lower review scores than the previous one by virtue of not being a new concept anymore. Also i would apprecient it if someone could tell me how to do paragraphs on these forums.
>
>
>
> > To: Fatal Factor
> >
> > Think about what you’re saying. You’re glad that they’re not including original Halo CE multiplayer in the anniversary release of Halo CE. That just doesn’t make any sense. The fan base of Halo has been split since Halo 2 came out in 2004. Halo Reach has already not been as succesful as other Halo games by its own doing. It’s time to move on. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think Halo Reach is terrible like some people are saying it is, but I do think that Halo CE’s multiplayer is far superior due to a significantly less number of imperfections.
> > There are players who like to play Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Reach and then there are players who support the original which is the highest rated Halo title and FPS ever released along with Perfect Dark both with 97 metacritic scores. There is a reason for that, because it had an amazing campaign, and more importantly a multiplayer mode via local split screen and system link that people are still playing today including myself. Bungie was planning on releasing it with xbox live support back in the day but ran out of time and 343i is making the same mistake, but this time, they’ve had 10 years to think about it. I know 343i hasn’t existed for 10 years, but I’m assuming most of the employees at 343i are dedicated Halo players and so they probably thought about how sweet it would be to play Halo CE on xbox live at some point within that 10 year period.
> >
> > Don’t you think that Halo CE original multiplayer deserves xbox live support? That is what Halo CE dedicated players have been asking for for the last 10 years.
> >
> > Halo CE is the only Halo title that doesn’t have xbox live support for player v player multiplayer. Halo 3: ODST doesn’t count because that game wasn’t really a full Halo experience in my opinion and didn’t have Player v Player multiplayer anyways.
> >
> > I played a fair share of games on XBC and yeah it was somewhat laggy, but that was using my own PC as the server for the connection in 2003, and even with the lag, it was far more fun than playing Halo Reach on dedicated expensive servers on xbox live. I think the people asking for the original multiplayer to be xbox live compatible in the petition would be happy if it was at least slightly better than that. By the way, I’m 28. I’m not some kid that is uneducated in what is possible in Halo CE. I’m also a game developer myself which makes it that much more painful for me to see 343i mess up like this because I want the company who is holding the future of the Halo franchise to succeed.
> >
> > This is their first chance to prove that they can fix what Bungie ignored for the last 10 years.

Please Please Please tell me what part of the CE lan experience can not be replicated online? If you are referring to leading shots I would liek to point out the Halo 3 sniper rifle. At long ranges you had to lead your shots same with the H3 BR. All they would have to do is copy paste H3 sniper for CE sniper, and make the Pistol work the same way the H3 Brs 2nd bullet in the burst fired.

I dont know a damn thing about coding but i will say if it has been done before it can be done again especially considering that Reachs netcode is just an updated version of H3s. If the H3 solution could not be done they could have just made everything hitscan and had a pop-up when you go online matchmaking with a brief message saying due to online intigration hit scan has been added. Then they could have another link like if you press why for a genuine in depth analysis as to why the CE LAN emulation system was a technological impossibility.

You speak as if making CE online is akin to sending a man to jupiter. An exaggeration of course but the point remains. Sure some things would be compromised but it wouldnt be game destroying. I mean anything they did to emulate CE battle wouldnt be as bad as sprinting doubel beatdowns, no bleed through, invincibility button or bloom.

I really think fans would have been ok with hitscan to replace that aspect of CE if thoroughly and intelligently explained to them IN GAME and leading up to launch.

What fans are most pissed off about is the fact that ther is NO multiplayer attempt at all. What makes it worse is that they feel that Reach can somehow make it up to us which makes it seem that they dont listen to us, even after they say they do which even makes it worse.

In short there is nothing in CE that cannot be amended for online play. At this point with the travesty that is reach ANYTHING would be an improvement.

I’ve played over xbc and the game still feels and plays like Halo CE. So I don’t know what your talking about.

I’d like for them to simply include the original multiplayer, so that I can play the updated version with my friends, and have more memories to experience. Reach just doesn’t do it for me.