I am all for newer weapons

For starters. I don’t mean to flame or cause flames or to point out mistakes on anyone or any body. But what a lot of us have forgotten, it seems, while we fight and argue of what guns to bring back…well I guess the real arguing is between the dmr and the br…but this isnt just a sequel. It’s 343i’s first REAL shot at the halo universe for game making. Do you really want to see older weapons, weapons we’ve seen in possibly all titles? Or would you rather have all, brand spankin’ new weapons from scratch?

Take the M6D for example. It is the staple handgun of CE that branched out around half a dozen copies throughout the series, each iteration of Halo focusing on a whole new pistol. Is that so wrong? For 343i to look back at what Bungie did right and what they did wrong to gather as much plausible info to bring you the best, most well balanced pistol in the history of Halo?

Classics are classics, but Halo 4 is new and it’s a fresh start, for both 343i and us fans.

I would rather see a well balanced, very nicely polished MA5D/MA6 with new mechanics over a re-skinned MA5C/MA5B. Why? Because Halo 4 deserves something new. That’s what excites me about Halo 4. It’s all about new. I guarantee 343 have a lot up their sleeve to give all, or atleast a large majority of us fans what we want, but why not make it fresh and inviting like how CE did when it started it all?

Rather than having a DMR or a BR, why not have a new Precision Rifle. One that may focus on a specific range. The SMG should dominate at closer range. The AR should dominate at short-middle range, and a pistol should dominate at middle range. The PR should dominate at mid-longer range. And all weapons make either side of the spectrum to fit their balances.

By the look of the 2554 model Warthog, we’ll likely be seeing new iterations of vehicles as well.

Plot-wise, it’s very hard to say if we’ll deal with the covenant fractions left in Halo 4. Elites maybe, but so far we know that we are dealing with an ancient evil, some speculations and some nice guesses, but no concrete evidence to say what will and what will not happen. But no covenant will likely mean no covenant weapons/vehicles.

So I’m in favor for new weapons, new vehicles, new maps.

EDIT: My apologies, I backtraced and the pistol as a point in my statement wasnt specified as a pistol. But rather as a new gun. Also it states new AND old will be returning so as I stated above, plenty of good potential qualities to make this one of the better Halo titles to come out.

I want new/upgraded weapons developed from what was learned researching Forerunner and Covenant tech. Halo Fest H4 panel actually said this was the case. They also said the gritty human feel will still be maintained in the weapons which i am glad about that, b/c it does separate us from other races.

So when did Frank say that it was a pistol? I dont think its a pistol, what kind of a pistol fires explosives? That being said, the shape of the back end of the weapon saw in the teaser doesnt resemble a pistol at all.

> So when did Frank say that it was a pistol? I dont think its a pistol, what kind of a pistol fires explosives? That being said, the shape of the back end of the weapon saw in the teaser doesnt resemble a pistol at all.

I read it in the June e3 special oxm. But I can backcheck to make sure if you’d like.

> > So when did Frank say that it was a pistol? I dont think its a pistol, what kind of a pistol fires explosives? That being said, the shape of the back end of the weapon saw in the teaser doesnt resemble a pistol at all.
>
> I read it in the June e3 special oxm. But I can backcheck to make sure if you’d like.

I believe he said that most of the community understand what it is correctly: a pistol-type weapon that fires a grenade.

I think he was just referring to the fact it is a handgun.

> > > So when did Frank say that it was a pistol? I dont think its a pistol, what kind of a pistol fires explosives? That being said, the shape of the back end of the weapon saw in the teaser doesnt resemble a pistol at all.
> >
> > I read it in the June e3 special oxm. But I can backcheck to make sure if you’d like.
>
> I believe he said that most of the community understand what it is correctly: a pistol-type weapon that fires a grenade.
>
> I think he was just referring to the fact it is a handgun.

fixed

I want new weapons, that’d be great. The addition of all the Brute weapons in Halo 3 was brilliant but when they take certain weapons away, it feels like somethings missing. In Halo 2 it was the AR, in Reach it was a number of weapons such as the Carbine, SMG or Brute Shot. Overall I would say I want the fun aspects of such weapons to return, if they can bring back those feelings using new weapons then power to them.

> I want new weapons, that’d be great. The addition of all the Brute weapons in Halo 3 was brilliant but when they take certain weapons away, it feels like somethings missing. In Halo 2 it was the AR, in Reach it was a number of weapons such as the Carbine, SMG or Brute Shot. Overall I would say I want the fun aspects of such weapons to return, if they can bring back those feelings using new weapons then power to them.

I wouldnt mind that type of feeling. But I would prefer newer iterations of certain guns. You know, give a reason for aesthetic changes. As well as balancing purposes. Take the AR for example. It has gone through multiple iterations with different stats, but Bungie gave each differences, aesthetically as well as by name to say they are different.

> I want new/upgraded weapons developed from what was learned researching Forerunner and Covenant tech. Halo Fest H4 panel actually said this was the case. They also said the gritty human feel will still be maintained in the weapons which i am glad about that, b/c it does separate us from other races.

It’s not just the panel that supports that. We do know there could be a chance that it will happen. I base this information from the end of Primordium when 343 takes over a unidentified UNSC ship which could be the infinity which was shown as a concept piece back at the panel.

Quite frankly I don’t want to see any new weapons. I want Halo 4 to be the ultimate love letter to fans and include every single gun, grenade, vehicle etc that has ever graced a Halo game. This combined with new and more in depth custom game options would be more than enough.

Here is the thing, in the campaign, I kind of want to see a mix of new, and old, kind of start out like Halo CE’s campaign did in the line of weapons: First mission, we had the AR, pistol, plasma rifle, plasma pistol, frag grenade, and plasma grenade, then the second mission, we started to see a few more weapons, sniper rifle and needler. If Halo 4’s campaign starts out that way, I’d like to see the Halo 3’s AR, SMG, and maybe BR or plasma rifle, or something, give us a basic 4 weapons, two rifles, two side arms/SMG type weapon, then as the game goes on, and the Chief starts running into UNSC personnel, new weapons start showing up. If it’s done that way, then it’ll feel like the Chief has only the weapons that was left on his half the ship, and we don’t see new human weapons until after we start see UNSC personnel. Not only does it leave that feeling, but it also helps stay true to cannon.

Edit: didn’t see this, until after I posted, I’m slow at typing when I don’t have my glasses on.

> Quite frankly I don’t want to see any new weapons. I want Halo 4 to be the ultimate love letter to fans and include every single gun, grenade, vehicle etc that has ever graced a Halo game. This combined with new and more in depth custom game options would be more than enough.

That would be kind of nice, but it would also leave a bad taste in some fan’s mouths, and most likely fans will start going “343i was lazy and didn’t even try coming up with new weapons” kind of like they did with Halo CEA, and some of the weapon models. Also, there is also the balancing issues you might run into with some of the weapons. Grenades haven’t really changed through out the games, Halo 3 and ODST had extra grenades, but in the end, the plasma grenade and the frag grenade has all ways been in Halo, and I wouldn’t mind see some new grenade type weapons.

[deleted]

> I’d like new weapons and vehicles in the campaign, but why not include everything in MM?

Balance reasons most likely, but I would like to see Halo pick up something that some of the other games have now days, and that’s more than just 1 or 2 of one type of weapon, the game would be a faster pace.

> Quite frankly I don’t want to see any new weapons. I want Halo 4 to be the ultimate love letter to fans and include every single gun, grenade, vehicle etc that has ever graced a Halo game. This combined with new and more in depth custom game options would be more than enough.

Because that’s just unlikely. As Halo continues on there are more weapons integrated into the series. It seems redundant to add every weapon created. Why? Balancing purposes mainly, but also because that puts a huge chunk out time that 343i needs to make the game. I’d rather see a new AR, Precision Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Sniper, SMG, and Rocket Launcher. Why? Because I’d rather go with the spirit of Halo and have just one of each rather than have 2-5 variations of each. It doesnt seem right. It also could lead up to clone weapons.

I’m all for newer weapons, but I’m more for extinguishing many of the older ones.

I don’t want a redundant sandbox.

New weapons would be cool and I am pretty sure that there will be new ones.

I recall hearing Frankie saying there would be some old weapons for Halo 4. However, as fun as they were in previous titles, I’m all for having an whole new weapons sandbox for the trilogy.

Hmmm…a whole new sandbox? All new weapons? I like that because 343 won’t be held back by meeting up to unwritten expectations with weapon performance.

We’ll see.

Yeah I am hoping for a new sandbox of items to play with in the upcoming game. If I had to guess though they are going to slowly through the course of the game they’ll ween us from some of the old ones and introduce new ones. Same with the vehicles. The hog is a 2554 model but like said in the Halo 4 panel that does not give us any idea what year it actually is when the game begins. So another hog maybe down the road with the other sequels. It would’ve just been on the ship. Also if it is the Infinity that was hijacked it doesn’t rule out that its been floating around for a number of years with all the new experiment tech on board it. But none us have a consise clue what they are cooking up. Just threads to make us ponder what if?..

There needs to be a BR/DMR that is good at multiple ranges so skill is involved and every battle isn’t just a game of rock paper scissors.