HW2: Buy Now or Wait for GOTY?

Hi everybody,

I have been really curious to check Halo Wars 2 out, being a long-time Halo fan and craving for a good strategy game fix. I have been weighing on purchasing it now, but I pause knowing that the Rise of the Nightmare Expansion will be releasing soon. Should I wait for a Game of the Year edition, which I assume will be released eventually, or is the game discounted enough now where a purchase now would be justifiable?

I would love to hear your thoughts!

There is supposedly a Complete Edition coming out the same day as Awakening the Nightmare, which will be $60 and include the Season Pass DLC and Awakening the Nightmare. You could just wait for that.

> 2533274855883119;2:
> There is supposedly a Complete Edition coming out the same day as Awakening the Nightmare, which will be $60 and include the Season Pass DLC and Awakening the Nightmare. You could just wait for that.

That works for me! Surprisingly I have seen very little info towards a release date for Awakening the Nightmare, so I am totally in the dark.

> 2533274859220405;3:
> > 2533274855883119;2:
> > There is supposedly a Complete Edition coming out the same day as Awakening the Nightmare, which will be $60 and include the Season Pass DLC and Awakening the Nightmare. You could just wait for that.
>
> That works for me! Surprisingly I have seen very little info towards a release date for Awakening the Nightmare, so I am totally in the dark.

September 26th. Also, the Complete Edition was a leak by GameStop

This is the only reference to it on the internet so im not sure if it’s actually a real thing, since CA/343 have yet to confirm it.

Don’t know if the complete edition has ATN yet. But I would say wait a little and see if there is a complete edition coming along.

> 2533274927740213;5:
> Don’t know if the complete edition has ATN yet. But I would say wait a little and see if there is a complete edition coming along.

True, but it would be weird to call it the Complete Edition and not have the complete game. Plus, the Ultimate Edition already has the Season Pass stuff, so I don’t know what they’d add to the complete edition besides AtN that would make it different than the Ultimate Edition.