Hydra not a power weapon?

How can 343 not think the Hydra is a power weapon? It literally kills in 2 shots if it hits you and it even locks on. I’d like to here some opinions.

It’s not?

The Hydra is a power weapon. Where’d you hear the claim that it isn’t one?

Its a power weapon. Unless you know something we dont :thinking:

It’s a teir 2 power weapon. Additionally, it is also counted as a power weapon in the “Power Play” commendation for companies.

Idk it seems like a power weapon to me. Last I checked it was on Warzone

It doesn’t need to be on a weapon pad to be considered a power weapon and the shotgun is an example of that.

> 2533274856300271;1:
> How can 343 not think the Hydra is a power weapon? It literally kills in 2 shots if it hits you and it even locks on. I’d like to here some opinions.

Well I guess peoples opinions are that it is a power weapon lol

It’s a very underrated power weapon. A lot of people walk right past it, but in the right hands it’s very deadly

Yeh the Hydra is a power weapon, probably shouldn’t exist since I found it a bit OP…not a fan of lock on weapons in Halo.

It is strange. My last commendation for Slayer Mastery is the power weapon pickups. On riptide I’ll pick it up like 4 times (when it respawns) but it doesn’t count towards Big Gun Runner, only Weapon Pad Weapons. So I understand what your saying. It is a power weapon, but it isn’t treated as so IG.

> 2535429593088083;3:
> The Hydra is a power weapon. Where’d you hear the claim that it isn’t one?

I was gonna say, pretty sure its considered a power weapon. Anyone who says otherwise has got some explaining to do

> 2533274794684102;9:
> It’s a very underrated power weapon. A lot of people walk right past it, but in the right hands it’s very deadly

Very handy to have in areas where there is very little cover e.g. Husky Raid.

I believe what he’s saying is he thinks the hydra isn’t considered a power weapon because it doesn’t spawn on any weapon pads in Arena, rather being hidden in some inconspicuous area on the map without a big “POWER WEAPON RIGHT HERE PLEASE PICK ME UP” above it. The same thing happens to shotguns on some maps, too, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a power weapon, on the contrary, it’s quite powerful. I can’t explain why shotguns nor hydras ever get their own weapon pads, you just gotta accept it, I guess.

Hydra is honestly OP

Anything that isn’t an AR, Magnum, BR, or DMR is considered a power weapon. At least REQ card wise that’s how it is organized.

> 2535412131947467;15:
> Hydra is honestly OP

I find it crazy how 343 can have a rocket and hyrda on the same map…

> 2533274937580949;16:
> Anything that isn’t an AR, Magnum, BR, or DMR is considered a power weapon. At least REQ card wise that’s how it is organized.

Definitely not true. Things like the storm rifle, bolt shot, and brute plasma rifle aren’t considered power weapons to any power weapon commendation or carnage report metric. They’re just weapon pickups.

Not being a load out weapon =/= power weapon

> 2535412131947467;15:
> Hydra is honestly OP

It really depends on the map. A lot of the Arena maps are full of corridors so you’re only gonna hit people the majority of the time if they’re out in the open areas, but it doesn’t take much to get behind some kind of cover. It being OP, would have a better case on BTB maps like Deadlock for example.

> 2727626560040591;19:
> > 2535412131947467;15:
> > Hydra is honestly OP
>
> It really depends on the map. A lot of the Arena maps are full of corridors so you’re only gonna hit people the majority of the time if they’re out in the open areas, but it doesn’t take much to get behind some kind of cover. It being OP, would have a better case on BTB maps like Deadlock for example.

Idk the map but there are Hydras next to the man cannons on each side, and you can rack up kills so easily if you get there early