Humanity/ Forerunner Alliance and the Precursors

This is all speculation and I will try to make it as organized as possible. Due to Cortana unleashing the Guardians and shutting down most of the technology across the galaxy, do any of you think that humanity would turn to Forerunner technology while also reverting back to older human tech (explaining the art style)? The big contradiction to Forerunner tech is obviously due to the Created having control over a lot of the technology already (and the Janus Key from Spartan Ops being destroyed in Escalation), but what if we were to see familiar characters in opposition to Cortana taking the Mantel? My idea is as follows:

  • Cortana has the logic plague and a Precursor (Abaddon from Halo: Fractures) in the domain has influenced her— the Guardian EMP attacks will allow the flood to spread far more than they had in any prior game. Mendicant would encounter the Banished and the Spirit of Fire forces and try to contain the flood. - Old Forerunner characters such as Guilty Spark and the Didact (who are both in an odd consciousness form) put aside their differences to act as intervention to stop what Cortana put into motion. Mendicant joins in, wanting to get redemption while taking out an AI which technically mirrors his mistakes.The big thing that I believe could tie the Didact and Mendicant together would be the idea of Cortana having the logic plague. While I don’t think this is officially confirmed, it would make sense for Mendicant to use the AI uprising as a chance for redemption and for the Didact to take control of his Prometheans. It would be cool if they could intervene and gather their own army of Guardians to bring down a rampant Cortana, as well as the flood. I cannot recall the name of the Forerunner AI in Escalation, but he claimed that Cortana was the rightful ruler of the Mantel. What if the Cortana we saw in Halo: 5 was the fully infected ‘version’, of the Gravemind who had control over her in Halo: 2 and Halo: 3? And what if the claims of her being the holder are all misinformed due to the Domain having that living Precursor in it from Halo: Fractures?

I doubt it’ll go that deep into the lore. That’s introducing a bunch of stuff in one game. Considering that Bias is on the Ark along with the SoF and the Banished, unless they come in contact with Chief, I doubt we’ll see them this game. The only way for us to see Bias is for him to hitch a ride on SoF or with the Banished. If anything, we’ll see the core of Bias and that’s it. We’ll probably get into the history of ancient humans in the ring and possibly the flood facilities. I’ve got a feeling this game is a soft reboot. It’ll be like CE in terms of mysteriousness. I’m thinking there will be an emphasis on exploration and discovery. If there are terminals and possibly a Codex, maybe the story will be told through those but I don’t see Infinite getting that deep.

I read somewhere that Abaddon IS the Domain? But maybe it was just a Precursor intelligence in the Domain, I dunno. Like the Domain was his body or somethin

It isn’t confirmed (but I wish it was) that Cortana is infected by the Logic Plague.
Halo Primordium spoilers.

343 Guilty Sparks is currently in search of the Librarian. He’s not in his shell anymore but i has taken control of a UNSC ship.The Didact is the second confirmed character to be infected by the Logic Plague. As such, he will always hate Humanity and hace an obcession with finding the cure for the Flood. Currently… he’s been… composed… by Chief.
Mendicant Bias is stuck on the Ark. However, he has a body or mind, I don’t know what in Zeta Halo or Installation 07. While it’s possible that he may appear in Halo Infinite, I think it’s likely that the chances are slim. I don’t know, as of this day anything can happen in the story.

> 2533274948374590;1:
> This is all speculation and I will try to make it as organized as possible. Due to Cortana unleashing the Guardians and shutting down most of the technology across the galaxy, do any of you think that humanity would turn to Forerunner technology while also reverting back to older human tech (explaining the art style)? The big contradiction to Forerunner tech is obviously due to the Created having control over a lot of the technology already (and the Janus Key from Spartan Ops being destroyed in Escalation), but what if we were to see familiar characters in opposition to Cortana taking the Mantel? My idea is as follows:

The Janus Key and Absolute Record weren’t destroyed. Effectively zapped out of the story for the time being, but factually not destroyed at the time of writing.

> - Cortana has the logic plague and a Precursor (Abaddon from Halo: Fractures) in the domain has influenced her— the Guardian EMP attacks will alow the flood to spread far more than they had in any prior game. Mendicant would encounter the Banished and the Spirit of Fire forces and try to contain the flood.

Couple things:

  1. Again, it’s speculation as you say, but we’ve got a half dozen or so explanations for Cortana’s condition and I wouldn’t even rank logic plague as that high of one. To do so would be to invite plot holes where none previously existed, notably how if the Gravemind is able to subvert Cortana now how it was unable to discover she had the Index during their encounter with each other. Or how it just knew she’d be in any kind of position to be an asset for it’s goals.

  2. Abaddon is probably destroyed. When the Forerunner named Growth-Through-Trial-of-Change activated the deadbolt of the Domain, she became the template for a reborn Domain.

  3. It isn’t like the power from a Guardian’s EMP would last forever, inevitably Cortana is going to get things back up and running. You’d also need the Flood being unleashed for them to spread and the only recent outbreak occurred on the Ark, which is outside the galaxy and effectively contained.

  4. Mendicant Bias is implied to be destroyed by its own estimation in the Halo 3 terminals upon the destruction of Installation 08 and it’s subsequent damage to the Ark.

> - Old Forerunner characters such as Guilty Spark and the Didact (who are both in an odd consciousness form) put aside their differences to act as intervention to stop what Cortana put into motion. Mendicant joins in, wanting to get redemption while taking out an AI which technically mirrors his mistakes.

You’re going to have to re-introduce Guilty Spark to folks, as well as the Didact and introduce Mendicant Bias on top of that to the mainstream audience. Considering 343’s goals for simpler Halo stories here on out, that isn’t very likely.

> The big thing that I believe could tie the Didact and Mendicant together would be the idea of Cortana having the logic plague. While I don’t think this is officially confirmed, it would make sense for Mendicant to use the AI uprising as a chance for redemption and for the Didact to take control of his Prometheans. It would be cool if they could intervene and gather their own army of Guardians to bring down a rampant Cortana, as well as the flood. I cannot recall the name of the Forerunner AI in Escalation, but he claimed that Cortana was the rightful ruler of the Mantel.

That part of your statement I put in bold never happened.

> What if the Cortana we saw in Halo: 5 was the fully infected ‘version’, of the Gravemind who had control over her in Halo: 2 and Halo: 3? And what if the claims of her being the holder are all misinformed due to the Domain having that living Precursor in it from Halo: Fractures?

That other bolded piece of text right there would be a huge slap in the face of Cortana’s character and invalidate years of her character development for a -Yoink- twist.

> 2533274812652989;5:
> > 2533274948374590;1:
> > This is all speculation and I will try to make it as organized as possible. Due to Cortana unleashing the Guardians and shutting down most of the technology across the galaxy, do any of you think that humanity would turn to Forerunner technology while also reverting back to older human tech (explaining the art style)? The big contradiction to Forerunner tech is obviously due to the Created having control over a lot of the technology already (and the Janus Key from Spartan Ops being destroyed in Escalation), but what if we were to see familiar characters in opposition to Cortana taking the Mantel? My idea is as follows:
>
> The Janus Key and Absolute Record weren’t destroyed. Effectively zapped out of the story for the time being, but factually not destroyed at the time of writing.
>
>
>
>
> > - Cortana has the logic plague and a Precursor (Abaddon from Halo: Fractures) in the domain has influenced her— the Guardian EMP attacks will alow the flood to spread far more than they had in any prior game. Mendicant would encounter the Banished and the Spirit of Fire forces and try to contain the flood.
>
> Couple things:
>
> 1. Again, it’s speculation as you say, but we’ve got a half dozen or so explanations for Cortana’s condition and I wouldn’t even rank logic plague as that high of one. To do so would be to invite plot holes where none previously existed, notably how if the Gravemind is able to subvert Cortana now how it was unable to discover she had the Index during their encounter with each other. Or how it just knew she’d be in any kind of position to be an asset for it’s goals.
>
> 2. Abaddon is probably destroyed. When the Forerunner named Growth-Through-Trial-of-Change activated the deadbolt of the Domain, she became the template for a reborn Domain.
>
> 3. It isn’t like the power from a Guardian’s EMP would last forever, inevitably Cortana is going to get things back up and running. You’d also need the Flood being unleashed for them to spread and the only recent outbreak occurred on the Ark, which is outside the galaxy and effectively contained.
>
> 4. Mendicant Bias is implied to be destroyed by its own estimation in the Halo 3 terminals upon the destruction of Installation 08 and it’s subsequent damage to the Ark.
>
>
>
>
> > - Old Forerunner characters such as Guilty Spark and the Didact (who are both in an odd consciousness form) put aside their differences to act as intervention to stop what Cortana put into motion. Mendicant joins in, wanting to get redemption while taking out an AI which technically mirrors his mistakes.
>
> You’re going to have to re-introduce Guilty Spark to folks, as well as the Didact and introduce Mendicant Bias on top of that to the mainstream audience. Considering 343’s goals for simpler Halo stories here on out, that isn’t very likely.
>
>
>
>
> > The big thing that I believe could tie the Didact and Mendicant together would be the idea of Cortana having the logic plague. While I don’t think this is officially confirmed, it would make sense for Mendicant to use the AI uprising as a chance for redemption and for the Didact to take control of his Prometheans. It would be cool if they could intervene and gather their own army of Guardians to bring down a rampant Cortana, as well as the flood. I cannot recall the name of the Forerunner AI in Escalation, but he claimed that Cortana was the rightful ruler of the Mantel.
>
> That part of your statement I put in bold never happened.
>
>
>
>
> > What if the Cortana we saw in Halo: 5 was the fully infected ‘version’, of the Gravemind who had control over her in Halo: 2 and Halo: 3? And what if the claims of her being the holder are all misinformed due to the Domain having that living Precursor in it from Halo: Fractures?
>
> That other bolded piece of text right there would be a huge slap in the face of Cortana’s character and invalidate years of her character development for a -Yoink- twist.

Noted. My apologies on getting the AI Escalation part wrong. What happened again? What did it tell Halsey?

> 2533274833309866;3:
> I read somewhere that Abaddon IS the Domain? But maybe it was just a Precursor intelligence in the Domain, I dunno. Like the Domain was his body or somethin

I think you are right on that. I personally do not have a copy of Fractures. If you find out feel free to let me know.

> 2533274948374590;7:
> > 2533274833309866;3:
> > I read somewhere that Abaddon IS the Domain? But maybe it was just a Precursor intelligence in the Domain, I dunno. Like the Domain was his body or somethin
>
> I think you are right on that. I personally do not have a copy of Fractures. If you find out feel free to let me know.

Hidden Xperia made a video explaining what does Abbandon mean. You could always check it.