Hypocritical censorship?

<mark>Do not post about forum moderation.</mark>

Why is it that people are endlessly allowed to post about how terrible the game and 343i is. While those who tell them they are wrong, are instantly locked or deemed trolls for positing that they are ignorant or stupid for what they keep insisting is ignorant and stupid. I’m all for stopping blatant hate and trolling but does anyone else find the favoritism ludicrous?

Um, I am not sure if you understand how criticism works. And I’ve found that the people who are calling others trolls are the pro-343i changers to the traditionalists. Not the other way around.

You’re allowed to criticize 343 if you do it in a positive and constructive way, and you can also praise them but if it’s something ridiculous like them finally adding post-game medals in MoR, then don’t be surprised if the community trashes you. Also if anything, the posts that bash 343 are the ones that get locked a lot, not the other way around. Which usually get locked because it’s some kid crying about something that 343 did wrong again.

> 2533274915643658;2:
> Um, I am not sure if you understand how criticism works. And I’ve found that the people who are calling others trolls are the pro-343i changers to the traditionalists. Not the other way around.

Yes I understand how criticism works, and I’m just asking for it to go both ways. I agree, I’m not saying there can’t be -Yoinks!- on either side. What I’m getting at are the “powers who be”, who I can’t mention or its auto-lock, only focus on one side. I just think more actual disagreement should be allowed.

> 2810058517516004;3:
> You’re allowed to criticize 343 if you do it in a positive and constructive way, and you can also praise them but if it’s something ridiculous like them finally adding post-game medals in MoR, then don’t be surprised if the community trashes you. Also if anything, the posts that bash 343 are the ones that get locked a lot, not the other way around. Which usually get locked because it’s some kid crying about something that 343 did wrong again.

I get what you’re saying, but a lot of the post are about how inept 343i is and the bad aspects of Halo, and censorship seems to fall more on those calling out the views in my opinion. I could just be wrong though and skewed in my viewpoint as I find the game pretty solid.

I guess it’s just because the more negative post are always the most popular, and they are so because of how polarizing they are. Kind of just had an epiphany I’m not gonna worry about it anymore and just go by how strong the community is.

> 2533274815188915;6:
> I guess it’s just because the more negative post are always the most popular, and they are so because of how polarizing they are. Kind of just had an epiphany I’m not gonna worry about it anymore and just go by how strong the community is.

It’s more like, the critical threads get a lot of debating from both sides of the issue; while the praising posts are just that and do not have much in the way of debate to have.

> 2533274815188915;4:
> > 2533274915643658;2:
> > Um, I am not sure if you understand how criticism works. And I’ve found that the people who are calling others trolls are the pro-343i changers to the traditionalists. Not the other way around.
>
>
> Yes I understand how criticism works, and I’m just asking for it to go both ways. I agree, I’m not saying there can’t be -Yoinks!- on either side. What I’m getting at are the “powers who be”, who I can’t mention or its auto-lock, only focus on one side. I just think more actual disagreement should be allowed.

Because there’s no such thing as freedom of speech on these forums. So no insulting not even trying to make it seem like an insult you can’t post the truth because you know the truth hurts so you have to be politically correct here or be “nice”. Though it does go both ways, more times the ones criticizing the game. Though you can’t complain about complainers you just add nothing to the topic. Plus the mods also can be reported for their actions you just don’t go about posting it again in another forum. As long as there is a loophole which there always is there’s room to utilize it. Plus if there were disagreements like you say you want. You would lose there is way more that like Halo but Halo 5 is not one of those things why do think so many left after the first weeks to month.

If I may. Unconstructive posts and threads about Halo 5 are locked plenty, but it seems as though the people who attempt to challenge those kinds of posts on the pro-Halo 5 side tend to have a bad habit of flaming and name-calling, both against the rules. If you can’t constructively critique someone on why their position is wrong without calling them ignorant or stupid, then you probably shouldn’t even bother.

> 2533274812652989;9:
> If I may. Unconstructive posts and threads about Halo 5 are locked plenty, but it seems as though the people who attempt to challenge those kinds of posts on the pro-Halo 5 side tend to have a bad habit of flaming and name-calling, both against the rules. If you can’t constructively critique someone on why their position is wrong without calling them ignorant or stupid, then you probably shouldn’t even bother.

A better explanation of what I said in this thread. Thanks Doc.

Most of the Halo community is toxic. it is unfortunate we all can’t just get along amd have fun.

<mark>Do not post about forum moderation, call out individuals, or flame/attack others.</mark>

Yeah I get that too. All these posts about “GET RID OF SPRINT” or “THIS DLC SUCKS”, you know the ones. The ones that all they really are is 343 bashing crap, no real constructive criticism just the same crap you see some halo purists whining about. Or those post that are pretty much just idiots saying “get good”.
Those threads go on and on without getting locked or hidden, yet I post on such a thread calling out the OP for acting like a child I GET MY POST HIDDEN OR TAKEN DOWN?! Like really??
Then again the only time that ever happens is from Snickedoodle…Aka the worse mod ever.

…Incoming DO NOT CALL OUT OTHER USERS!!

> 2533275023169910;12:
> Then again the only time that ever happens is from Snickedoodle…Aka the worse mod ever.

So like, you ARE aware that I’d come across this, right? And see this?

@Everyone else:

If you have a question about moderation, PM and ask next time.

Thanks.