Hydra Rockets do not belong in Ranked Plasylists

The hydra rockets are OP if you ask me, they lock on to other Spartans… this sounds more like a weapon you would use in custom games.When i first used it i had no idea it locked on untill i played Team Doubles and the enemy team kept using it. It is not impossible to dodge but it can be for some people. i dont see why this would be on a ranked playlist.

It’s not OP and it certainly belongs in Arena. The Hydra Launcher is actually one of the more difficult to use and skill-based power weapons in the game. If the other team is consistently beating you with it, you’re either running out into the open (which you shouldn’t be doing), or the user knows how to really use the weapon effectively. Or both.

Switch up your tactics, and you’ll likely see an improvement.

in Team Doubles Power Weapons are more OP than in regular Team Slayer

> 2533274805919869;3:
> in Team Doubles Power Weapons are more OP than in regular Team Slayer

Yes, maybe so. But that’s not what you originally wrote. You wrote that the Hydra Launcher doesn’t belong in Arena, and just now edited your post to say a ranked playlist, with the implication you’re talking solely about Team Doubles.

Either way, it belongs in Arena and isn’t going anywhere. So, my advice: Learn to use it, or learn to counter it. Otherwise you’re just going to keep getting locked onto and x’ploded. :slight_smile:

You could say the same about the Caster. I like the Hydra even in Plaza, im the dude who gets it every time and get 3-5 kills/game with it.

> 2533274805919869;1:
> It is not impossible to dodge but it can be for some people.

Maybe you should just get better.

It really isn’t OP. Even if they lock onto you (assuming you’re looking at them) you can still get at least 2-3 shots off on them before they fire. It would only be OP if the rockets fired faster and did more damage when free-firing.

> 2533274977530102;4:
> > 2533274805919869;3:
> > in Team Doubles Power Weapons are more OP than in regular Team Slayer
>
>
> Yes, maybe so. But that’s not what you originally wrote. You wrote that the Hydra Launcher doesn’t belong in Arena, and just now edited your post to say a ranked playlist, with the implication you’re talking solely about Team Doubles.
>
> Either way, it belongs in Arena and isn’t going anywhere. So, my advice: Learn to use it, or learn to counter it. Otherwise you’re just going to keep getting locked onto and x’ploded. :slight_smile:

well thats what i meant, i was play doubles a while ago and just found out they locked on.

hail hydra!

Guess we should remove the needler as well?..

Just Thrust away at the right moment.

its not OP, it takes what 3 direct rocket hits to kill you. by then you could hind behind a wall or something.

> 2533274911949286;12:
> its not OP, it takes what 3 direct rocket hits to kill you. by then you could hind behind a wall or something.

It takes two

> 2533274974284436;10:
> Guess we should remove the needler as well?..

And every other gun people are calling OP. So the pistol, BR, AR, DMR, list goes on.

The Hydra can easily be evaded. You should never be out in the open away from cover. What doesn’t belong are power ups in Slayer. It’s so cheap. I really like dying from an overshield AR or an invisible sniper.

Is this thread serious? Hydra isn’t even considered a power weapon in arena anymore. It’s no different than someone grabbing a needler. Only difference is a needler can still lock on when not in smart scope.

it doesn’t belong in breakout that’s for sure