Husky Raid?

What exactly is Husky Raid other than sniper practice and explosions?
Has anybody actually captured a flag yet?
It’s fun, don’t get me wrong, but a bit too ridiculous for my taste.

I’ve seen several captures yes, and have been on the losing side a few times (Won most of them though)

I’ve even been in a game where the other team capped in the first two minutes, then we captured a flag after!

If everyone’s off doing their own thing, it’s unlikely that team will capture a flag - but if your team plays aggressively it’s much easier to capture one.

Ridiculous indeed, which is why it’s perfect for Action Sack ^^

It grew to me after a few games, I’d prefer a bit more breathing room to influence core strategy, but it’s the classic Action Sack chaos we missed for a long time.

Husky Raid? I thought it was called Stat-Padding Lane.

Can’t be worse than old fashioned Halo 3 ro sham bo.

> Husky Raid? I though it was called Stat-Padding Lane.

At least the game isn’t a legitimate CTF match ^^

In fact, I highly doubt the creators intended the flags to actually be the point of the game.

I’ve seen someone capture the flag… once

I think if you’re going to play non-conventional gametypes expect exorbitant amounts of stat padding. Fiesta CTF is the perfect go-to for unlocking Vanguard!

It’s a meat grinder that’s designed to be a meat grinder. I think it’s fun and appropriately placed in Action Sack.

As with any objective game (Grifball, CTF, KOTH, Oddball, etc.), I enjoy it as long as both teams honestly try to win, which happens enough to keep my interest.

The feedback thread is here.

> <mark>It’s a meat grinder that’s designed to be a meat grinder. I think it’s fun and appropriately placed in Action Sack.</mark>
>
> As with any objective game (Grifball, CTF, KOTH, Oddball, etc.), I enjoy it as long as both teams honestly try to win, which happens enough to keep my interest.
>
> The feedback thread is here.

This.

Husky Raid wasn’t designed to be serious - just like most of Action Sack’s gametypes. It was intended to be hectic, chaotic, and a mess of explosions and death. And it succeeded :slight_smile:

HOW DARE YOU INSULT HUSHY RAID!!!
Yes, quite a few times when I have played one team got to five flag captures. To win you need like 1 sniper, 1 guy/girl crouching in the middle of the two flags behind one of the big rocks with saw, shotgun, fuel rod cannon, or anything to take out the enemy quickly, finally 2 guys/girls going for the flag 1 to capture and 1 to guard. Hope this helps!

> HOW DARE YOU INSULT HUSHY RAID!!!
> Yes, quite a few times when I have played one team got to five flag captures. To win you need like 1 sniper, 1 guy/girl crouching in the middle of the two flags behind one of the big rocks with saw, shotgun, fuel rod cannon, or anything to take out the enemy quickly, finally 2 guys/girls going for the flag 1 to capture and 1 to guard. Hope this helps!

How did someone get to five flag captures? It only goes up to 3. Anyway I love playing Husky Raid, and quite a few times I have captured the flag.

PS: Go Hawks!

> HOW DARE YOU INSULT HUSHY RAID!!!
> Yes, quite a few times when I have played one team got to five flag captures. To win you need like 1 sniper, 1 guy/girl crouching in the middle of the two flags behind one of the big rocks with saw, shotgun, fuel rod cannon, or anything to take out the enemy quickly, finally 2 guys/girls going for the flag 1 to capture and 1 to guard. Hope this helps!

I said it was fun! Just ridiculous fun.

Put shield doors between the two spawns so that the spawn camp sniping stops. It’s impossible to have fun in this gametype unless the other team sucks badly at sniping.

> Put shield doors between the two spawns so that the spawn camp sniping stops. It’s impossible to have fun in this gametype unless the other team sucks badly at sniping.

Roshambo/Husky Raid, Fun. Pick one, both cannot exist.

> > HOW DARE YOU INSULT HUSHY RAID!!!
> > Yes, quite a few times when I have played one team got to five flag captures. To win you need like 1 sniper, 1 guy/girl crouching in the middle of the two flags behind one of the big rocks with saw, shotgun, fuel rod cannon, or anything to take out the enemy quickly, finally 2 guys/girls going for the flag 1 to capture and 1 to guard. Hope this helps!
>
> How did someone get to five flag captures? It only goes up to 3. Anyway I love playing Husky Raid, and quite a few times I have captured the flag.
>
>
>
>
> PS: Go Hawks!

You know what I meant!

It’s a fun game to just BS in. It’s also fun and frustrating when both teams are actually trying to capture the flags. Frustrating when your team keeps spawning with crap weapons, when the other team gets the Rods, Inc Cans, and pretty much better stuff. Hilarious when you kill the better equipped enemy with a plasma pistol. It’s all circumstance.

I played my first game 30 minutes ago.

Also my last. Didn’t enjoy it at all.

My team and I manged to capture 3 flags one game. I think the whole idea of Husky Raid is that it’s suppose to be chaotic fun. It’s something a bit different than what we are used to playing. Plus, I find it great for getting the “Hail Mary” medal. :smiley:

> What exactly is Husky Raid other than sniper practice and explosions?
> <mark>Has anybody actually captured a flag yet?</mark>
> It’s fun, don’t get me wrong, but a bit too ridiculous for my taste.

Yeah, me and 3 of the my friends captured all flags and won four games in a row of Husky Raid on the weekend. I’m not joking. :slight_smile: