Hunter Captain vs condor

SO I had a game where I was against someone not that good, so I decided to fully upgrade my hunter captain, give him 2 skiterers upgraded with full vehicle upgrades and he was Vet lv 3, (btw during all this I had 1 fully scarab with max skits attached, 5 engineers and rest banshees close to his bases), and I sent him to attack the enemy, he went against at first an army of mainly anti air to combat my banshees, he easily took these out and some Kodiaks and nightingales/hornets, killed the guys first base. second base comes some scorpions, turrets, and some nightingales. he killed them all to by me focusing the tanks first then the healers and then the turrets etc. on my way to the last base I encountered isabeles fully upgraded Spartan and a condor, ALONE at vet lv 3 with skiterers, he solo killed the Spartan AND killed the condor with barely losing any health, I find it funny how a unit that doesn’t take any pop can solo a unit that takes 40…

Did you know that Spartan John-117 can take entire Covenant armies mostly by himself? :slight_smile:

Well that could be it but since you stated the person you faced was also not that good so there’s that.

> 2533274834199344;3:
> Well that could be it but since you stated the person you faced was also not that good so there’s that.

Certainly plays a part, but there is really no excuse for something like that. It is pretty well known that the banished leaders are OP, especially as they are upgraded.

> 2641843709998544;4:
> > 2533274834199344;3:
> > Well that could be it but since you stated the person you faced was also not that good so there’s that.
>
> Certainly plays a part, but there is really no excuse for something like that. It is pretty well known that the banished leaders are OP, especially as they are upgraded.

What? The Brute Chieftain is pretty crap in large armies, the Honor Guard is crap in large armies, Atriox’s Chosen is pretty good for a unit that costs no pop. The Captain is the only problem.

I’ve heard stories - and seen one example - of the HC being severely OP. Based on what I saw, HC needs some reworking.

> 2533274829733449;5:
> > 2641843709998544;4:
> > > 2533274834199344;3:
> > > Well that could be it but since you stated the person you faced was also not that good so there’s that.
> >
> > Certainly plays a part, but there is really no excuse for something like that. It is pretty well known that the banished leaders are OP, especially as they are upgraded.
>
> What? The Brute Chieftain is pretty crap in large armies, the Honor Guard is crap in large armies, Atriox’s Chosen is pretty good for a unit that costs no pop. The Captain is the only problem.

He’s only a problem when garrisoned. On foot he is slow, vulnerable, and easy to kill.

> 2533274829733449;5:
> > 2641843709998544;4:
> > > 2533274834199344;3:
> > > Well that could be it but since you stated the person you faced was also not that good so there’s that.
> >
> > Certainly plays a part, but there is really no excuse for something like that. It is pretty well known that the banished leaders are OP, especially as they are upgraded.
>
> What? The Brute Chieftain is pretty crap in large armies, the Honor Guard is crap in large armies, Atriox’s Chosen is pretty good for a unit that costs no pop. The Captain is the only problem.

I was referencing a conversation about Atriox Chosen being ridiculous when Garrisoned, but as a whole he is OP. Honor Guard is extremely effective and is an absolute base killer. I don’t know enough about the brute chieftain, but if you feel that way about the banished leaders, you must feel the UNSC Spartans are horrifically UP.

lol thats nothing. put him in a garrison the captain can take out like 3 condors lol plain and simple the heros shouldn’t be able to be garrisoned theres no other way to go about it. without the garrisons they are all fairly balanced maybe Douglas could use a little something but fairly balanced I would say.

> 2533274813115252;9:
> lol thats nothing. put him in a garrison the captain can take out like 3 condors lol plain and simple the heros shouldn’t be able to be garrisoned theres no other way to go about it.

Well maybe if they changed how much shielding the garrison gives leaders! Because at a low level they are useful in a garrison but not invincible!

To everyone complaining about super units being killed by garrisoned heros: super units in this game are terrible! You can kill any garrisoned hero by building counter units and long range units. Super units are designed to take a punch but they have horrible DPS if you plan to make your entire army out of super units then prepare to lose it to half of an army with a proper combination of units. I can’t even begin to count the number of games I have played where I hold off an engineers+Scarab push with about 4-6 hunters, a shroud and a few engineers. If you make a real army with a healthy mix of support units, anti infantry, anti vehicle, anti air, and a core unit type then you will find that leaders in garrisons will get dropped in seconds if they are not supported.

> 2533274843762975;11:
> To everyone complaining about super units being killed by garrisoned heros: super units in this game are terrible! You can kill any garrisoned hero by building counter units and long range units. Super units are designed to take a punch but they have horrible DPS if you plan to make your entire army out of super units then prepare to lose it to half of an army with a proper combination of units. I can’t even begin to count the number of games I have played where I hold off an engineers+Scarab push with about 4-6 hunters, a shroud and a few engineers. If you make a real army with a healthy mix of support units, anti infantry, anti vehicle, anti air, and a core unit type then you will find that leaders in garrisons will get dropped in seconds if they are not supported.

I guess you haven’t seen the video clip of an HC in garrison taking on a decent pop army of varied units including Kodiaks spawning sentinels and over a period of 30 seconds not taking any additional damage.

Not to mention this was next to a base. So it needed to be dealt with right away; couldn’t be avoided, and couldn’t wait for a perfect army combo.

> 2533274843762975;11:
> To everyone complaining about super units being killed by garrisoned heros: super units in this game are terrible! You can kill any garrisoned hero by building counter units and long range units. Super units are designed to take a punch but they have horrible DPS if you plan to make your entire army out of super units then prepare to lose it to half of an army with a proper combination of units. I can’t even begin to count the number of games I have played where I hold off an engineers+Scarab push with about 4-6 hunters, a shroud and a few engineers. If you make a real army with a healthy mix of support units, anti infantry, anti vehicle, anti air, and a core unit type then you will find that leaders in garrisons will get dropped in seconds if they are not supported.

Go onto facebook and find the Halo Wars 2 Team Finder group and find a recent video of 3 scarabs and a minimum 60 pop army having at a garrisoned HC with skiterrers! Damage was going nowhere and one of the scarabs was losing more health than any other unit there

> 2533274951136901;13:
> > 2533274843762975;11:
> > To everyone complaining about super units being killed by garrisoned heros: super units in this game are terrible! You can kill any garrisoned hero by building counter units and long range units. Super units are designed to take a punch but they have horrible DPS if you plan to make your entire army out of super units then prepare to lose it to half of an army with a proper combination of units. I can’t even begin to count the number of games I have played where I hold off an engineers+Scarab push with about 4-6 hunters, a shroud and a few engineers. If you make a real army with a healthy mix of support units, anti infantry, anti vehicle, anti air, and a core unit type then you will find that leaders in garrisons will get dropped in seconds if they are not supported.
>
> Go onto facebook and find the Halo Wars 2 Team Finder group and find a recent video of 3 scarabs and a minimum 60 pop army having at a garrisoned HC with skiterrers! Damage was going nowhere and one of the scarabs was losing more health than any other unit there

I’ve seen the video and I retract my point . I think the siphon on the hunter captain definitely needs a tweak along with its damage resistance in cover.

Gotta realize this was a Veterancy 3 Hunter Captain. Obviously he’s going to be more tanky

> 2661949065475413;7:
> > 2533274829733449;5:
> > > 2641843709998544;4:
> > > > 2533274834199344;3:
> > > > Well that could be it but since you stated the person you faced was also not that good so there’s that.
> > >
> > > Certainly plays a part, but there is really no excuse for something like that. It is pretty well known that the banished leaders are OP, especially as they are upgraded.
> >
> > What? The Brute Chieftain is pretty crap in large armies, the Honor Guard is crap in large armies, Atriox’s Chosen is pretty good for a unit that costs no pop. The Captain is the only problem.
>
> He’s only a problem when garrisoned. On foot he is slow, vulnerable, and easy to kill.

I agree. Throwing vehicles at him and complaining he is OP makes no sense. When he kills hellbringers/snipers/rangers way too well, then the OP claims are justified.

I am seriously so sick of the nerf/Op complaints at this point. IMO, Devs should look at Top Tier play to make balancing decisions, rather than complaints from here/youtube.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274875084332;16:
> > 2661949065475413;7:
> > > 2533274829733449;5:
> > > > 2641843709998544;4:
> > > > > 2533274834199344;3:
> > > > > Well that could be it but since you stated the person you faced was also not that good so there’s that.
> > > >
> > > > Certainly plays a part, but there is really no excuse for something like that. It is pretty well known that the banished leaders are OP, especially as they are upgraded.
> > >
> > > What? The Brute Chieftain is pretty crap in large armies, the Honor Guard is crap in large armies, Atriox’s Chosen is pretty good for a unit that costs no pop. The Captain is the only problem.
> >
> > He’s only a problem when garrisoned. On foot he is slow, vulnerable, and easy to kill.
>
> I agree. Throwing vehicles at him and complaining he is OP makes no sense. When he kills hellbringers/snipers/rangers way too well, then the OP claims are justified.
>
> I am seriously so sick of the nerf/Op complaints at this point. IMO, Devs should look at Top Tier play to make balancing decisions, rather than complaints from here/youtube.

balancing at only top tier is a very stupid thing, there is a different between perceived balance in the technical standpoint and the perceived balance of the community, if the community believes it is balanced but it doesn’t seem like it on a technical standpoint then that’s fine because its the community you are trying to please, also you HAVE to consider the other end of the skill tree because if it is not fun for the lower skilled players and such then why would they stick with the game? the game would die out much quicker then if we were to balance only from the top tier. anyone that thinks that is honestly retarded

> 2533274959649201;17:
> > 2533274875084332;16:
> > > 2661949065475413;7:
> > > > 2533274829733449;5:
> > > > > 2641843709998544;4:
> > > > > > 2533274834199344;3:
> > > > > > Well that could be it but since you stated the person you faced was also not that good so there’s that.
> > > > >
> > > > > Certainly plays a part, but there is really no excuse for something like that. It is pretty well known that the banished leaders are OP, especially as they are upgraded.
> > > >
> > > > What? The Brute Chieftain is pretty crap in large armies, the Honor Guard is crap in large armies, Atriox’s Chosen is pretty good for a unit that costs no pop. The Captain is the only problem.
> > >
> > > He’s only a problem when garrisoned. On foot he is slow, vulnerable, and easy to kill.
> >
> > I agree. Throwing vehicles at him and complaining he is OP makes no sense. When he kills hellbringers/snipers/rangers way too well, then the OP claims are justified.
> >
> > I am seriously so sick of the nerf/Op complaints at this point. IMO, Devs should look at Top Tier play to make balancing decisions, rather than complaints from here/youtube.
>
> balancing at only top tier is a very stupid thing, there is a different between perceived balance in the technical standpoint and the perceived balance of the community, if the community believes it is balanced but it doesn’t seem like it on a technical standpoint then that’s fine because its the community you are trying to please, also you HAVE to consider the other end of the skill tree because if it is not fun for the lower skilled players and such then why would they stick with the game? the game would die out much quicker then if we were to balance only from the top tier. anyone that thinks that is honestly retarded

No. Simply because lower skilled players wail “OP” without knowing a counter. Higher tier (or average players for that matter) players know the counters, therefore the unit in question is not OP.

Example. “locusts are OP”. Many people saying this without trying new tactics. High tier play this is not a problem. So in this scenario, Locusts should be further nerfed because the low skill community cannot counter it? No thanks. Scout the enemy, build counter units. Build a mixed army. Learn your leaders.

“Not fun” for the lower skilled players? Every RTS has a learning curve, Halo wars 2 is very generous with this. In fact, the fun behind the game is getting stomped by a tactic, and learning to counter it, then countering it successfully the next time it happens. Rather than wailing on the forums for it to be nerfed so you can “have fun”. If keeping the long term meta interesting causes lower skilled players who wail instead of countering tactically leave the game, then I am all for it. As it is these same players who quit the game as soon as they see a rush, because they for some reason think they should be safe from attack to slowly build whatever they had planned to.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274875084332;18:
> > 2533274959649201;17:
> > > 2533274875084332;16:
> > > > 2661949065475413;7:
> > > > > 2533274829733449;5:
> > > > > > 2641843709998544;4:
> > > > > > > 2533274834199344;3:
> > > > > > > Well that could be it but since you stated the person you faced was also not that good so there’s that.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Certainly plays a part, but there is really no excuse for something like that. It is pretty well known that the banished leaders are OP, especially as they are upgraded.
> > > > >
> > > > > What? The Brute Chieftain is pretty crap in large armies, the Honor Guard is crap in large armies, Atriox’s Chosen is pretty good for a unit that costs no pop. The Captain is the only problem.
> > > >
> > > > He’s only a problem when garrisoned. On foot he is slow, vulnerable, and easy to kill.
> > >
> > > I agree. Throwing vehicles at him and complaining he is OP makes no sense. When he kills hellbringers/snipers/rangers way too well, then the OP claims are justified.
> > >
> > > I am seriously so sick of the nerf/Op complaints at this point. IMO, Devs should look at Top Tier play to make balancing decisions, rather than complaints from here/youtube.
> >
> > balancing at only top tier is a very stupid thing, there is a different between perceived balance in the technical standpoint and the perceived balance of the community, if the community believes it is balanced but it doesn’t seem like it on a technical standpoint then that’s fine because its the community you are trying to please, also you HAVE to consider the other end of the skill tree because if it is not fun for the lower skilled players and such then why would they stick with the game? the game would die out much quicker then if we were to balance only from the top tier. anyone that thinks that is honestly retarded
>
> No. Simply because lower skilled players wail “OP” without knowing a counter. Higher tier (or average players for that matter) players know the counters, therefore the unit in question is not OP.
>
> Example. “locusts are OP”. Many people saying this without trying new tactics. High tier play this is not a problem. So in this scenario, Locusts should be further nerfed because the low skill community cannot counter it? No thanks. Scout the enemy, build counter units. Build a mixed army. Learn your leaders.
>
> “Not fun” for the lower skilled players? Every RTS has a learning curve, Halo wars 2 is very generous with this. In fact, the fun behind the game is getting stomped by a tactic, and learning to counter it, then countering it successfully the next time it happens. Rather than wailing on the forums for it to be nerfed so you can “have fun”. If keeping the long term meta interesting causes lower skilled players who wail instead of countering tactically leave the game, then I am all for it. As it is these same players who quit the game as soon as they see a rush, because they for some reason think they should be safe from attack to slowly build whatever they had planned to.

the problem was the counter units to locusts were trash, they were SLOWER then them and had less range unless you used cutter, and if you tried air then just mix in some reavers and that takes out air to counter them, so yes they were OP you idiot. make anti vehicle infantry? get easily outranged and kited by the locusts, yes they did low dmg but if you are taking dmg but not doing any damage eventually you will die. so yes they were op and needed a nerf

> 2533274959649201;19:
> > 2533274875084332;18:
> > > 2533274959649201;17:
> > > > 2533274875084332;16:
> > > > > 2661949065475413;7:
> > > > > > 2533274829733449;5:
> > > > > > > 2641843709998544;4:
> > > > > > > > 2533274834199344;3:
> > > > > > > > Well that could be it but since you stated the person you faced was also not that good so there’s that.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Certainly plays a part, but there is really no excuse for something like that. It is pretty well known that the banished leaders are OP, especially as they are upgraded.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > What? The Brute Chieftain is pretty crap in large armies, the Honor Guard is crap in large armies, Atriox’s Chosen is pretty good for a unit that costs no pop. The Captain is the only problem.
> > > > >
> > > > > He’s only a problem when garrisoned. On foot he is slow, vulnerable, and easy to kill.
> > > >
> > > > I agree. Throwing vehicles at him and complaining he is OP makes no sense. When he kills hellbringers/snipers/rangers way too well, then the OP claims are justified.
> > > >
> > > > I am seriously so sick of the nerf/Op complaints at this point. IMO, Devs should look at Top Tier play to make balancing decisions, rather than complaints from here/youtube.
> > >
> > > balancing at only top tier is a very stupid thing, there is a different between perceived balance in the technical standpoint and the perceived balance of the community, if the community believes it is balanced but it doesn’t seem like it on a technical standpoint then that’s fine because its the community you are trying to please, also you HAVE to consider the other end of the skill tree because if it is not fun for the lower skilled players and such then why would they stick with the game? the game would die out much quicker then if we were to balance only from the top tier. anyone that thinks that is honestly retarded
> >
> > No. Simply because lower skilled players wail “OP” without knowing a counter. Higher tier (or average players for that matter) players know the counters, therefore the unit in question is not OP.
> >
> > Example. “locusts are OP”. Many people saying this without trying new tactics. High tier play this is not a problem. So in this scenario, Locusts should be further nerfed because the low skill community cannot counter it? No thanks. Scout the enemy, build counter units. Build a mixed army. Learn your leaders.
> >
> > “Not fun” for the lower skilled players? Every RTS has a learning curve, Halo wars 2 is very generous with this. In fact, the fun behind the game is getting stomped by a tactic, and learning to counter it, then countering it successfully the next time it happens. Rather than wailing on the forums for it to be nerfed so you can “have fun”. If keeping the long term meta interesting causes lower skilled players who wail instead of countering tactically leave the game, then I am all for it. As it is these same players who quit the game as soon as they see a rush, because they for some reason think they should be safe from attack to slowly build whatever they had planned to.
>
> the problem was the counter units to locusts were trash, they were SLOWER then them and had less range unless you used cutter, and if you tried air then just mix in some reavers and that takes out air to counter them, so yes they were OP you idiot. make anti vehicle infantry? get easily outranged and kited by the locusts, yes they did low dmg but if you are taking dmg but not doing any damage eventually you will die. so yes they were op and needed a nerf

It is so easy to avoid this. DO NOT FIGHT THE GARRISONED HERO. It is that simple. There are no garrisons in strategic enough positions for this to matter. If you somehow let the hero get garrisoned near your base, take your army to his base. He will be missing a large piece of his army. Stop taking your armies to fight an immobile unit. The most the hero can do is destroy a supply pad. If the enemy got there hero out early that means they had an early armory. Early armory is very bad because it takes up an important supply pad spot or barracks spot early. This means that if you have units it should be very easy to just take them to his base and destroy it.

This has never been a problem to me and I have almost 1000 games played…Remember just walk away there aren’t any garrisons that are in strategic enough places.