HW:DE code does not work

I just recieved my HW:DE code via Xbox Live Message a little while ago. I pre-ordered HW2:UE digitally. My code does not work for HW1:DE.

Error “Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred. The error has been recorded and we will investigate. Please try to redeem your code later.”

Resolved: had to click the link in the xbox live message to redeem because the code would not work when entered.

same here mine wont work at all

Thanks for the report! We’re aware of this and investigating.

the team is aware of some people getting errors when trying to redeem their codes. They’re working with the store team to remedy the issue but in the meantime many people are saying that this “work around” did in fact work for them:

Step 1 Once you’ve received your code thru messages from Xbox Live, sign in on your account on www.Xbox.com
Step 2 Click on your name and go down to messages, open the message from xbox showing your code.
Step 3 RIGHT CLICK the message where the code is and hit OPEN IN NEW TAB
Step 4 Should pop up with the title and give you the option to redeem, then go to your xbox and over to the ready to install list and you should see Halo Wars Definitive Edition ready to install, make sure you start the installation as it’s not automatic.

Did the Xbox.com thing open new tab and bam it’s working

> 2780570662795584;5:
> the team is aware of some people getting errors when trying to redeem their codes. They’re working with the store team to remedy the issue but in the meantime many people are saying that this “work around” did in fact work for them:
>
> Step 1 Once you’ve received your code thru messages from Xbox Live, sign in on your account on www.Xbox.com
> Step 2 Click on your name and go down to messages, open the message from xbox showing your code.
> Step 3 RIGHT CLICK the message where the code is and hit OPEN IN NEW TAB
> Step 4 Should pop up with the title and give you the option to redeem, then go to your xbox and over to the ready to install list and you should see Halo Wars Definitive Edition ready to install, make sure you start the installation as it’s not automatic.

Thanx! This worked for me!

You know 343 I really don’t think I would’ve pre ordered had I known the early access was already passed. I really wanted HW DE sooner as it cost more for the edition. And please don’t do the dlc codes anymore. From what I’ve heard they’re terrible and I’m visually disabled. I can’t exactly check my messages all the time. I won’t cancel simply because I hope ill eventually get a code