I am a colorblind Gamer.

Hey guys and 343 studios. I love the halo games and I am excited to see what you guys have in store for the halo franchise. I am a colorblind gamer. I suffer from total colorblindness, also known as Achromotopsia. I can only see in shades of gray. Although I love Halo, my condition has caused me problems. I often shoot my team mates because I think they are on the enemy team. Red and blue seem to have the same value, so they look the same. This can be very frustrating because it ticks people off.

So I was wondering if you could implement a playlist for colorblind gamers when you guys release halo 4? Perhaps one with a black team and a white team, so there is no room for confusion. If I am on the white team, and I see a black guy stealing my warthog, I won’t hesitate to shoot him anymore. Whereas before, it was hard to tell. If I am on the black team, and I see a white guy driving by, I will shoot him and hijack his vehicle.

If I am on the white team and I am driving the warthog, and I see a black guy, I won’t stop for him, in fact I’ll run him over. Before, I would often stop for the enemy because I thought he was on my team, only to get hijacked. But I won’t stop for the black guys because they will always hijack my vehicle. I think I made my point. With a black and white team, there is no room for confusion.

Or you could implement some sort of colorblind setting that makes the teams black and white on my screen. I know there are very few people with my condition, but I think it is something worth considering.

I’m not dissing on you in THE SLIGHTEST, but I always thought that the waypoints above people’s heads could differentiate them between ally or foe? But probably the waypoint above your allies’ heads blend in too much with the map because of your color blindedness? Probably…I’m just taking a guess here.

I know that CoD has an alternate color scheme for partial color blind people, but the way that game is set up, if you’re total color blind it’d be way harder to play that.

Perhaps in the Title Update 343i is including something to help people like you.

> I’m not dissing on you in THE SLIGHTEST, but I always thought that the waypoints above people’s heads could differentiate them between ally or foe? But probably the waypoint above your allies’ heads blend in too much with the map because of your color blindedness? Probably…I’m just taking a guess here.
>
>
> I know that CoD has an alternate color scheme for partial color blind people, but the way that game is set up, if you’re total color blind it’d be way harder to play that.
>
>
> Perhaps in the Title Update 343i is including something to help people like you.

Waypoints do help sometimes, however if it is against a blue background like the sky then it can be hard to see. and in moments of heated firefights, I sometimes lose track of the waypoints.

Ah yeah, I think it’s hard for a plenty of people to see the sky blue way point against the sky or water.

Well 343i monitors the forums, they’ll see this. If it’s not in the TU then suredly it’ll be in Halo 4.

> Ah yeah, I think it’s hard for a plenty of people to see the sky blue way point against the sky or water.
>
>
> Well 343i monitors the forums, they’ll see this. If it’s not in the TU then suredly it’ll be in Halo 4.

That’d be great.

Maybe they can make the waypoints bigger but have it as an option.

<4 <343

they could make the waypoint visible at all times, and have a different value than the sky.

You can always play invasion, you know because spartans vs elites.

> You can always play invasion, you know because spartans vs elites.

That’s not enough. I guess we an both agree that they need to do something for colour blind gamers. Isn’t Frankie partial colour blind too?

You can also play FFA.

Yes, he could play Invasion or Free For All, but what if he wants to play Team Slayer?

I agree with the OP, there should be an option in the game that helps colour blind people tell which team is friend and which is foe. Hopefully they notice this thread and consider it.