#HunttheTruth Audio Logs Discovered!

Greetings Halo Waypointers,

I have come across a new discovery that may allow some new insight into the new Alternate-Reality Game (ARG)… for anyone not familiar with #HunttheTruth, it is a format device to enact hype in the Halo community and also offers some information about Halo’s main protagonist, John-117.

> A journalist named Benjamin Giraud who works for the Office of Naval Intelligence’s Section-II branch, is currently investigating the Master Chief Petty Officer Spartan-117. He recounts his discoveries in the forms of journalistic audio log entries, which are updated weekly…

The opening date of this ARG was March 22, 2015 @ 6:00PM PST… which begs the question… why is this date so significant?
Well…

• We know that nearly every year Halo products are announced, advertised and acknowledged at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) by Microsoft Studios and 343 Industries, which generally ends in some huge drops of information and a bucket load of hype… this year being the apparent release year of ‘Halo 5: Guardians’, we can assume something massive is to be expected at E3 2015, occurring in June 16 -18…Thus, from the moment the ARG was released, the calculated waiting time till E3 2015 is approximately 12 weeks…

And…

• During the teaser trailer ‘Bullet’, we notice that on the rotating missile are some engraved words, which, are assumed, to describe the Master Chief’s life… Son, Abductee, Victim, Orphan, Recruit, Soldier, Warrior, Ally, Hero, Saviour, Traitor… the number surmounts to eleven.Therefore I suggest that the engraved words, are simply not just descriptions of John’s life, but in-fact, the upcoming topics of each weeks audio entries… this would equal 12 entries total which includes the initial PRIMER 00 introduction entry…so therefore:

• AUDIO LOG 00: PRIMER- AUDIO LOG 01: SON- AUDIO LOG 02: ABDUCTEE- AUDIO LOG 03: VICTIM- AUDIO LOG 04: ORPHAN- AUDIO LOG 05: RECRUIT- AUDIO LOG 06: SOLDIER- AUDIO LOG 07: WARRIOR- AUDIO LOG 08: ALLY- AUDIO LOG 09: HERO- AUDIO LOG 10: SAVIOUR- AUDIO LOG 11: TRAITOR
    Also a curious note is that Benjamin Giraud states in PRIMER that he is venturing deep within classified files and unfolding conspiracies, which in conclusion could be the Spartan-II Program, Mjolnir Power Armor Systems Project and John-117’s personal file… as well as… I see this as a great way to show fans the entirety of the Master Chief’s life without needing to read all the extended universe, like the books, comics, videos etc.

UPDATE #1

It could actually be noted that each topic has an underlined theme about John’s humanity within each topic…

That’s what I figured as well, also “PRIMER” would symbolize the firing of the sniper when the primer is igniting the bullet to fire. Not sure what it has to do with John though.

Hope this is true!

This. I like it.

We know it’s a 12 part series that’s supposed to lead up to E3 (from the source code find).

But that is a good catch, linking the words to the number of episodes and is most likely the case.

Good spot! I agree, the numbers of words and weeks are probably not a coincidence.

Plus theres to be a trailer on sunday so pretty hyped.

That’s a fascinating theory! I hope you’re right. If they do it like that, then include the files in Halo 5 (for those of us without internet, of course), we’ve pretty much eliminated the ‘Canon Roadblock’ mentioned in another thread.

Also, I absolutely love the whole concept of seeing Master Chief examined by a (hopefully) unbiased third party. Everyone else we’ve seen speak about him has known him. Halsey, Mendez, Johnson, Arbiter, Laskey, his other SPARTAN-II compatriots… At last, we get to see what the John-117 looks like from the outside.

If we’re lucky, even us who’ve been here for ages and read/played/watched godforsaken pretty much everything will learn some stuff that Benjamin uncovers that we didn’t previously know. I’d love to learn more about what happened to his family after he was taken and the impact that had on them, or how his ‘death’ in 2553 was reacted to by the public (or how it was covered up). Accounts of other soldiers watching Spartans during brief downtime periods, perhaps even interviews with now-allied Sangheili who survived battles against S117 would be excellent to hear as well.

As someone else said, I too think we’re going to see the death of Master Chief Petty Officer John-117, but from the wreck of that man, we’ll get to see John born anew as his own man. I look forward ecstatically to the journey.

> 2533274844984484;7:
> Plus theres to be a trailer on sunday so pretty hyped.

Man, 12 weeks of audio logs before we even likely get to a real campaign gameplay trailer or more information about multiplayer beyond the arena experience. Puts into perspective how far away we are from September-November. :frowning:

I know we’re getting a live action trailer Sunday. Hopefully we get some ViDocs, maybe more episodes of The Sprint as well before E3.

Plus, I just noticed that the word on the bullet are set in order. Son references his time before the abduction, abductee is the process itself, victim is the fact that he never chose to join, orphan means that he lost his parents(even if they are alive, he cannot remember them), recruit is his time training to become a Spartan, soldier is him becoming a Spartan, warrior means him becoming better as a Spartan, ally is about his time fighting for humanity or his alliance with the Arbiter, hero is about the time when he fought the covenant and the flood, savior is about the fact that he defeated the flood and the Didact, finally traitor will talk about what happens between Halo 4 and 5.
Just my theory, but if it is right, we can expect to be told the life of the Master Chief.

I agree with this, I think this whole thing is to unlock Master Chief’s life to get all of the Halo fans up to date on the Master Chief side of the Halo universe as it plays an integral part in Halo 5 Guardians. It will pave the way, in my believe to a 12th word on the bullet…Guardian.

> 2533274859630784;10:
> Plus, I just noticed that the word on the bullet are set in order. Son references his time before the abduction, abductee is the process itself, victim is the fact that he never chose to join, orphan means that he lost his parents(even if they are alive, he cannot remember them), recruit is his time training to become a Spartan, soldier is him becoming a Spartan, warrior means him becoming better as a Spartan, ally is about his time fighting for humanity or his alliance with the Arbiter, hero is about the time when he fought the covenant and the flood, savior is about the fact that he defeated the flood and the Didact, finally traitor will talk about what happens between Halo 4 and 5.
> Just my theory, but if it is right, we can expect to be told the life of the Master Chief.

Well yeah it’s very clear those words are set in chronological order of Johns life.

This is a great theory I really hope it holds up. Those titles are provocative and they definitely have my attention.