I am first time forge and....

I’m actually liking it alot. Took me a good hour to get the hang of the menus and controls but i was bored and enjoy exploring software. Got a cup of coffee sat down and toyed with it till i got it and now im building a crazy -Yoink- 4 level map under a blue star with a section i call “Heaven” it has damage boost and power weapon only catch is you have to run a mini obstacle course to get to it and your out in the open while doing the the course. Will you make it to Heave and dominate? Or will your fellow spartans ensure you fall to hell? (Yes a section of the map is called hell). Just thought i would share.

Good you like it. Compared to the last Forges, it’s not that bad. You’d just have to get used to the controls and all. Honestly not as bad as everyone says it is.

I do like your idea there. High risk, high reward, as it should be.

“FORGE IS TOO COMPLICATED, MIGHT REPEL BEGINNERS”

Thread literally RIGHT under that one on the website.

“Hi, I’m new to forge and I am really loving it!”

Good old Halo community!

The course it Tiny brigdes that are a spartan jump and clamber of distance from each other and they get smaller as you go. 5 total “steps” then you have to clamber to an astroid platform where you hit a forerunner man cannon and you have to ground pound right at the apex of the launch and if you live and make it there? You’ll be in “Heaven”

People just need to spend a bit learning it. It takes a few hours to make a decent map. Just spend one learning the controls.

> 2533274870591903;5:
> People just need to spend a bit learning it. It takes a few hours to make a decent map. Just spend one learning the controls.

Exactly. I’ve spend several hours making a grifballcourt to learn the controls and all. Pretty nice result I must say. Gives you so much more inspiration once you get the hang of it.

> 2533274883849234;3:
> “FORGE IS TOO COMPLICATED, MIGHT REPEL BEGINNERS”
>
> Thread literally RIGHT under that one on the website.
>
> “Hi, I’m new to forge and I am really loving it!”
>
> Good old Halo community!

I’m sry some people aren’t grasping it. It took me about an hour and i have a knack for learning controls schemes(hence im a gamer) Its awkward i wont lie but you get used to it

THIS MAP IS SICK! I hope i can share it with everyone and it can be fun!

Normal Halo players: “God, this Forge is too complicated! Halo Reach did it way better!”

New Halo player: “It took me a bit to learn the controls, but this Forge is great!”

I love this community.

> 2533274895603860;9:
> Normal Halo players: “God, this Forge is too complicated! Halo Reach did it way better!”
>
> New Halo player: “It took me a bit to learn the controls, but this Forge is great!”
>
> I love this community.

People don’t like change (yet they also hate stagnation). People without a point-of-reference are more inclined to treat things more genuinely. Put simply: always ask the noobs if something is good or not.

> 2533274895603860;9:
> Normal Halo players: “God, this Forge is too complicated! Halo Reach did it way better!”
>
> New Halo player: “It took me a bit to learn the controls, but this Forge is great!”
>
> I love this community.

I’m not a new player just a new Forger

Nice to see we’re all being mature about this…

The OP did say it took him an hour to learn the controls. Old Forge you could probably just pop right in and get started. I’m not saying the new Forge is bad by any means, but I will agree with everyone saying the controls are unnecessarily complex and that there is a significant learning curve. Once you get past that learning curve though it seems like a really powerful tool.

> 2533274819302824;12:
> Nice to see we’re all being mature about this…
>
> The OP did say it took him an hour to learn the controls. Old Forge you could probably just pop right in and get started. I’m not saying the new Forge is bad by any means, but I will agree with everyone saying the controls are unnecessarily complex and that there is a significant learning curve. Once you get past that learning curve though it seems like a really powerful tool.

Yea thats how i feel.

Yeah it is fun, still working on my first map.

There are some things missing though. Like Covenant scenery and passable shield doors.