I am a true Halo fan who wants it

to do nothing but succeed. I want 343 to get it right and get it done and make Halo as big as it was in the early days. But I don’t want another Halo 3.5 or any other previous Halo game.

I want Halo to reinvent itself into a new shooter, I want it to take risks and do things other shooters haven’t. Or do things other shooters have adopted but even better.

I want to relive the glory days of Halo through the new direction of Halo, so I will continue to support 343 and their developement team. I will continue to give positive and constructive feedback for when they are making Halo 5 they know and they have that courage to feel they can take risks and do something amazing with Halo again.

Halo 4 is definately a big step and although they could have done a lot of things better or different it’s a start. And you always need to start with a step before you can walk or even run.

Saying I’m not buying your games or I’m returning this or that. Isn’t helping! And it doesn’t make you a true Halo Fan.

A true Halo Fan wants the series to succeed and will support that series until the bitter end.

Thank you for reading.

And thanks to anyone who agrees.

> Saying I’m not buying your games or I’m returning this or that. Isn’t helping! And it doesn’t make you a true Halo Fan.

“True Halo Fan” doesn’t mean anything.

Saying you’re not buying the games anymore, if enough people actually say it and do what they say, will actually have an effect because that’s money lost. All publishers like MS care about is $.

I agree, I hope they can take it in new directions but still have a level of familiarity which still makes it Halo. I think Halo 4 did this quite well. Hopefully Halo 5 will be a big step

> > Saying I’m not buying your games or I’m returning this or that. Isn’t helping! And it doesn’t make you a true Halo Fan.
>
> “True Halo Fan” doesn’t mean anything.
>
> Saying you’re not buying the games anymore, if enough people actually say it and do what they say, will actually have an effect because that’s money lost. All publishers like MS care about is $.

QFT. When your population drops to 150,000 3 weeks in from 400,000 +, you know you failed.

Halo 5 will not break any records unless they return it to how Halo is supposed to be.

> > Saying I’m not buying your games or I’m returning this or that. Isn’t helping! And it doesn’t make you a true Halo Fan.
>
> “True Halo Fan” doesn’t mean anything.
>
> Saying you’re not buying the games anymore, if enough people actually say it and do what they say, will actually have an effect because that’s money lost. All publishers like MS care about is $.

Being a “True Halo Fan” has a lot more impact than you think. Yes, it’s about making money, but it’s also about getting people interested again, if that means other people can’t accept new changes or ideas, so be it.

But for the people who love the Halo franchise who purchase all of the Halo things, they won’t lose those loyal customers. They just won’t.

They might dissapoint, but they won’t lose them.

i agree it has flaws but overall they did great if u ask me…

> > > Saying I’m not buying your games or I’m returning this or that. Isn’t helping! And it doesn’t make you a true Halo Fan.
> >
> > “True Halo Fan” doesn’t mean anything.
> >
> > Saying you’re not buying the games anymore, if enough people actually say it and do what they say, will actually have an effect because that’s money lost. All publishers like MS care about is $.
>
> QFT. When your population drops to 150,000 3 weeks in from 400,000 +, you know you failed.
>
> Halo 5 will not break any records unless they return it to how Halo is supposed to be.

So what you’re telling me is the people who stayed are the people who truly care about the game and truly enjoy the series despite its many shortcomings.

Good to know I am one of the 150K.

Good for them.

I’m with that mindset. I’m angry at 343 and this community for making Halo 4 into a beautiful well balanced boring machine. I don’t like the CAP because it’s detrimental and sets a terrible slide down a very slippery slope. I want to see a Mantis running, not hobbling because some jerk wants balance, I’ve seen that balance and it’s pathetic. Am I going to trade the game in. No I’m gonna play Halo 4 like I played Reach, and Halo 3 2 and CE before it. I’ll be supportive and I’ll be combative, but most of all I’ll give you my honest thoughts on the matter.

Halo can never beat DICE or COD if you never go all out on being the most awesome game while trying to play it safe for the core. Either do or don’t. because you can’t win either side by playing down the middle.

> I’m with that mindset. I’m angry at 343 and this community for making Halo 4 into a beautiful well balanced boring machine. I don’t like the CAP because it’s detrimental and sets a terrible slide down a very slippery slope. I want to see a Mantis running, not hobbling because some jerk wants balance, I’ve seen that balance and it’s pathetic. Am I going to trade the game in. No I’m gonna play Halo 4 like I played Reach, and Halo 3 2 and CE before it. I’ll be supportive and I’ll be combative, but most of all I’ll give you my honest thoughts on the matter.
>
> Halo can never beat DICE or COD if you never go all out on being the most awesome game while trying to play it safe for the core. Either do or don’t. because you can’t win either side by playing down the middle.

See?!

I’m with you on this one. The game isn’t perfect and by far I have the most gripes about it than any other Halo game. But I will play and continue to support and fund the company in hopes that they will take the series into a better future.

Anyone remember Darkness 1? It fell flat but Darkness 2 was absolutely amazing?

That’s what Halo 4 is, it’s a beginning. Not an end, not everything starts off in rainbow and sunshine land. Sometimes you got to fight through the mud to shoot for the stars.

Just gotta say this before i go on but there isn’t one thing that defines a true halo fan.

Anyway, back on topic i find halo 4 to overall be a good game. There are aspects i dislike about it (lake of normal infection settings in customs as an example) But i really think 343 nailed it. Halo reach was different. It felt like halo but it didn’t feel good. 343 built off of that and took ideas and made them work instead of just removing them. (as an example AA balance in reach was horrid. In halo 4 we have all good AA’s and they all fit their own roles.)

In away the remind me of trearch. They always take risks and work outside the box and make good games. 343 seems to be doing this as well. I’m not saying halo won’t take losses (arena style shooters are not very popular anymore. Plus we have people stuck in the past) but i feel like halo is growing into something new and fantastic without dropping its core feeling. Not many series can pull that off.

I was skeptical when i first heard of halo 4. But now i can say with confidence here is to the good memories of the new trilogy!

> Just gotta say this before i go on but there isn’t one thing that defines a true halo fan.
>
> Anyway, back on topic i find halo 4 to overall be a good game. There are aspects i dislike about it (lake of normal infection settings in customs as an example) But i really think 343 nailed it. Halo reach was different. It felt like halo but it didn’t feel good. 343 built off of that and took ideas and made them work instead of just removing them. (as an example AA balance in reach was horrid. In halo 4 we have all good AA’s and they all fit their own roles.)
>
> In away the remind me of trearch. They always take risks and work outside the box and make good games. 343 seems to be doing this as well. I’m not saying halo won’t take losses (arena style shooters are not very popular anymore. Plus we have people stuck in the past) but i feel like halo is growing into something new and fantastic without dropping its core feeling. Not many series can pull that off.
>
> I was skeptical when i first heard of halo 4. But now i can say with confidence here is to the good memories of the new trilogy!

I can agree with you on that one. The game has an amazing feel to it when it’s actually behaving itself or whenever you aren’t suffering through -Yoink-.

Everyone loved halo when they only made a few changes and added some new features that made it amazing like halo 2 and 3 with forge the gameplay didn’t chane much but it became better every time. But taking a title with a legendary legacy like halo and trying to turn it into an entirely different game does not help anything. Halo 4’s campaign is great, but the multiplayer and campaign will always hide under the shadows of the legacy of the first triology. This turn was the wrong direction halo isn’t halo anymore, it’s a hybrid of other games with “halo” slapped on it

You’re forgetting back then shooters hadn’t really made a huge step up. The COD franchise wasn’t a Multimillion Dollar franchise. Halo was still on top for multiplayer so they could play it safe for the majority of the time. Until COD began rising and became the leading Multiplayer shooter. If Halo played it safe and only made minor changes it wouldn’t be up to par with the other shooters out there, plain and simple the game would just because another COD anyways.

Which is the same game mechanics with minor changes every game. I don’t want that. I don’t want to pay 60 dollars for the same crap over and over again.

I want something new, Halo 4 is new, if I want 3 2 1 Reach ODST I have the games, I can play them at any time.

> Everyone loved halo when they only made a few changes and added some new features that made it amazing like halo 2 and 3 with forge the gameplay didn’t chane much but it became better every time. But taking a title with a legendary legacy like halo and trying to turn it into an entirely different game does not help anything. Halo 4’s campaign is great, but the multiplayer and campaign will always hide under the shadows of the legacy of the first triology. This turn was the wrong direction halo isn’t halo anymore, it’s a hybrid of other games with “halo” slapped on it

Halo 2 and 3 and reach have all been equally bashed upon for being too different. Just like halo 4 is. If you had spent and good amount of time at Bnet you would know this. People have this annoying habit of recalling only the good things from the past. Completely forgetting all the bashing/hating that was done on the past titles. halo 2, supposedly the “best halo ever” Was absolutely terrible to begin with (EX taking 5-6 melees to kill) It was rampaent with people exploiting VIA button combos and had terrible hitboxes with monster aim assist on one side of the spartan (go look on youtube if you don’t believe me) But whenever halo 2 is brought up no one speaks of its issues or how people raged about the absense of the AR. They only praise it saying how much “skill” it took.

halo 4 is just as much halo as any other previous title. And in a few months a majority of the “true fans” that do most of the blind hating will have moved on and real fans with actual input will take their place on the forums/

> > Everyone loved halo when they only made a few changes and added some new features that made it amazing like halo 2 and 3 with forge the gameplay didn’t chane much but it became better every time. But taking a title with a legendary legacy like halo and trying to turn it into an entirely different game does not help anything. Halo 4’s campaign is great, but the multiplayer and campaign will always hide under the shadows of the legacy of the first triology. This turn was the wrong direction halo isn’t halo anymore, it’s a hybrid of other games with “halo” slapped on it
>
> Halo 2 and 3 and reach have all been equally bashed upon for being too different. Just like halo 4 is. If you had spent and good amount of time at Bnet you would know this. People have this annoying habit of recalling only the good things from the past. Completely forgetting all the bashing/hating that was done on the past titles. halo 2, supposedly the “best halo ever” Was absolutely terrible to begin with (EX taking 5-6 melees to kill) It was rampaent with people exploiting VIA button combos and had terrible hitboxes with monster aim assist on one side of the spartan (go look on youtube if you don’t believe me) But whenever halo 2 is brought up no one speaks of its issues or how people raged about the absense of the AR. They only praise it saying how much “skill” it took.
>
> halo 4 is just as much halo as any other previous title. And in a few months a majority of the “true fans” that do most of the blind hating will have moved on and real fans with actual input will take their place on the forums/

I actually made a habit of avoiding the forums on b.net when a new Halo would come out…it was worse in the Halo 2 days than it ever was for Reach or 4.

> to do nothing but succeed. I want 343 to get it right and get it done and make Halo as big as it was in the early days. But I don’t want another Halo 3.5 or any other previous Halo game.
>
> I want Halo to reinvent itself into a new shooter, I want it to take risks and do things other shooters haven’t. Or do things other shooters have adopted but even better.
>
> I want to relive the glory days of Halo through the new direction of Halo, so I will continue to support 343 and their developement team. I will continue to give positive and constructive feedback for when they are making Halo 5 they know and they have that courage to feel they can take risks and do something amazing with Halo again.
>
> Halo 4 is definately a big step and although they could have done a lot of things better or different it’s a start. And you always need to start with a step before you can walk or even run.
>
> Saying I’m not buying your games or I’m returning this or that. Isn’t helping! And it doesn’t make you a true Halo Fan.
>
> A true Halo Fan wants the series to succeed and will support that series until the bitter end.
>
> Thank you for reading.
>
> And thanks to anyone who agrees.

Wait, I was suppose to read? Dang…I guess I failed there.

There’s a big difference between fanboy and fan…