Humans are Forerunners but not really?

Someone explain this to me. Halo 3 stated humans were Forerunner, but Halo 4 stated Forerunners were not humans. Humans were wiped out after their genetic code was saved and then devolved as punishment and then brought back?

I thought maybe the human code was mixed with Forerunner as an explanation but that doesn’t seem to hold water.

What did I miss?

Bungie is bad at stories that need depth.

I could tell you of humanity, I could tell you of the Forerunners…

Hmmm, I just thought. Halo 2 the Convenant uses humans to try and activate the rings, but its not until Halo 3 that 343 Guilty Spark says humans are forerunner.
In Halo 3, 343 Guilty Spark tells the chief “You are the child of my makers, inheritor of all they left behind. You are forerunner” So its inferring since humans are child of the Forerunner then the are Forerunner???

And how did the Convenant know they needed a human to activate the rings? Or how did the profits know? Unless the “oracle” said so.

Originally Bungie meant the Forerunners to be ancient humans. Then in H3, Bungie made them be a separate species (see the Terminals for more info). Halo 4 solidifies that they are indeed a separate species but alters the mythos some as to the purpose behind their actions. There is some discussion that way far back they were at one point the same species, but then diverged. If you really want some more information, I would recommend the Forerunner Trilogy by Greg Bear

<This should probably be in the Halo Universe section>

the problem is that a forerunners put hes ADN in humand to be the reclaimers of his creations. But one forerune dont want that (didact) and star tu transform all human to prometheans to defeat the flood

Humans and Forerunners were both created by the Precursors, but if I remember correctly the Forerunners destroyed The Precursors and the Precursors then made Flood to combat the Forerunners. Humans are the closest relation to Forerunners to sum it up.

> 2533274856110620;2:
> Bungie is bad at stories that need depth.
>
> I could tell you of humanity, I could tell you of the Forerunners…

Bungie is the actual reason, Halo is what it is today.

If Halo still was at Bungie’s acquisition it would’ve definitely be an evolved universe.

I am not taking one side,
I am on Bungie’s & 343i sides.

Thanks everyone for the info. I need to read up more on the universe. :slight_smile:

> 2533274803217960;3:
> Hmmm, I just thought. Halo 2 the Convenant uses humans to try and activate the rings, but its not until Halo 3 that 343 Guilty Spark says humans are forerunner.
> In Halo 3, 343 Guilty Spark tells the chief “You are the child of my makers, inheritor of all they left behind. You are forerunner” So its inferring since humans are child of the Forerunner then the are Forerunner???
>
> And how did the Convenant know they needed a human to activate the rings? Or how did the profits know? Unless the “oracle” said so.

In Contact Harvest, the prophets learn that humans are meant to reclaim the forerunners’ artifacts.

No, Forerunners are a separate race entirely, Promethean’s are humans transformed into a digital “soul” and put into a mechanical body to prevent the flood corruption. The easiest way to think of the Forerunners is to think of them like Greek/Roman gods, they have had their hands on all the goings-on within the universe at one point or another.

> 2533274803217960;8:
> Thanks everyone for the info. I need to read up more on the universe. :slight_smile:

Read the Forerunner trilogy by Greg Bear. Cryptum, Primordium and Silentium. In these books humans and forerunners exist side by side.

I think bungie planed to have forrunners be human but 343 had other ideas.

Please don’t revive old threads.

Thanks.