I am a competitive player, but......

…let’s just have a 50/50 split to end this “war”. We all want the same game just to have it tweaked to OUR OWN PREFERENCES. It’s not going to do any good on any side if it’s 80/20 or 70/30.

Competitive gameplay has been here since Halo CE and so has Casual gameplay. Let’s keep that so both sides can have their equal amount of fun.

It doesn’t matter if one side is far more bigger than the other. Let’s just aim to make the game fun and better for both sides.

Agreed?

But the question is… how?

Casual players can enjoy competitive gametypes where-as competitive players can’t enjoy casual gametypes.

I mean that in the sense that AR starts is a terrible idea and everything should be BR starts.

It doesn’t affect casuals, but it really does affect competitive players.

> But the question is… how?

I would say Halo 3 playlist setup but I’m going to have half of Waypoint disagreeing with me

> > But the question is… how?
>
> I would say Halo 3 playlist setup but I’m going to have half of Waypoint disagreeing with me

I agree with you. It’s not exactly rocket science.

Ranked Playlist = Competitive
Social Playlist = Casual

I can be competitive but I can do casual as well. It’s just a game and the main thing is just to have fun.

> > > But the question is… how?
> >
> > I would say Halo 3 playlist setup but I’m going to have half of Waypoint disagreeing with me
>
> I agree with you. It’s not exactly rocket science.
>
> Ranked Playlist = Competitive
> Social Playlist = Casual

Agree.

Why not just make a game, then some people can play it casually and some can play it competitively?

> Why not just make a game, then some people can play it casually and some can play it competitively?

Because the people who try hard in that game end up playing full parties of guests and making them quit playing forever.

> >
> > I would say Halo 3 playlist setup but I’m going to have half of Waypoint disagreeing with me
>
> I agree with you. It’s not exactly rocket science.
>
> Ranked Playlist = Competitive
> Social Playlist = Casual

According to Reach :

Ranked 1 playlist
Social every other playlist.

Yep, that’s “logic” for you -_-

Simple make two ranking systems for each playlist. f you just want the classic halo with no ailities go to the Colliseum, if you want to have more of a variety with abilities go to Arena. You can get ranked in either one of these playlists. Someone people might want to rank up up with being in a less classic playlist. Why alienate some people that like abilites?

> But the question is… how?

This is probably the fifth time i have posted this:

Playlists:

<mark>Classic</mark>

–Ranked–
Team Slayer
Team Swat
Squad Battle
Lone Wolves
Team Snipers
BTB
etc.

–Social–
Social Slayer
Rumble Pit
Social Big Team
Fiesta
Grifball
etc.

<mark>New</mark>

–Ranked–
Team Slayer
Team Swat
Squad Battle
Lone Wolves
Team Snipers
BTB
etc.

–Social–
Social Slayer
Rumble Pit
Social Big Team
Fiesta
Grifball
etc.

The New has AA’s and perks and loadouts, and armor affecting gameplay, but the Classic will not, it will be everyone spawns even and only player skill will affect the gameplay.

It will make it so everyone, whatever kind of Halo gameplay they like, will be able to play the gametype they want, the way they want to play it.

Ok I have the answer to your questions, go to this forum and read it and thats how it should be. http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst65891_Halo-4-matchmaking-rank.aspx

>
> This is probably the fifth time i have posted this:
>
> Playlists:
>
> <mark>Classic</mark>
>
> --Ranked–
> Team Slayer
> Team Swat
> Squad Battle
> Lone Wolves
> Team Snipers
> BTB
> etc.
>
> --Social–
> Social Slayer
> Rumble Pit
> Social Big Team
> Fiesta
> Grifball
> etc.
>
>
> <mark>New</mark>
>
> --Ranked–
> Team Slayer
> Team Swat
> Squad Battle
> Lone Wolves
> Team Snipers
> BTB
> etc.
>
> --Social–
> Social Slayer
> Rumble Pit
> Social Big Team
> Fiesta
> Grifball
> etc.
>
> The New has AA’s and perks and loadouts, and armor affecting gameplay, but the Classic will not, it will be everyone spawns even and only player skill will affect the gameplay.
>
> It will make it so everyone, whatever kind of Halo gameplay they like, will be able to play the gametype they want, the way they want to play it.

Thank you! someone who found out a way to have people rank up in either playstyle.

You have to think about numbers in the playlists.

You can’t split the community that heavily. It just doesn’t work.

>
> This is probably the fifth time i have posted this:
>
> Playlists:
>
> <mark>Classic</mark>
>
> --Ranked–
> Team Slayer
> Team Swat
> Squad Battle
> Lone Wolves
> Team Snipers
> BTB
> etc.
>
> --Social–
> Social Slayer
> Rumble Pit
> Social Big Team
> Fiesta
> Grifball
> etc.
>
>
> <mark>New</mark>
>
> --Ranked–
> Team Slayer
> Team Swat
> Squad Battle
> Lone Wolves
> Team Snipers
> BTB
> etc.
>
> --Social–
> Social Slayer
> Rumble Pit
> Social Big Team
> Fiesta
> Grifball
> etc.
>
> The New has AA’s and perks and loadouts, and armor affecting gameplay, but the Classic will not, it will be everyone spawns even and only player skill will affect the gameplay.
>
> It will make it so everyone, whatever kind of Halo gameplay they like, will be able to play the gametype they want, the way they want to play it.

So have 22 playlist of classic and new gameplay? No.

> >
> > This is probably the fifth time i have posted this:
> >
> > Playlists:
> >
> > <mark>Classic</mark>
> >
> > --Ranked–
> > Team Slayer
> > Team Swat
> > Squad Battle
> > Lone Wolves
> > Team Snipers
> > BTB
> > etc.
> >
> > --Social–
> > Social Slayer
> > Rumble Pit
> > Social Big Team
> > Fiesta
> > Grifball
> > etc.
> >
> >
> > <mark>New</mark>
> >
> > --Ranked–
> > Team Slayer
> > Team Swat
> > Squad Battle
> > Lone Wolves
> > Team Snipers
> > BTB
> > etc.
> >
> > --Social–
> > Social Slayer
> > Rumble Pit
> > Social Big Team
> > Fiesta
> > Grifball
> > etc.
> >
> > The New has AA’s and perks and loadouts, and armor affecting gameplay, but the Classic will not, it will be everyone spawns even and only player skill will affect the gameplay.
> >
> > It will make it so everyone, whatever kind of Halo gameplay they like, will be able to play the gametype they want, the way they want to play it.
>
> Thank you! someone who found out a way to have people rank up in either playstyle.

As I see it, if all of this gets put in, no-one will have the need to complain, but ofcourse, there will always be something someone will find to complain about, but that is life.

The only problem i see is that my idea has way to many playlists, it would make everyone happy but it would be to many playlists for the Halo 4 servers to comprehend. But im only guessing, no-one knows what the Halo 4 servers will be like.

> You have to think about numbers in the playlists.
>
> You can’t split the community that heavily. It just doesn’t work.

This man speaks the truth gentlemen.

> >
> > This is probably the fifth time i have posted this:
> >
> > Playlists:
> >
> > <mark>Classic</mark>
> >
> > --Ranked–
> > Team Slayer
> > Team Swat
> > Squad Battle
> > Lone Wolves
> > Team Snipers
> > BTB
> > etc.
> >
> > --Social–
> > Social Slayer
> > Rumble Pit
> > Social Big Team
> > Fiesta
> > Grifball
> > etc.
> >
> >
> > <mark>New</mark>
> >
> > --Ranked–
> > Team Slayer
> > Team Swat
> > Squad Battle
> > Lone Wolves
> > Team Snipers
> > BTB
> > etc.
> >
> > --Social–
> > Social Slayer
> > Rumble Pit
> > Social Big Team
> > Fiesta
> > Grifball
> > etc.
> >
> > The New has AA’s and perks and loadouts, and armor affecting gameplay, but the Classic will not, it will be everyone spawns even and only player skill will affect the gameplay.
> >
> > It will make it so everyone, whatever kind of Halo gameplay they like, will be able to play the gametype they want, the way they want to play it.
>
> So have 22 playlist of classic and new gameplay? No.

yeah, as I have said in the previous times i have posted this, there are WAY to many playlists, but we need to figure out a way for everyone to play the gametype they want to play, and play that gametype the way they want to play it.

I don’t like how there has been a lot of labeling. Just because a gamer doesn’t play to compete, sweat and rage doesn’t mean they are a casual. Video games are my number 1 hobby. I like to win, yeah, but I don’t like to compete.

Don’t make the game one big MLG playlist,
Don’t make the game one big casual-fest.

Make the game in the middle, and then switch up the rules for the MLG and the Action-Sackers. What I guess I’m getting at is, make a game that’s fun and balanced first, then worry about certain rules for certain playlists.