HZR Switchblade's "Under Fire" (Forge Map Pack) 5 Maps (Halo Reach)

HZR Switchblade’s “Under Fire” (Halo Reach Map Pack)

Hey guys this is my first post so I figured I would start it of with a bang! I’m her today to present to the Halo community the “Under Fire” Map Pack. I’ve been working on this map pack since the release of Halo Reach and am ready to unveil it today!

Details: The map pack consists of 5 maps which are named: “Creature Castle”,“Canyon Cavern”, “Siege”, “Rig”, and "Vertigo.

NOTICE: These maps are in what I consider BETA form. So if you find any bugs or problems with the maps just report them here directly to me and I will try to fix them ASAP.

User comments: Feel free to criticize the maps and give me pointers. I don’t get offended by opinions. So feel free to say whatever you want about them.

The First map I will discuss is “Creature Castle

“Creature Castle”

Game types supported - Primary (King of the hill) - Secondary (Any “Slayer”)

Number of secrets - 1

Budget used - Entire

Number of Vehicles - 1

Map Size - Small

Creature Castle is a map specifically designed around king of the hill. The main foucus of the map is the Castle in the middle. The top of the castle is where the hill is located. The castle its self is surrounded by two bases. There also are many other things you can climb or use a cannon to get to on this map.

The Second Map I will discuss is “Vertigo”

“Vertigo”

Game Types Supported - Primary (Invasion) - Secondary (King of the hill, any “Slayer”)

Number of Secrets - 1

Budget Used - Entire

Number of Vehicles - 2

Map Size - Large

Vertigo is a map that consists of two main bases and one neutral base (In the middle) located on the side of a cliff. All the bases are connected by a network of bridges, caves, and tunnels. This map is tailored for the game type “Invasion” due to the scale of the map. You can also play King of the hill on this map. The hill is located on the top of the “neutral” base.

The third map iI will discuss is “Rig”

“Rig”

Game Types Supported - Primary (any “Slayer”) - Secondary - King of the hill

Number of Secrets - 1

Budget Used - Entire

Number of Vehicles - 3

Map Size - Medium

Stunts - 1

Rig is a multilevel oil rig in the middle of the ocean. The rig has two bases on each side and is surrounded by various stuctures such as : a crane , connecting bridges, ect… This map is tailored for slayer but can also be played on King of the hill. The is located on top of the rig its self and is only accessible by multiple platforms leading to the top.

The fourth map I will discuss is “Siege”

Photo # 2

“Siege”

Game Types Supported - Primary (Invasion) - Secondary (any “Slayer”)

Number of Secrets - 0

Budget Used - Entire

Number of Vehicles - 5

Map Size - Large

The scenario of Siege focuses on an air craft carrier attacking a heavily fortified beachhead. The two main bases on the map are the air craft carrier (the blue team) and the beachhead fortress (the red team). The air craft carrier is outfitted with a full arsenal of weapons located on the second floor and an assortment of vehicles located on the top and bottom floor. I created a constant wave of bombs being dropped in front of the ship to create a scenarion of being attacked by the enemys on the beach head. This map is best when played on “Invasion” due to the scenario and the size of the map.

The fifth and final map (for right now) I will Discuss is “Canyon Cavern”

Photo # 2

“Canyon Cavern”

Game Types Supported - Primary (“Slayer” not Team Slayer) - Secondary - (King of the hill)

Number of Secrets - 1

Budget used - $9020

Number of Vehicles - 2

Map Size - Medium

Time of Day - Night

Canyon Cavern is a map that is almost entirley a cave. The whole map is enclosed with now way out. The map is dark to provide stealth. There is also an enclosed outside base connected by tunnels. Canyon Cavern is best when played on slayer. The map does not have specific enough bases to be used for team game types. It can also be played on King of the hill. The hill is located on the top of a platform located in the middle of the map.

I hope you enjoy my maps please comment on them. Feel free to ask me to put more gametypes in the maps I’ll do my best to make sure I put them in. I will continue to create maps. Feel free to give me ideas for any other maps you would like to see created. Thanks