I am a little disappointed with the multi-player...

What i have seen so far for the multi-player has been gravely disappointing. I remember getting Halo CE for the PC before i had xbl so i could play some game online. Playing that game online was absolutely amazing and when i heard they were remaking Halo 1 for the 360 i was extremely happy! All i wanted was that nothing changed at all for it (aside from graphics, obviously) and that it had the multi-player that Halo PC originally had(you know, an actual online MP).

Now i come to find out that its going to have things like the DMR in it? Bloom? I hated Reach because of the added bloom (something about involving luck to kill someone when at max bloom?) and i rarely play it. i was hoping to be able to Pwn my friends on the original blood gulch with all snipes and no shields, the good ol days… I was seriously looking forward to playing on every map from the original Halo and possibly maps from the PC version but now that seems to be a long lost dream.

I don’t want some DLC maps for Reach when i get Halo CE:A, I want the original multi-player from halo 1. I am sure i speak for more than half the community when i say this too, Halo 1 was it. What started it all. Halo was the reason i got an xbox in the first place and i remember talking my father into letting me play the game (At the time i wasn’t old enough to play M rated games :P). Me and my friend spent the next few days playing through Halo 1 and 2 co-op and it was a complete blast. I have never had that much fun playing a game than i did with the first two halo’s.

If you do end up making Halo 2:A, i hope you don’t change a single thing about it. The multi-player was at its peak for Halo 2 IMO and the only reason i stopped playing it was because i got a 360. The weird thing about Halo 2 was that the glitches in it made it so much more fun. When you play competitively, your skill maxes out at just being able to not miss but in halo 2 after you mastered that, you had the button combo glitches. BXR’s, double shots, quad shots… I enjoyed getting a whole group of my friends and playing custom game after custom game. This never happened in any of the other halos either.

Super jumps, ahh the good old days. I remember at one point i was a complete glitch freak and learned pretty much every super jump there is. When me and my friends didn’t feel like playing online we would chill on a random map and just mess around, generally doing super jumps and other glitches. There was nothing more satisfying than playing in matchmaking where some noob uses a super jump and so you use the same one just to kill him. Then of course there were the 1v1’s. I absolutely loved facing people on lockout, and of course having my friends super bounce up to the top so they could watch the carnage.

I got off topic a little but you see where i was getting. I will still get the game without a doubt but it saddens me that you guys didn’t put the true halo multi-player in. I hope you decide to keep halo 2 the same in every aspect so i can enjoy hours and hours of multi-player with my friends.

Well the TU, is removing bloom, adding bleedthrough, removing sword block, adding the CE pistol, and nerfing AL and camo. Regardless you’re right it won’t be as good.

I thought they were just “adjusting” the bloom. Are they seriously completely removing it???

> I thought they were just “adjusting” the bloom. Are they seriously completely removing it???

From the classic playlist, yes.

> I thought they were just “adjusting” the bloom. Are they seriously completely removing it???

They have the ability to set a value for the intensity of bloom, from 0-100. 100 being the current bloom, and 0 being no bloom.

> > I thought they were just “adjusting” the bloom. Are they seriously completely removing it???
>
> They have the ability to set a value for the intensity of bloom, from 0-100. 100 being the current bloom, and 0 being no bloom.

Will we be able to do that in customs?

You can never cross the same river twice, of course CEA won’t be the same, but it will be a nod to the predecessor, which is about as good as your going to get.

> > > I thought they were just “adjusting” the bloom. Are they seriously completely removing it???
> >
> > They have the ability to set a value for the intensity of bloom, from 0-100. 100 being the current bloom, and 0 being no bloom.
>
> Will we be able to do that in customs?

No, none of the changes mess with the UI; all the gametypes are changed server-side, but we will be able to save the gametypes for our own usage.

Some people are really never happy…

It was already know for quite some time that 343 would remake the entire MP for Halo CEA

Well i figured if they were going to keep the campaign the exact same then they should have kept the multi-player the same aside from actually having online play.

Recreating the exact multiplayer from Halo CE would have required a longer development time, as they’d have to add the layer of HD graphics and recode the game to support Xbox Live. Not to mention Reach would have been dead a year after release. It looks like the OP was completely unaware of the huge Title Update 343 is bringing to Halo Reach in the near future. The TU will hit in late September and will be supporting beta hoppers. Basically some hoppers will remain the same as they are now (bloom, current beatdown system, AA’s are unchanged), and other beta hoppers will use all the elements from the TU. Right now 343 has confirmed these aspects about the TU:

• Bloom can be set at 0-100 (0 being NO bloom, and 100 being the current bloom).
  • Armor lock has been nerfed. Players who are stuck and then go into armor lock will die (the grenade will no longer fall off). Also, while in armor lock your power meter will drain every time you take damage while in armor lock.
  • Active Camo will last a shorter amount of time, and players who stand still with camo active no longer get extra time in camo.
  • 343 has tweaked the Reach pistol to function exactly like the Halo CE pistol. 3 shots to the head from anywhere on the map kills you.
  • Headshot bleed through damage has now been added making it possible to 3/4 shot players with the DMR/Pistol.
  • The beat downs will now bleed through your shield. Meaning if you have half a shield left, a beat down will kill you (and not just take down your remaining shield).

The maps 343 are bringing back (in the Halo CEA map pack) are:

• Battle Creek (Beaver Creek from Halo 2)
  • Prisoner
  • Timberlands
  • Hang Em High
  • Damnation
  • Headlong (from Halo 2)
  • Installation 04 as the firefight map (Marine AI will help you on this map).

Well half the things they are changing don’t even concern me. I DON’T play reach anymore and i could care less about armor lock and the DMR. Its not halo 1 when you have everything from halo reach in it. Simple as that. Halo:A will only go as far as the campaign and maybe some firefight but thats as much as i will be playing. MP should have been geared towards the old way of playing the game, not towards the newer Halo games that i have grown to dislike. I became a Halo fan from Halo 1 and 2, not from Reach.

> Well half the things they are changing don’t even concern me. I DON’T play reach anymore and i could care less about armor lock and the DMR. Its not halo 1 when you have everything from halo reach in it. Simple as that. Halo:A will only go as far as the campaign and maybe some firefight but thats as much as i will be playing. MP should have been geared towards the old way of playing the game, not towards the newer Halo games that i have grown to dislike. I became a Halo fan from Halo 1 and 2, not from Reach.

Funny because from what I’ve seen the multiplayer for CE:A plays fairly similar to a combination of Halo 2 and CE, not really 3 or Reach at all. The only thing similar to 3 and Reach it has is Reach’s netcode and graphics and Halo 3’s bugfixes of Halo 2’s multiplayer.

I actually love 343 for everything what they are doing for us.
3sk pistol seems to me like a huge, nice surprise and we should be glad its back. (dont forget about it)
Stop blaming 343, cuz they really want make us happy. PEACE !!!

PS. 343 - the real savior of halo