human WEAPONRY question *Possible SPoiler*

As we all know, the master chief was last seen floating away in space in what is left of the foward unto dawn. from what ive seen on the forums, people are speculating updated versions of the halo 3 weapons. my question is, how does that make any sence? master cheif goes into cryo sleep for however long, wakes up and then all the guns he had before hand are just updated? also how could they use halo reach’s spartan models? if i play the last level of halo 3 campaign, master chief is the Halo 3 Model spartan, then as soon as he wakes up in Halo 4, which is only acouple of years later, hes an updated Halo Reach Model spartan? some of these things just make no sence to me. Another question i have, the aparent Cover Art shows master chief in the Mark 7, i believe, armour. doesnt that mean the UNSC HAS to be part of Halo 4? can anyone help me out and clear all this up for me?

thank you

They could introduce new weapons by saying they were stashed in an armory not accessed by anyone else. Personally, if they were scatted from the Dawn as it entered the sphere, I’d buy that explanation by finding them randomly. As for the Mk.VII, I still don’t think it would be necessary to include it when Chief would make his armor better with Forerunner upgrades.

> They could introduce new weapons by saying they were stashed in an armory not accessed by anyone else. Personally, if they were scatted from the Dawn as it entered the sphere, I’d buy that explanation by finding them randomly. As for the Mk.VII, I still don’t think it would be necessary to include it when Chief would make his armor better with Forerunner upgrades.

I agree with you

i dont know, then i feel like why havent we saw them in any of the games yet? and is it proven for the engine to be based off of reach’s? i read somewhere that they are trying to go back to the halo combat evolved type sandbox which made me think are they doing like all the engines together into 1 super-mega engine? lmao

> i dont know, then i feel like why havent we saw them in any of the games yet? and is it proven for the engine to be based off of reach’s? i read somewhere that they are trying to go back to the halo combat evolved type sandbox which made me think are they doing like all the engines together into 1 super-mega engine? lmao

Engine =/= Gameplay
The engine is the coding on which graphics and gameplay are built on!

For example: A 2 story house and a mile long suspension bridge could both use the same building technique of concrete foundations, but the two are very different structures! (The engine is the building technique, and the gameplay/graphics is the end result.)

^

Very well written friend. Could agree more :slight_smile:

soo which engine will they be using then? and whichh spartan model are they using too? cuz reach’s didnt seem too right to me for some reason

Edit: Double post, ignore

Will someone please explain why the community has such a problem with just going with the flow on updates? I mean, the chiefs armor does look different in the Halo 4 trailer, but I think it looks cooler too. So we cant have any good changes to weapons or looks because “OMFG HE DNT LK THT WAY IN HALO 3!”

Just use you imagination to pretend that the weapons always looked that way. If he gets Mark 7 armor it will only be after/if he regroups with the UNSC.

I think we’ll have more fun with Halo 4 if we enjoy the ride rather than looking for inconsistencies.

They are going to use the Reach engine. The spartan in reach dont look right because they are spartan 3 not as strong or as big as spartan 2

> soo which engine will they be using then? and whichh spartan model are they using too? cuz reach’s didnt seem too right to me for some reason

They will be using a modified engine of previous games.
Each game engine used in Halo is an improved version of the one before it, hence Reach and Halo 4 use (will use) a modified version of Halo CE’s engine, however graphics and gameplay have significantly changed since then.

The Spartans in Reach are weaker and known as Spartan-III’s, whereas Masterchief (John117) is a Spartan-II.

> They are going to use the Reach engine. The spartan in reach dont look right because they are spartan 3 not as strong or as big as spartan 2

They’re using he same ENGINE. That doesn’t mean that the games are going to be the same! Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3 both share the same engine, but obviously these are two very different games.

> Will someone please explain why the community has such a problem with just going with the flow on updates? I mean, the chiefs armor does look different in the Halo 4 trailer, but I think it looks cooler too. So we cant have any good changes to weapons or looks because “OMFG HE DNT LK THT WAY IN HALO 3!”
>
> Just use you imagination to pretend that the weapons always looked that way. If he gets Mark 7 armor it will only be after/if he regroups with the UNSC.
>
> I think we’ll have more fun with Halo 4 if we enjoy the ride rather than looking for inconsistencies.

im not complaining. im fine with the armour changes, i encourage them. i just am hoping that the graphics come out nicely, because if we still do get our customization like in halo 3, i want my Mark V helmet to look like halo ce’s , not like reach’s garbage ;]

> They are going to use the Reach engine. The spartan in reach dont look right because they are spartan 3 not as strong or as big as spartan 2

well true my badd

> > They are going to use the Reach engine. The spartan in reach dont look right because they are spartan 3 not as strong or as big as spartan 2
>
> They’re using he same ENGINE. That doesn’t mean that the games are going to be the same! Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3 both share the same engine, but obviously these are two very different games.

I was trying to answer MySn1p3GeTsHeAD’s question on which engine halo 4 is goin to use.

just as long as there are NO AAs, or Bloom, im fine. i just really want it to play like halo 3 did just with updated graphics. i also hope they add alot of new armours that we havent seen before as well as bring back some from past games

If any of you ever have the time check out some of the Halo encylopedia or essential guide and they go into detail why the weapons are different every game. They just explain it as different variations of the same model when referring to the pistol and etc. And to the chief’s armor I’m still reading Glasslands and some other sources I just listened to a podcast on the site Forward Unto Dawn and they go into detail about how his armor changes. Its a little out there but plausible when thinking in the sci-fi world. I can tell you or you can listen. Its a decent podcast. The link is on waypoint

I don’t want it to look like a spartan-III. Spartan 3’s are too bulky for my style.