Hunt a Hero?!?

The storyboard is really strange. Until now, of halo 5 guardian we saw that our favorite Spartan: John is the target of another new character: Locke.

Think about it, the great hero of the humanity who saved it, is hunted like a simple beast. What the -Yoink-?

I didn’t note any respect from the UNSC or other Spartans for John. Well… yes at the end of Halo 4, there was. But the humanity and the UNSC should see him like a war hero. If there were some justice, UNSC should never ask anything to John again.

In the video when we see Locke shoot John, it’s almost an insult for the story build around John.

What do you think about it?

I think you should check out http://huntthetruth.tumblr.com/. You’ve got some catching up to do.

Can you make me a summary? I’m lazybones xD

dude serious xD?! just click on the link and check by yourself xD

Below is the summary of what happened so far:

Benjamin Giraud (reporter) was tasked on writing an article on the Master Chief. He started digging and found cover ups and all (ONI doing some atrocious things surrounding the spartan programme), until at some point a video is released showing the Master Chief crashing into a peace conference between humans and Sangheili on Biko and killing little over 20 people. He escapes with the Sangheili delegates and takes the human embassy leader with him, who was later found dead on another nearby planet.

However, quite recently it became clear that Sapien Sunrise (group of human elitist/racists in the Outer Colonies who want humanity to wipe out the rest of the Covenant) were planning a terrorist attack on that peace conference. Chief somehow got wind of it and crashed in there, shooting the infiltrators and protecting the innocent. The embassy leader got shot in the firefight and could not be saved (or something along those lines) and was therefore removed from the ship.

This is what it winds down to: only we, Benjamin and several others know the truth, whilst the rest of humanity believes the Chief just turned against them, going crazy from presumably SPARTAN-II augmentations. This is why ONI is sending Locke in to capture/kill the Chief as part of another dastardly plan. The public nearly demands his head at this point and as long as ONI keeps manipulating them we’re in for a pickle.

Might not be the best summary out there, but it covers the main points I think.

Because the website is anarchic (structured as a simple blog). It pissed me off to read everything to find what I’m looking for xD And it is better to ask directly to people who has already read everything and can explain it to me :wink:

thanks Heroic Snorro :wink:

So Locke doesn’t know the truth and this is why he is hunting John (I hope, because if I know, he’s a -Yoink-).
But I don’t understand, John “worked” for UNSC, or ONI? For me, he worked for UNSC, so if he did, UNSC has to know the truth, no?
(games don’t explain this, we have to read many thing from many site, book, other. It is pretty inapprehensible)

Well after all, as I said, humains -Yoinked!- John even if he has saved them.
I thought that the story transformed John as a dog which has to be called back by the UNSC… :confused:

> 2533274888656869;6:
> Because the website is anarchic (structured as a simple blog). It pissed me off to read everything to find what I’m looking for xD And it is better to ask directly to people who has already read everything and can explain it to me :wink:
>
> thanks Heroic Snorro :wink:
>
> So Locke doesn’t know the truth and that is why is hunting John (I hope, because if I know, he’s a -Yoink-).
> But I don’t understand, John “worked” for UNSC, or ONI? For me, he worked for UNSC, so if he do, UNSC has to know the truth, no?
> (games don’t explain this, we have to read many thing from many site, book, other. It is pretty inapprehensible)
>
> Well after all, as I said, humains -Yoinked!- John even if he has saved them.
> I thought that the story transformed John as a dog which has to be called back by the UNSC… :confused:

I understood very little of this post, but John never worked for ONI. He is/was a Spartan-II under the command of the UNSC. The Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) is not part of the UNSC. It is very similar to the CIA and the United States military. The UNSC and ONI are clearly two separate entities in the games, especially in Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach, where ONI plays a more prominent role than in the core trilogy.

John disappeared after the events of Halo 4. He reunited with his old Spartan-II buddies, Blue Team (seen w/ him in the Halo 5 cover art), fought the Didact again, and then he and Blue Team went AWOL. That was the last we heard of him until he shot up the embassy in Hunt the Truth. We may learn more details about where he’s been in the coming months, but no doubt part of Halo 5 will be explaining where he and Blue Team have been and why.

You just have to be patient. All will be explained in time.

OP, I think you should reexamine your logic a little. If someone did me a favour, and then stabs me, should I be resentful? Of course! From the UNSC’s point of view, John has committed treason, sabotaging vital peace talks. They don’t know the truth, for whatever reason that is. Hence, they send Locke out. John’s past actions don’t excuse him in any way, just as someone helping out at an old folk’s home doesn’t acquit them of theft.

After all:
Terrorists tried to kill people during a peace conference -> John arrived, and blocked them, but some people died -> People (who? ONI?) said that John is the terrorist who done it. -> Locke (ONI) is looking for John.

People are very stupid, or ONI know the truth and they are fu**ing bas*ards.

> 2533274932540799;8:
> OP, I think you should reexamine your logic a little. If someone did me a favour, and then stabs me, should I be resentful? Of course! From the UNSC’s point of view, John has committed treason, sabotaging vital peace talks. They don’t know the truth, for whatever reason that is. Hence, they send Locke out. John’s past actions don’t excuse him in any way, just as someone helping out at an old folk’s home doesn’t acquit them of theft.

So John can’t leave the UNSC, he is just like slave after all he has done?
Is he a terrorist? Of course not. If he didn’t go to this peace conference, there would have been more died people. He didn’t do anything wrong.

If you have time, listen to the audio series. It’s well done, and you’ll be able to have a better understanding of what’s going on.

> 2533274872578239;11:
> If you have time, listen to the audio series. It’s well done, and you’ll be able to have a better understanding of what’s going on.

Agreed I hadn’t seen any of them for a long time (I think they were already through 9 when I started). I simply put them on in while I was working, it doesn’t take too long, and they are really well done.

> 2533274872578239;11:
> If you have time, listen to the audio series. It’s well done, and you’ll be able to have a better understanding of what’s going on.

Please do all of your confusion will be wiped away revelation after revelation.

> 2533274888656869;10:
> > 2533274932540799;8:
> > OP, I think you should reexamine your logic a little. If someone did me a favour, and then stabs me, should I be resentful? Of course! From the UNSC’s point of view, John has committed treason, sabotaging vital peace talks. They don’t know the truth, for whatever reason that is. Hence, they send Locke out. John’s past actions don’t excuse him in any way, just as someone helping out at an old folk’s home doesn’t acquit them of theft.
>
>
> So John can’t leave the UNSC, he is just like slave after all he has done?
> Is he a terrorist? Of course not. If he didn’t go to this peace conference, there would have been more died people. He didn’t do anything wrong.

I think you’ve misinterpreted me.It has nothing to do with him leaving. In fact, after the whole Didact business, Lord Hood told him to take a break, get some rest. Then John decided to run off with three other high-grade UNSC assets, is not seen again until the Biko massacre, and again, from the UNSC’s point of view, he murdered innocents. They weren’t actually innocents, as we know, but the UNSC doesn’t know that. For their state of knowledge, the reaction is completely justified.

> 2533274826620064;5:
> Below is the summary of what happened so far:
>
>
>
>
>
> Benjamin Giraud (reporter) was tasked on writing an article on the Master Chief. He started digging and found cover ups and all (ONI doing some atrocious things surrounding the spartan programme), until at some point a video is released showing the Master Chief crashing into a peace conference between humans and Sangheili on Biko and killing little over 20 people. He escapes with the Sangheili delegates and takes the human embassy leader with him, who was later found dead on another nearby planet.
>
> However, quite recently it became clear that Sapien Sunrise (group of human elitist/racists in the Outer Colonies who want humanity to wipe out the rest of the Covenant) were planning a terrorist attack on that peace conference. Chief somehow got wind of it and crashed in there, shooting the infiltrators and protecting the innocent. The embassy leader got shot in the firefight and could not be saved (or something along those lines) and was therefore removed from the ship.
>
> This is what it winds down to: only we, Benjamin and several others know the truth, whilst the rest of humanity believes the Chief just turned against them, going crazy from presumably SPARTAN-II augmentations. This is why ONI is sending Locke in to capture/kill the Chief as part of another dastardly plan. The public nearly demands his head at this point and as long as ONI keeps manipulating them we’re in for a pickle.
>

>
>
> Might not be the best summary out there, but it covers the main points I think.

Quick correction Its not ONI thats after the Chief in HTT its the UEG (the civilian government) ONI was trying to cover up the the events on Biko (presumably to stop people from over-reacting as they have done). Then Fero (a rebel leader) Leaked the footage.

> 2533274844984484;15:
> > 2533274826620064;5:
> > Below is the summary of what happened so far:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Benjamin Giraud (reporter) was tasked on writing an article on the Master Chief. He started digging and found cover ups and all (ONI doing some atrocious things surrounding the spartan programme), until at some point a video is released showing the Master Chief crashing into a peace conference between humans and Sangheili on Biko and killing little over 20 people. He escapes with the Sangheili delegates and takes the human embassy leader with him, who was later found dead on another nearby planet.
> >
> > However, quite recently it became clear that Sapien Sunrise (group of human elitist/racists in the Outer Colonies who want humanity to wipe out the rest of the Covenant) were planning a terrorist attack on that peace conference. Chief somehow got wind of it and crashed in there, shooting the infiltrators and protecting the innocent. The embassy leader got shot in the firefight and could not be saved (or something along those lines) and was therefore removed from the ship.
> >
> > This is what it winds down to: only we, Benjamin and several others know the truth, whilst the rest of humanity believes the Chief just turned against them, going crazy from presumably SPARTAN-II augmentations. This is why ONI is sending Locke in to capture/kill the Chief as part of another dastardly plan. The public nearly demands his head at this point and as long as ONI keeps manipulating them we’re in for a pickle.
> >

> >
> >
> > Might not be the best summary out there, but it covers the main points I think.
>
>
> Quick correction Its not ONI thats after the Chief in HTT its the UEG (the civilian government) ONI was trying to cover up the the events on Biko (presumably to stop people from over-reacting as they have done). Then Fero (a rebel leader) Leaked the footage.

Definitely true. It’s rather hard trying to summarise it all on the spot without listening to all of it again. Thanks for the correction!

The audio series is extremely well written and most Halo fans enjoy it, so you should give it a go.

just started with the audio series…need to train my english skills a bit to get everything right ^^

Yes me to, if you’re french like me sometime it’s hard to understand everything^^

> 2533274932540799;14:
> > 2533274888656869;10:
> > > 2533274932540799;8:
> > > OP, I think you should reexamine your logic a little. If someone did me a favour, and then stabs me, should I be resentful? Of course! From the UNSC’s point of view, John has committed treason, sabotaging vital peace talks. They don’t know the truth, for whatever reason that is. Hence, they send Locke out. John’s past actions don’t excuse him in any way, just as someone helping out at an old folk’s home doesn’t acquit them of theft.
> >
> >
> > So John can’t leave the UNSC, he is just like slave after all he has done?
> > Is he a terrorist? Of course not. If he didn’t go to this peace conference, there would have been more died people. He didn’t do anything wrong.
>
>
> I think you’ve misinterpreted me.It has nothing to do with him leaving. In fact, after the whole Didact business, Lord Hood told him to take a break, get some rest. Then John decided to run off with three other high-grade UNSC assets, is not seen again until the Biko massacre, and again, from the UNSC’s point of view, he murdered innocents. They weren’t actually innocents, as we know, but the UNSC doesn’t know that. For their state of knowledge, the reaction is completely justified.

I understand. But how UNSC can think The Major killed innocents? Imagine be a high-grade UNSC commander, you know what he did during the war against covenants, and against the didact. How can you believe so easily that the Major came during a peace conference with covenants and killed innocents?

That’s just unbelievable =o