Humans believing Covenant doctrine?

So I had a thought recently. With the Covenant refugees in Rio de Janerio, I have to wonder if a crossing of cultures could’ve emerged. One such idea is that of humans perhaps accepting Covenant doctrine about the Forerunners. I remember Reff 'Talamee in Bloodlines offering to teach Black-One about the Great Journey while they were in the captivity of 686 Equilibrium Prism. Obviously Reff was a tad more fanatical and a lay preacher, but with Covenant on Earth, one must wonder if their ideas bleed into human culture. I know those ancient alien theorists would be all over it and less wacky ideas have penetrated popular culture.

What do you think?

I highly doubt it. I’m sure the refugees weren’t there to spread their culture and socialize. Not to mention that people would be hesitant to even associate with them.

> I highly doubt it. I’m sure the refugees weren’t there to spread their culture and socialize. Not to mention that people would be hesitant to even associate with them.

You should seriously visit Venezia, even Jackals abide by traffic laws. Though given that Venezia isn’t occupied by the UNSC or ONI, I guess it may not be a 100% fair example. But still, the point remains that humans and other former client races of the Covenant can indeed live in peace with each other on the same world.

> > I highly doubt it. I’m sure the refugees weren’t there to spread their culture and socialize. Not to mention that people would be hesitant to even associate with them.
>
> You should seriously visit Venezia, even Jackals abide by traffic laws. Though given that Venezia isn’t occupied by the UNSC or ONI, I guess it may not be a 100% fair example. But still, the point remains that humans and other former client races of the Covenant can indeed live in peace with each other on the same world.

CAN is the key word. The Covenant weren’t zealously focused on destroying Venezia. Earth was their target. So why would its inhabitants welcome them and their culture with open arms? They wouldn’t. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? No.

> > > I highly doubt it. I’m sure the refugees weren’t there to spread their culture and socialize. Not to mention that people would be hesitant to even associate with them.
> >
> > You should seriously visit Venezia, even Jackals abide by traffic laws. Though given that Venezia isn’t occupied by the UNSC or ONI, I guess it may not be a 100% fair example. But still, the point remains that humans and other former client races of the Covenant can indeed live in peace with each other on the same world.
>
> CAN is the key word. The Covenant weren’t zealously focused on destroying Venezia. Earth was their target. So why would its inhabitants welcome them and their culture with open arms? They wouldn’t. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? No.

Well, we would of all been able to get along, had it not been for Jul and the Storm Covies. Lololol

EDIT: Not trolling.

The refugees weren’t there to spread and socialize, etc, doesn’t mean they didn’t have it in the back of their heads :slight_smile:

We’ve had characters in Kilo 5 that have said that they can see why the Forerunners could be treated as gods.

They can manipulate time and space.

They can create intelligent life.

Almost immortal.

They were precursors to our civilization.

Relics and shrines littered all over the galaxy.

It ain’t hard to see why the Covies saw them as gods and if we’ve got Travis’es xenophobic ODSTs at the very least understanding that logic than I don’t see why civilians wont be open to it.

Besides if a religion like the Triad can become so popular so quickly in the UNSC it’ll probably only take a couple of decades for the Great journey to catch on.

The idea ain’t out of the question in my book.

Makes you wonder if any of the client races will catch on to one of our religions? Many have just lost faith in the great journey so maybe some of them will be looking for something else now.

It’s probably more likely on somewhere like Venezia - as they are actually living - living there; as opposed to being in a refugee camp. I doubt there will be many Humans around to learn besides military personnel who likely by and large harbour grudges/prejudices.

Unggoy are the ones I see there being the most exchange with - I really hold out hope for those little guys, imagine the amount of knowledge they can gain being freed from the yolk of the Covenant. Maybe even the Jiralhanae - if there are any thinking ones long the lines of Macabeus (? Tartarus father).

I do think the exchange ill be more Human culture towards the aliens - mostly because of them being Human societies; if they are willing to open their worlds up you can get loads more Evan Phillips types.

> Makes you wonder if any of the client races will catch on to one of our religions? Many have just lost faith in the great journey so maybe some of them will be looking for something else now.

knock, knock

“Hello, my name is Yapyap and have you heard the news about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?”

Well what about the human are reclaimers?

What I want to know is if some of the Covenant client species would resume the religions they practiced before the Covenant came to them.

Perhaps some Jiralhanae build some shrine to “Rukt”, or something?

A major factor I think that would be, how informed are civilian humans about the events taking place in the galaxy. Does the average human being even know what a forerunner or a halo ring is. If not than I think it possible some would come to believe it.

Another thing, what kind of refugees are we talking about? Refugees that were still loyal to the prophets at the end of the war or are we granting refugee status to our new allies trying to get accustomed to post war life.

> > Makes you wonder if any of the client races will catch on to one of our religions? Many have just lost faith in the great journey so maybe some of them will be looking for something else now.
>
> knock, knock
>
> “Hello, my name is Yapyap and have you heard the news about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?”

I could genuinely see a grunt doing this haha.

Tbf if we had had the same exposure to forerunner artefacts and technology during our development as a species, we likely would have built a religion around them.

Well they may be able to convince some humans to convert in reverence of the Forerunners, but I think that you guys forget that the post-war Covenant and other factions don’t believe in the Great Journey anymore thanks to the Prophet of Truth.

Speaking of which. Does anybody want to see the Prophets return in some form?

If any humans did pick up the Covenant religion It could be disastrous. It would certainly be a dangerous thing if a human was influenced to the point they went to a Halo to start the “Great Journey.”
Say for example they found a ring with the Flood still contained. They could easily get the index and bring it to the control room. And boom, no sentient life in the Galaxy.

But I don’t think any exchange of ideas, especially religious ideas would occur between humans and Covenant. Especially post-War as most Covenant know the Great Journey is a lie. It is still fun to contemplate though.

“Hey, there’s this Great Journey we’re all taking, care to come along? You guys are the only creatures in the galaxy who can make it happen, by the way. The tools of the gods only respond to your touch, so we actually need you.”
But instead, they decide humanity should be exterminated. In fact, it seems kind of stupid that they never tried to get humanity to join the Covenant. I mean, they thought grunts were more worthy than we were, and we’re the flippin’ reclaimers. They should’ve been nice about it.

Also, I’ve had a lot of strange people coming to my door and try to get me to follow their beliefs and I politely send them away … and those are humans. So I definitely wouldn’t listen to an alien.

> But instead, <mark>they decide humanity should be exterminated.</mark> In fact, it seems kind of stupid that they never tried to get humanity to join the Covenant. I mean, they thought grunts were more worthy than we were, and we’re the flippin’ reclaimers. They should’ve been nice about it.

If you were the leader of an extremely powerful organization and were then imposed with a truth that could mean the complete usurping of all of your power, what would you have done? Would you have gladly given up the millenniums of work that you did to gain your position, or would you do all that you could to preserve your power?

If I were in that situation, I’d wage war against the Humans in half a heartbeat.

> > But instead, <mark>they decide humanity should be exterminated.</mark> In fact, it seems kind of stupid that they never tried to get humanity to join the Covenant. I mean, they thought grunts were more worthy than we were, and we’re the flippin’ reclaimers. They should’ve been nice about it.
>
> If you were the leader of an extremely powerful organization and were then imposed with a truth that could mean the complete usurping of all of your power, what would you have done? Would you have gladly given up the millenniums of work that you did to gain your position, or would you do all that you could to preserve your power?
>
> If I were in that situation, I’d wage war against the Humans in half a heartbeat.

They had waged war against the humans before that “truth” was known. Before either side discovered a ring. They didn’t hear about the “truth” until Spark told the “Heretic” leader. Why wouldn’t they try to indoctrinate the humans into the covenant like with the other species when they first made contact? Then they would have the reclaimers on their side.

> > > But instead, <mark>they decide humanity should be exterminated.</mark> In fact, it seems kind of stupid that they never tried to get humanity to join the Covenant. I mean, they thought grunts were more worthy than we were, and we’re the flippin’ reclaimers. They should’ve been nice about it.
> >
> > If you were the leader of an extremely powerful organization and were then imposed with a truth that could mean the complete usurping of all of your power, what would you have done? Would you have gladly given up the millenniums of work that you did to gain your position, or would you do all that you could to preserve your power?
> >
> > If I were in that situation, I’d wage war against the Humans in half a heartbeat.
>
> They had waged war against the humans before that “truth” was known. Before either side discovered a ring. They didn’t hear about the “truth” until Spark told the “Heretic” leader. Why wouldn’t they try to indoctrinate the humans into the covenant like with the other species when they first made contact? Then they would have the reclaimers on their side.

Pretty sure it was mentioned in Contact Harvest or somewhere that the Covenant recognized Humanity as Reclaimers with Forerunner technology they had at the start of the war.

> > > > But instead, <mark>they decide humanity should be exterminated.</mark> In fact, it seems kind of stupid that they never tried to get humanity to join the Covenant. I mean, they thought grunts were more worthy than we were, and we’re the flippin’ reclaimers. They should’ve been nice about it.
> > >
> > > If you were the leader of an extremely powerful organization and were then imposed with a truth that could mean the complete usurping of all of your power, what would you have done? Would you have gladly given up the millenniums of work that you did to gain your position, or would you do all that you could to preserve your power?
> > >
> > > If I were in that situation, I’d wage war against the Humans in half a heartbeat.
> >
> > They had waged war against the humans before that “truth” was known. Before either side discovered a ring. They didn’t hear about the “truth” until Spark told the “Heretic” leader. Why wouldn’t they try to indoctrinate the humans into the covenant like with the other species when they first made contact? Then they would have the reclaimers on their side.
>
> Pretty sure it was mentioned in Contact Harvest or somewhere that the Covenant recognized Humanity as Reclaimers with Forerunner technology they had at the start of the war.

Correct, in Contact Harvest. The entire reason that the Prophets ordered a Holy War against Humanity was to preserve the Covenant hierarchy and for Truth, Regret, and Mercy to take power.