I am confused on when I can play...

I am really confused by this quote. (I made the specific parts that I am confused about bold and italicized.)

• > Note that while the tech preview is live, you’ll always have the ability to matchmake! But, if you’re unsure of when to play, please join us during the following scheduled play times:
    >
    > - Thursday, July 29: Tech preview is officially live! Go wild, Spartans. - Friday, July 30 Scheduled Play Times: 12-2 PM PT, 7-9 PM PT - Saturday, July 31 Scheduled Play Times: 12-2 PM PT, 7-9 PM PT - Sunday, August 1 Scheduled Play Times: 12-2 PM PT, 7-9 PM PT - Monday, August 2: Tech preview closes at 10 AM PT

So will I be able to play at any time during this weekend or will I only be able to play during these specific times? I am very confused by this. Someone please simplify this for me. Like, if I wanted to play on Friday at 3 PM PT, would I even be able to? Or would it just say that servers are offline and I will only be able to hang out in the menu(s) or something?

Matchmaking will always be live. From the blog post:

> Note that while the tech preview is live, you’ll always have the ability to matchmake! But, if you’re unsure of when to play, please join us during the following scheduled play times.

Note the part where it says you can always match make.

will there be a preload is the real question

> 2533274882881665;2:
> Matchmaking will always be live. From the blog post:
>
>
> > Note that while the tech preview is live, you’ll always have the ability to matchmake! But, if you’re unsure of when to play, please join us during the following scheduled play times.
>
> Note the part where it says you can always match make.

So what are the times actually for? That’s where I get confused.

> 2533274793136828;3:
> will there be a preload is the real question

That is not the topic of this post sir.

> 2533274911898337;4:
> > 2533274882881665;2:
> > Matchmaking will always be live. From the blog post:
> >
> >
> > > Note that while the tech preview is live, you’ll always have the ability to matchmake! But, if you’re unsure of when to play, please join us during the following scheduled play times.
> >
> > Note the part where it says you can always match make.
>
> So what are the times actually for? That’s where I get confused.

Recommended peak times

No official time yet it seems.

> 2533274911898337;4:
> > 2533274882881665;2:
> >
> >
> > > Note that while the tech preview is live, you’ll always have the ability to matchmake! But, if you’re unsure of when to play, please join us during the following scheduled play times.
> >
>

I think those times were given to get a bigger pool of players to be online simultaneously-- you can play at any point this weekend, though

> 2533274911898337;4:
> > 2533274882881665;2:
> >
> >
> >
>

They’re for 343 to stress test their servers and get the most metrics from the games. Are any maps unbalanced if on a team based map, or are certain weapons stronger than intended? When internal testing is complete, these flights are for them to work out the bugs on the surface level.

> 2533274882881665;6:
> > 2533274911898337;4:
> > > 2533274882881665;2:
> > > Matchmaking will always be live. From the blog post:
> > >
> > >
> > > > Note that while the tech preview is live, you’ll always have the ability to matchmake! But, if you’re unsure of when to play, please join us during the following scheduled play times.
> > >
> > > Note the part where it says you can always match make.
> >
> > So what are the times actually for? That’s where I get confused.
>
> Recommended peak times

I see, I see. So if someone were to… Say… Do a 48 hour stream, they’ll be able to play that whole time? (With the occasional possible down times to make fixes and updates of course.)

> 2533274911898337;1:
> I am really confused by this quote. (I made the specific parts that I am confused about bold and italicized.)
> - > Note that while the tech preview is live, you’ll always have the ability to matchmake! But, if you’re unsure of when to play, please join us during the following scheduled play times: - Thursday, July 29: Tech preview is officially live! Go wild, Spartans. - Friday, July 30 Scheduled Play Times: 12-2 PM PT, 7-9 PM PT - Saturday, July 31 Scheduled Play Times: 12-2 PM PT, 7-9 PM PT - Sunday, August 1 Scheduled Play Times: 12-2 PM PT, 7-9 PM PT - Monday, August 2: Tech preview closes at 10 AM PT
>
> So will I be able to play at any time during this weekend or will I only be able to play during these specific times? I am very confused by this. Someone please simplify this for me. Like, if I wanted to play on Friday at 3 PM PT, would I even be able to? Or would it just say that servers are offline and I will only be able to hang out in the menu(s) or something?

I interpreted as they are letting you know when they will be playing. The times, are I am assuming, when you can watch them stream.

> 2533274911898337;10:
> > 2533274882881665;6:
> > > 2533274911898337;4:
> > > > 2533274882881665;2:
> > > > Matchmaking will always be live. From the blog post:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Note that while the tech preview is live, you’ll always have the ability to matchmake! But, if you’re unsure of when to play, please join us during the following scheduled play times.
> > > >
> > > > Note the part where it says you can always match make.
> > >
> > > So what are the times actually for? That’s where I get confused.
> >
> > Recommended peak times
>
> I see, I see. So if someone were to… Say… Do a 48 hour stream, they’ll be able to play that whole time? (With the occasional possible down times to make fixes and updates of course.)

Yeah, assuming there are no server crashes of something of the like you’ll be fine. Take a few drinks of water with you though.

So is it going to be pvp or against bots?

> 2533274798390869;13:
> So is it going to be pvp or against bots?

Against bots

The scheduled times listed in the latest Infinite blog are just recommendations, ways to get people in at particular times and focus population. You don’t have to attend those times and can still play outside them. You are free to play at any time you want over the weekend for the duration of the flight being active.

Those times you posted are when you can play against 343 staff you can play to your hearts content whenever you like till monday morning or whatever.