Hunter idea for Halo 5

I’ve had an idea that I’d like to see implemented in a Halo game for quite some time. I thought about it after watching the Halo Legends episode with the 50 foot tall Hunters. Can you see where this is going?

Giant Hunter bosses. I’m talking gigantic beefy -Yoinks!-. All of the Covenant races have different ranks, why not the Hunters? And Lekgolo worms can take thousands of different forms, so a bigger Hunter isn’t too much of a stretch for canon.

Just imagine it: you’re in a heavy firefight, the Covenant are retreating for seemingly no reason…then…GRRRRRRAAAAAAAAARRRRLLLL!!! A Hunter as big as two Wraiths stomps its way out from the fog!

… tank beats Hunter

> … tank beats Hunter

Tank doesn’t beat everything…

Sure why not? This game needs something.

I was thinking of something along the lines of the Berserker from Gears of War. Just a massive bipedal creature that requires your full attention until it’s dead.

I friggin’ want to assassinate a Hunter, Jeeees!

A giant Hunter? Like a Scarab?

Can I has my Hunter assassination?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whJyZ2J-Ghg

> > … tank beats Hunter
>
> Tank doesn’t beat everything…

Lol sorry i couldnt help it. Its one of the best moments in Halo 3

> A giant Hunter? Like a Scarab?

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of an infantry boss, not a vehicle boss. And I don’t really see Scarabs as being a Lekgolo form, but more of something that’s only powered by Lekgolo.

that would be freaking awesome. Ive been craving a real boss for a halo game for some time.

> > A giant Hunter? Like a Scarab?
>
> Well, I was thinking more along the lines of an infantry boss, not a vehicle boss.

Eh true… while they are the same thing technically, they wouldn’t really behave the same. I mean, for a start, comparing how quick a Scarab turns to how quick a Hunter does… you know, I think I’d actually be intimidated by that. Tough to take down, but not stupidly cheap like a Crawler Sniper. I like it!

> > … tank beats Hunter
>
> Tank doesn’t beat everything…

Or we just make bigger tanks…

> > > … tank beats Hunter
> >
> > Tank doesn’t beat everything…
>
> Or we just make bigger tanks…

… Forerunner tanks???

Hunters in H4 are pathetically easy compared to previous games. They need a serious beefing up for the next title.

> Hunters in H4 are pathetically easy compared to previous games. They need a serious beefing up for the next title.

No hunter has been as easy as the ones in Halo CE

Reach’s Hunters were definitely the hardest. And yeah, CE’s Hunters were easy because of a programming fluke where exposed parts were considered “head” so one shot from the Magnum killed them.

Why don’t we just have a sumo wrestling Jackal too in Halo 5??

Why don’t we put in a part where we watch that elite terrorist shoot hundreds of people in a shopping mall while we’re disguised as an elite to trick him??

Why don’t we give the Master Chief force powers to fight the Didact with??

Why don’t we bring back Lord Hood and kill another main character off??

Why don’t we put in a gold star “rank system” in Halo 5, where if you do anything, even walk, aim, or shoot your gun, you get a GOLD STAR which makes you a 50 rank GENERAL??

These are great ideas. Make it happen 343 Industries.

3 things Hunters need for Halo 5:

-attempt to flip incoming Hogs, try to do something about the massive Wraith trying to splatter them
-no more turning melees! But they should have a very fast turning speed to compensate. Less health so it’s not impossible to land a hit on them
-more aggression, more speed

Reach Hunters may be the toughest but they are far from aggressive. CE Hunters were superior. They could keep up with you when you were running at full speed and could chase you for miles!

Also, more often am I threatened by fuel rod guns than by a Hunter’s fuel rod cannon. The only reason their fuel rods work is because it’s explosion range is so big. They could use a new projectile because I find this to be cheap than impressive.

TLDR: Faster aggressive Hunters. A bulky camping mass of armor does not sound like a hunter.

Here you go. Basically what a Wraith would look like if it was designed around a Hunter.

THRONE MECH