Hunters and cyclops useless?

Ever since the recent patch when the tanks gained the 10% attack boost, i feel like the hunters and cylops have been doing not too good against them, is this just me or has vehicle counters have been left in the dark, i love hunters, and i know that the tanks beat infintry, but 6 upgraded hunters vs 4 scorpions with the hunters being basically being cannon fodder, i believe there is a problem. I think that the counters should live up to their name and counter what they should counter, but hey, that is just me.

Yeah but I think you need to look at return on investment here…6 hunters will lose against 4 scorpions, but if you put a army of hunters, cost for cost up against Scorpions as they are pretty expensive, with the right micro of course so they aren’t bunched up, hunters will win every day.

Furthermore, tanks are the most heavily armored vehicles out there. Hunters and Cyclops excel at dealing with anything lighter. They’re perfect for dealing with Wolverine/Reaver spam to clear the way for your air. And they’ll absolutely shut down early vehicle rushes.

Typically, I think you would want to use Hunters to deal with anti-base and anti-air vehicles (Kodiaks, Wolverines, Blisterbacks, and Reavers) so that your Air Units can move in to help clear everything else up. Granted, yes, they are anti-vehicle, but Wraiths and Scorpions are anti-infantry. This already makes them hardly ideal for the job to take on tanks unless you invest a large portion of your army to being anti-tank/vehicle. Even then, you’ll suffer huge losses and that’s a waste of time and supplies.

> 2535426910095694;1:
> Ever since the recent patch when the tanks gained the 10% attack boost, i feel like the hunters and cylops have been doing not too good against them, is this just me or has vehicle counters have been left in the dark, i love hunters, and i know that the tanks beat infintry, but 6 upgraded hunters vs 4 scorpions with the hunters being basically being cannon fodder, i believe there is a problem. I think that the counters should live up to their name and counter what they should counter, but hey, that is just me.

You gotta double the amount if you want them to be useful now. It bums me out but for hunters they’re not great, you need to be colony decimus or maybe atriox and use the leader well to do anything well. As long as you get tech 3 cyclopses and your economy isnt dead you’re good though.

> 2645194602585290;2:
> Yeah but I think you need to look at return on investment here…6 hunters will lose against 4 scorpions, but if you put a army of hunters, cost for cost up against Scorpions as they are pretty expensive, with the right micro of course so they aren’t bunched up, hunters will win every day.

Hunters are more OP of the Scorpion

I’ve found Hunters fill out a necessary role in YapYap armies as well, they add much-needed tank and anti-materiel firepower when your armies mostly consist of Cannon Fodder and Heavy Grunts. (Heavy Grunts have anti-vehicle capability of course, but it requires micro and Hunters output more consistent damage).

hunters over scorpions

Hunters and cyclopses can kill low tier vehicles eg ghosts,warthogs,marauders to some extent but people will upgrade to scorpions or wraith and those can easily out gun hunters and cyclops

Hunters are fine and generally have no issues, but cyclopses are absolute garbage. They get destroyed so fast and put out less dps than hunters